Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The normal reaction is for fans to say "he's shite" etc, the Latics fans seem to think he will be a good signing for someone like us and was a top player for them when fit.

Are you referring to Wigan as Latics?  On here??!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Pringle was an unbelievable signing. Until he started playing...

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Was about to say them same

I'd imagine OWTB would go under if we started a new thread of players who were great on paper and when we signed them who turned to shite as soon as they went on the grass.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

I'd imagine OWTB would go under if we started a new thread of players who were great on paper and when we signed them who turned to shite as soon as they went on the grass.

Goes back as far as Mike Fillery.

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Pringle was an unbelievable signing. Until he started playing...

But wasn't Pringle's game based on pace and making runs etc?  So the injuries he's had would have more of an effect on his game.

I don't know a great deal about MacDonald but if more of a holding player, being a yard off the pace shouldn't affect his game as much as it did Pringle.  Shez was an example of that.

45 minutes ago, singe said:

#bringbacktheplastic

53 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

But wasn't Pringle's game based on pace and making runs etc?  So the injuries he's had would have more of an effect on his game.

I don't know a great deal about MacDonald but if more of a holding player, being a yard off the pace shouldn't affect his game as much as it did Pringle.  Shez was an example of that.

Shez was a holding player?

13 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Have I missed something here....what has Fillery got to do with plastic?

24 minutes ago, astottie said:

I refer you to the earlier point about Mike Fillery

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He used to play for QPR who once had a plastic pitch...?

My point was your reference to bringing back plastic wouldn't have helped Mike Fillery as his dismal time with us was when we had the plastic pitch

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He used to play for QPR who once had a plastic pitch

1 minute ago, astottie said:

My point was your reference to bringing back plastic wouldn't have helped Mike Fillery as his dismal time with us was when we had the plastic pitch

I don't think you can describe his time with us as dismal, more unfortunate...…..he got wiped out on his debut away at Hull by a disgraceful tackle after about 20 mins which kept him out with a serious knee injury for several months and only played one more game during which his injury flared up again.

5 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Could have sworn that's what people said about Palmer, Main and Holloway when they came in and made the difference. 

You know the 'kid from Burton who couldn't break through' - 'the striker that donny didn't want' - 'the striker that can't even cut it for League Two Wycombe'

If it hadn't been for Main's goals we'd of been down here sooner, what I'd give for him and Palmer to be here now 

7 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I don't think you can describe his time with us as dismal, more unfortunate...…..he got wiped out on his debut away at Hull by a disgraceful tackle after about 20 mins which kept him out with a serious knee injury for several months and only played one more game during which his injury flared up again.

not really a criticism more that it was a dismal time for him. I was at that Hull game. Just looked and saw he was here 2 years which is longer than I'dthought.

Archived