Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

To rub salt in to the wounds FGR included 5 of our ‘castoffs’ in their starting eleven...

Reece Brown, Gavin Gunning, Joe Mills, Carl Winchester and scorer Rueben Reid!

Now that is depressing ☹️

Different Reece Brown than the one who played for us. 

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Stop moaning FFS!!!!

We’ve been shite for 20 years, I don’t mind losing or drawing but not being able to at least match FGR really pissed me off.

If we’d lost 5v1 we could have had no complaints...I haven’t seen my team win away in over 18 months.

I enjoy away trips like you lot but not just for the sake of it, at this rate we’ll be following them next season in the ‘National League! 

You're right, fans want to see the team having a real go at winning away matches.

It's great to see the team dominate away from home, makes it a day out to remember with fondness.

Have to say based on the highlights we should have lost.

As has been previously mentioned, we have a cross and the goal.

They had another five chances on those highlights and apart from a couple of decent/lucky saves we'd have lost. Graham 'based' on the highlights looks garbage and he wasn't that great against MK at home.

4 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

They had another five chances on those highlights and apart from a couple of decent/lucky saves we'd have lost. Graham 'based' on the highlights looks garbage and he wasn't that great against MK at home.

I sat through the extended highlights. There’s 3 more crosses straight at the keeper included... 

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

You should go to games and then your comments might carry more credence,  Sam Graham is one of our only real bright sparks at the moment and potentially could have a great career in front of him, that lad is the least of our problems I can assure you of that. In fact our young defence/keeper  has coped admirably despite being offered zero protection from a midfield that's as bad as it gets.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

.......Sam Graham is one of our only real bright sparks at the moment and potentially could have a great career in front of him......

I went to the game on Satdi..... I don't doubt he has the potential, for a 17yo boy he was/is capable of competing with men.... but - unsurprisingly for a 17yo - he was caught out of position a few times, mistimed & lost headers, one of which led to their goal...... and so bright spark or not, if he plays 30 odd games for us this year, we've absolutely no chance of threatening the top 7 in this league.

If, when Clarke is back (assuming he's not on loan a Accrington, as unsubstantiated rumours on Twitter would have you believe) Bunn plays Clarke & Graham, instead of Clarke & Edmundson (our own player) then I'll be seriously disappointed.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I went to the game on Satdi..... I don't doubt he has the potential, for a 17yo boy he was/is capable of competing with men.... but - unsurprisingly for a 17yo - he was caught out of position a few times, mistimed & lost headers, one of which led to their goal...... and so bright spark or not, if he plays 30 odd games for us this year, we've absolutely no chance of threatening the top 7 in this league.

This is the point I was trying to make ....

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If, when Clarke is back (assuming he's not on loan a Accrington, as unsubstantiated rumours on Twitter would have you believe) Bunn plays Clarke & Graham, instead of Clarke & Edmundson (our own player) then I'll be seriously disappointed.

Graham is our player for the season, don't get this thing people have with loanees, should we have played Holloway over Doyle last season because he was 'our' player?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Graham is our player for the season, don't get this thing people have with loanees, should we have played Holloway over Doyle last season because he was 'our' player?

Bit of a different example the one above.

Rather give Edmundson the chance to prove himself and gain experience rather than some 17 year old lad from Sheffield United. If he was already miles above Edmundson and a better player, then yes play him, but based on what we've seen so far he isn't. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't get this thing people have with loanees that are no better than what we already have.

Doyle > Holloway

Graham = Edmundson

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don't get this thing people have with loanees that are no better than what we already have.

Doyle > Holloway

Graham = Edmundson

Sample size far too small to make that judgement.

The lad came in with good reviews, Edmundson was pretty much through the door at Flyde not long ago.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Unfortunately Graham slipped prior to his poor header that led to the goal. His general play was decent and I don’t doubt his potential but he needs careful coaching to ensure that clearances are better directed and positional play is improved. 

The huge surprise for me on Saturday was the lack of closing down in the middle of the pitch. Bunn has spoken of the work ethic he will instil in his team play but this was sorely lacking against Forest Green. 

Hopefully Clarke will return and partner whichever of the two young centre backs happens to be playing the better football. But more importantly, having had a brief glimpse of what Baxter can bring to the attack, my fervent hope is that Jose can shake off the niggling injury he is carrying. And if Byrne was reinstated alongside him .... 

<☹️ wakes up and smells the coffee...>

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Doyle > Holloway

Graham = Edmundson

Based on having seen him for both league games. 

Edmundson > Graham = Stott. 

I'm very happy to play someone else's youngsters ahead of our own, if they are better. I'm still to be convinced that Graham is better than Stott nevermind Edmundson. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The huge surprise for me on Saturday was the lack of closing down in the middle of the pitch.....

....esp when we had 5 in midfield..... there were times when they walked straight through us.....!

This is the bit that Gardner, Bunn & Lemsagam need to understand. 7 players missing or not, If you set up 4-5-1 at Forest fkin Green and are then 2nd best for much of the 1st half..... you're gonna get booed off [and no I didn't boo].

Our supporter base [quite understandably] expects better than that.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Sample size far too small to make that judgement.

The lad came in with good reviews, Edmundson was pretty much through the door at Flyde not long ago.

Edmondson was through the door at Sunderland just before that.

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

To rub salt in to the wounds FGR included 5 of our ‘castoffs’ in their starting eleven...

Reece Brown, Gavin Gunning, Joe Mills, Carl Winchester and scorer Rueben Reid!

Now that is depressing ☹️

To be fair Reuben Reid looked a totally different player to the fat get who played for us. Guess playing for a vegan club rather than one that tells you to go to the Nando's over the road to buy your own dinner has its advantages.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wasn't there and have no idea how bad or good (!) we were but gaving a view based on a few edited highlights is patently ridiculous

We could have been 3 or 4 nil down at halftime, looked far better when Baxter came on. Could maybe have been in with a chance of winning if we'd gone for it and brought on Benteke but instead we hung on for a draw.

At Forest fucking Green.

2 minutes ago, rosa said:

We could have been 3 or 4 nil down at halftime, looked far better when Baxter came on. Could maybe have been in with a chance of winning if we'd gone for it and brought on Benteke but instead we hung on for a draw.

At Forest fucking Green.

Suspected as much!

23 minutes ago, rosa said:

At Forest fucking Green.

If we'd of won that it would of been daylight robbery.

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wasn't there and have no idea how bad or good (!) we were but gaving a view based on a few edited highlights is patently ridiculous

No it's not ....

If the highlights show they had 8 chances and we had 1 chance, it's hardly ridiculous to have the opinion that we should have lost ....

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It would be if he was giving a view that conflicted with the views of those of us who went but, in this instance, he has correctly surmised from said edited highlights that we were indeed fucking shit. 

• Like 1