Beer - worst ever

No idea but the laziness of the club strikes once again as they've re-priced the whole menu and to cover up the old prices they've stuck on an a4 piece of paper with size 12 typing. 

Regardless, the beers they have on the pump taste absolutely dreadful. #amateurhour 

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No idea but the laziness of the club strikes once again as they've re-priced the whole menu and to cover up the old prices they've stuck on an a4 piece of paper with size 12 typing. 

Regardless, the beers they have on the pump taste absolutely dreadful. #amateurhour 

I’m looking for a motivational speaker are you for hire?

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Would suggest if you expect a decent pint from a pump that's only used sporadically that you're a bit of an amateur drinker. 

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I looked at the thread title and thought "Watney's Red Barrel".

Going back a few years, but i instantly thought of John Willie Less, especially after it had travelled more than 10 miles. Vile. Worst drink ever. OB was far better, as was/is Holts (and that's rough), Hyde's and Robinson's. Boddington's when at Strangeways was a class act. Pint of Boddies on a Friday, preceded by chips, pudding and gravy in my auntie's Pyrex bowl. Heaven.

How the hell did JWL survive....

I was in the 100 Club for the Forest game and able to drink San Miguel before the game, at half time and after the match. 

If they had anything resembling a half decent beer downstairs I might try and leave the White Hart to arrive at the ground earlier than 2.59.

It's the sheer laziness of it season after season - there are loads & loads of beers they could offer other than the cat piss they do with zero chance of making a penny less. They'd likely make more.  

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I was in the 100 Club for the Forest game and able to drink San Miguel before the game, at half time and after the match. 

If they had anything resembling a half decent beer downstairs I might try and leave the White Hart to arrive at the ground earlier than 2.59.

It's the sheer laziness of it season after season - there are loads & loads of beers they could offer other than the cat piss they do with zero chance of making a penny less. They'd likely make more.  

A few minipins of some decent ale.  Doddle.  Can't imagine why anyone serves or drinks some if the utter rubbish that almost all sports grounds get away with.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A few minipins of some decent ale.  Doddle.  Can't imagine why anyone serves or drinks some if the utter rubbish that almost all sports grounds get away with.

It would have to keep for a couple of weeks in some cases and cask would struggle to be decent after that length of time. They serve what they serve 'cos it's easy to keep, you've a captive clientele and the majority of them would drink it. If you want a decent drink a sports arena is not the place.  

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You've touched on a huge thing this club is lacking and thats the matchday experience. It's absolutely non existent. How many other clubs have a bar open to the fans prior to the match selling food or whatever and have the atmosphere build up? Like you, I turn up at about 2:55 and walk in and then go home. 75K for that letting space in the north stand is an absolute abomination. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You've touched on a huge thing this club is lacking and thats the matchday experience. It's absolutely non existent. How many other clubs have a bar open to the fans prior to the match selling food or whatever and have the atmosphere build up? Like you, I turn up at about 2:55 and walk in and then go home. 75K for that letting space in the north stand is an absolute abomination. 

Problem is the only stand with potentially decent facilities isn’t owned by us

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Although I'm not one for a regular pre-match pint the fact that we've not got a decent fans bar, at least for home supporters, is a big missed opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It would have to keep for a couple of weeks in some cases and cask would struggle to be decent after that length of time. They serve what they serve 'cos it's easy to keep, you've a captive clientele and the majority of them would drink it. If you want a decent drink a sports arena is not the place.  

Minipins are just beer in a box, similar to a wine box, and can be brought in the day before with no problem at all.  I know, I've run a village beer festival for eight years using them.  At around 18 pints in a box and a shelf life of at least a week there would be minimal risk.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Minipins are just beer in a box, similar to a wine box, and can be brought in the day before with no problem at all.  I know, I've run a village beer festival for eight years using them.  At around 18 pints in a box and a shelf life of at least a week there would be minimal risk.

I bow to your superior knowledge and agree it could be a "goer".

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They should get up to Greenfield brewery and get a load ordered. They do some lovely beers there, and it would be helping out a local business. Win win.

Just now, dave_ragg1984 said:

They should get up to Greenfield brewery and get a load ordered. They do some lovely beers there, and it would be helping out a local business. Win win.

Agreed.  My little event only uses local beers (Essex, Herts, Suffolk) but I have often wondered how I can organise a guest ale.

GB do 10 and 20 litre boxes.  Absolute no brainer in my book.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Agreed.  My little event only uses local beers (Essex, Herts, Suffolk) but I have often wondered how I can organise a guest ale.

GB do 10 and 20 litre boxes.  Absolute no brainer in my book.

I’ve bought a 10 litre box off them a couple of times, they’re great. £30 for 18 pints... you can’t go wrong!