Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Never mind - he’s no Bobby Johnstone! ?

Different type of player. McDonald’s a holding midfielder and Johnstone was a creative ball playing inside forward you cannot compare them.

5 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I think his contract runs out with Wigan in January so unless Wigan give him a new contract he will be a free agent.

Deals have been completed already as loans with a view to signing permanently in January, is this any different? Surely given the players we've already signed this lad is worth a year? 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

If the league is as bad as everybody keeps saying then Bunn should be knocking Lemsagams door down demanding he delivers the players he wants.

If the league is as bad as everybody keeps saying then he doesn't need to.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Mid table then no he doesn't but challenging I think we need a couple. 

We'll be mid table. This is a season of stabilisation.

We are are not breaking the bank and doing things sensibly. The sooner the fan base realise this the happier they will be rather than the usual over inflated expectation of expecting/demanding to win every single game.

But I agree a couple in would be good for us.

1 minute ago, palmer1 said:

We are are not breaking the bank and doing things sensibly. The sooner the fan base realise this the happier they will be rather than the usual over inflated expectation of expecting/demanding to win every single game.

Very Corneyesque this line - what was the point in the change in ownership if we can’t wish for investment in the playing squad?

4 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

But if the league is terrible then you might not get a better chance to get out of it.

Unless the owner doesn't want to do in which case we should go with the current squad...

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Very Corneyesque this line - what was the point in the change in ownership if we can’t wish for investment in the playing squad?

Corneyesque?! The point is sort out his fuck ups! Clear his debts hence we're doing that and being sensible.

Hope for investment? You already have it (see above) but we won't be putting ourselves back into a position like Corney left the club. 

This isn't championsio manager! 

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

But if the league is terrible then you might not get a better chance to get out of it.

Unless the owner doesn't want to do in which case we should go with the current squad...

So if we don't invest in more players it's because the owner doesn't want promotion? 

This is why Ive stopped posting as much on here. Same shit, different day. 

28 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

It's very easy to get into the League 2 rut in much the same way we did in League 1, no doubt about it we are not far off being competitive but the signs would be ominous if we couldn't raise the funds for a couple of midfielders we desperately need.

Just now, palmer1 said:

Corneyesque?! The point is sort out his fuck ups! Clear his debts hence we're doing that and being sensible.

Hope for investment? You already have it (see above) but we won't be putting ourselves back into a position like Corney left the club. 

This isn't championsio manager! 

Corneyesque in the sense that we need to put up and shut up with the chronic lack of success and investment in the playing squad. 

If the season goes to pot I’m fully expecting Barry to come out and blame the fans for not turning up...

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If you read the post it suggests that this may not be the season we push for promotion with the alleged hidden debts Abdallah has inherited.

Archived