Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The fixture list has been kind and the keeper has earned us points we probably shouldn't have got.

The midfield is a huge weakness and it doesn't look like being addressed.

Crawley will be a very tough game.

Fixture list has been kind however points still need getting from those games. Northampton lost to Morecambe, we beat them. We drew at Yeovil they have beaten teams. We drew despite playing dreadfully at Forest Green, once again they've drawn and beaten others. MK haven't lost. Macc weren't great but we beat them.

Interestingly, you say that the teams we have played have been kind fixtures. 3 of those we have played occupy top half after 5 games, 1 in autos, 1 in playoffs. Other two are bottom 3/4 who 'everybody should beat' - we beat both of them, what's the issue?

The phrase you can only play what's in front of you comes to mind. 

I think we have settled okay, nothing more, nothing less.

Just out of interest, where are these good teams we are going to play? MK, already played them. I guess Lincoln will be pretty decent, other than that I think the rest will be pretty similar.

Crawley won't be easy, neither will Newport (interestingly they're 5th, must have had easy fixtures) but again we should be looking for 6 points.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s not an exaggeration to say- We are one injury away from a crisis. If Gardner gets a knock, we are left with coke -awful injury record and Maouche-the invisible man. An to top it off Baxter still can’t get match fit. . . God knows why. 

Has the midfield cupboard ever been so bare??

Ay jimmy, I think your forgetting the cold winter of 57, BP remembers it well. We were down to the bare bones i say we were down to the bare bones. This Johnstone fellow had to play in midfield with 3, 14 year olds from the local playing fields it was a cruel cruel winter.

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Ay jimmy, I think your forgetting the cold winter of 57 62 , BP remembers it well. We were down to the bare bones i say we were down to the bare bones. This Johnstone fellow had to play in midfield with 3, 14 year olds from the local playing fields it was a cruel cruel winter.

FTFY. ?

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Ay jimmy, I think your forgetting the cold winter of 57, BP remembers it well. We were down to the bare bones i say we were down to the bare bones. This Johnstone fellow had to play in midfield with 3, 14 year olds from the local playing fields it was a cruel cruel winter.

BPs memory is still fine, it was 1960 not 1957 when Bobby signed. 57 was indeed a cruel winter though.

There was a 15yo who played in the first team back then...bet not many can name him?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

BPs memory is still fine, it was 1960 not 1957 when Bobby signed. 57 was indeed a cruel winter though.

There was a 15yo who played in the first team back then...bet not many can name him?

A quick google search says our youngest ever player was Eddie Hopkinson who was 16?

I can't agree that having a decent start is the worst thing that could have happened. The fanbase was ready to explode after the Forest Green game, another game or two without a win and I reckon the disruption of fan unrest could have sent us spiralling. So important after relegation to find your feet and get out of the losing habit. I think Bunn and Rhodes felt that importance as well.

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

We're 8th and, Surridge & Gevaro's goals aside, I haven't witnessed much football yet.

If we win on Saturday we'll be right up there. 

Even if we don't get anyone in now we might have enough to stay there or thereabouts until January when, if AL has sorted the mess he's inherited out, we might be able to make a decent couple of signings to get us over the line. 

(I say all this with caution on the basis Macclesfield and Morecambe are clearly dogshit) 

Typo, you should have written "fucking mess he created."

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Surprised Wigan would loan out to us again after some of the tales of poor repayment last season 

Imagine that Wigan will be paying if not all, then a great percentage of his wage due to his long injury absence.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Surprised Wigan would loan out to us again after some of the tales of poor repayment last season 

We’ve already got Lang from them this season so can’t see there being any issues

1 hour ago, singe said:

Old will be signing at the Spindles today.

We do like a player that has hardly played for a season!!

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We’ve already got Lang from them this season so can’t see there being any issues

Old, Lang signed?

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Coming back from a horrific injury so may have taken a few yards off him. Anyway lets wait and see if he actually signs... 

A championship level player a few yards off the pace will still be a star in league two. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not my favourite source of unimpeachable reference.

The normal reaction is for fans to say "he's shite" etc, the Latics fans seem to think he will be a good signing for someone like us and was a top player for them when fit.

Archived