Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Even if we get him until January it would still be a big boost and ofcourse we could strengthen further in Jan.

Ofcourse we could have someonelse in mind.....

January obviously no good for him or Wigan, sounds like we can't afford to do the whole season.

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Played in the premier league when it was a big league unlike us when really no one outside the UK cared. Can't understand the jealously really.

The nostalgia lads will have your head for that and then start mumbling about how football isn’t what it used to be and how players like (insert name) would run riot.

???

3 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Worldwide?

They only chose Athletic because as Wigan Borough, then Town, then United then County, they went bust.

I remember them as a good Northern Premier League team. They stole our name, nickname and colours because they were running out of ideas. Still, copying us clearly helped to set them on their way....well, that and Dave Whelan's millions.

Wigan is world famous.....for George Orwell's wonderful book, rugby league and pie eating.

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

They only chose Athletic because as Wigan Borough, then Town, then United then County, they went bust.

I remember them as a good Northern Premier League team. They stole our name, nickname and colours because they were running out of ideas. Still, copying us clearly helped to set them on their way....well, that and Dave Whelan's millions.

Wigan is world famous.....for George Orwell's wonderful book, rugby league and pie eating.

Is that true that they went through all of those names?  Interesting if so.  At least they didn't copy the Villa from our Pine Villa days.

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not wanting to commit to a potential crock for nine months? 

Sort of player we are desperate for so hope a deal can be done, every signing is a risk but I'd rather we brought in the couple of players we need rather than being scared of how shit they may be. 

This lad and Cotterill seem like two who'd fit the bill to me.

Archived