Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

11 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

While walking past the official entrance, Mrs S and I were invited into the stadium to look round the hospitality set-up - very similar to FCUM's.

Some pictures and video of the penalty:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157694272818470

They are after your patronage Diego, your fame must have spread down to the south-west.

This comment resulted from my pictures:

Arthur Daley 1h

As a Forest Green supporter I can only see this ending badly. Even tho the chairman’s money has got us where we are the the whole facility seems to be one big ego trip for him.

Fgr are a mid table team at best this season, money doesn’t always lead to success. He wants to move forest green away from forest green ( where they have played for over a hundred years) and build eco homes on the site. The blokes just another business man getting a name for himself.

Most fans who turn up couldn’t give two hoots about veganism, being carbon neutral,etc. They just want to support there local team and they can see through all the marketing baloney.

UNACCEPTABLE: that must rank as one of the worst performances ever from our once great club/

we are sinking into the abyss and us fans are seemingly sitting back and watching it happen,  and to the happy clappers yesterday we are at the bottom of the 4th division.

i wish i had some answers or suggestions on what we as fans can do about it , but i fear we are following Stockport County and it hurts.

The start we have had suggests we are going to struggle at the wrong end of league 2 but early days - the games against Derby and Macclesfield will give us a clearer idea.

We have a class player in Jose but he is way off starting games which suggests an impact role until Christmas unless he also falls foul of a training regime which seems designed to cause injuries rather than create fitness.

Two strikers out with tight hamstrings has to be the result of what they are being asked to do.

As I've said before a professional football team should not start the season with so many ruled out because of injuries.  Something is wrong with what they are being asked to do.

8 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

He was ill with a virus and then came back to train and got injured in training. Nothing sinister in that and is just bad luck on his part because he’s looked fittter this preseason than for a long time. 

I agree with you that this is the likely scenario, but why doesn’t FB say what’s happened? It’s all clouded in secrecy! I can understand to a degree that he needs to keep certain things under wraps, such as a transfer target that he doesn’t want to alert other clubs to, but all we are talking about is an injured player aren’t we? If he’s been ill and then got a knock on his knee then tell the fans what’s happened. I find the lack of communication from FB a little irritating to be honest. Answering questions with “possibly” and a silly grin will soon start to grate on people.

Give the fans a bit of credit, treat them like they should be treated and stop being so guarded all the time.

2 minutes ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

UNACCEPTABLE: that must rank as one of the worst performances ever from our once great club/

we are sinking into the abyss and us fans are seemingly sitting back and watching it happen,  and to the happy clappers yesterday we are at the bottom of the 4th division.

i wish i had some answers or suggestions on what we as fans can do about it , but i fear we are following Stockport County and it hurts.

We seem to have too many average strikers when  I feel it would be better to get at least  one quality one up front.Feel we are a bit lightweight.More quality,less quantity.

2 minutes ago, Hands on said:

The start we have had suggests we are going to struggle at the wrong end of league 2 but early days - the games against Derby and Macclesfield will give us a clearer idea.

We have a class player in Jose but he is way off starting games which suggests an impact role until Christmas unless he also falls foul of a training regime which seems designed to cause injuries rather than create fitness.

Two strikers out with tight hamstrings has to be the result of what they are being asked to do.

As I've said before a professional football team should not start the season with so many ruled out because of injuries.  Something is wrong with what they are being asked to do.

OR

Taylor and Clarke are old men and Miller is an ageing chap who hasn’t played for over a year.

40 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

They are after your patronage Diego, your fame must have spread down to the south-west.

The guy who showed us round said "I can't believe that little FGR are playing the famous Oldham Athletic, who were in the Premier League".

Obviously he was old enough to remember the days when we were many fans' second club to support. Back in those days a journalist wrote:

"People no longer underestimate Oldham Athletic as a playing force. Perhaps they began last season tilting at windmills, but as mighty teams fell in their wake, Oldham earned a reputation for flowing adventurous football which made them one of the most popular and watchable sides to emerge in a league which seemed to have forgotten how to entertain".

I wonder what the FGR guy's opinion of the famous Oldham Athletic was after yesterday's performance. ?

3 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

We seem to have too many average strikers when  I feel it would be better to get at least  one quality one up front.Feel we are a bit lightweight.More quality,less quantity.

What happens if said striker gets injured, like Doyle did last season?

18 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with you that this is the likely scenario, but why doesn’t FB say what’s happened? It’s all clouded in secrecy! I can understand to a degree that he needs to keep certain things under wraps, such as a transfer target that he doesn’t want to alert other clubs to, but all we are talking about is an injured player aren’t we? If he’s been ill and then got a knock on his knee then tell the fans what’s happened. I find the lack of communication from FB a little irritating to be honest. Answering questions with “possibly” and a silly grin will soon start to grate on people.

Give the fans a bit of credit, treat them like they should be treated and stop being so guarded all the time.

Nah....so you are saying Bunn should do a club interview on Friday and tell Forest Green that Clarke is injured instead of letting them guess our line-up!!!

Why do you feel the need to know the moment it happens?

Edited by mikejh45

19 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Is Byrne a visionary? Did he get suspended for telling Bunn where to get off with his strict fitness regime citing Baxter as a prime example?

21 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

He did tell us what happened, that’s how you know isn’t it?

If you are saying he should be announcing this before the match, then I am disapointed in myself for engaging with such a stupid mindset.

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Nah....so you are saying Bunn should do a club interview on Friday and tell Forest Green that Clarke is injured instead of letting them guess our line-up!!!

Why do you feel the need to know the moment it happens?

I don’t feel the need to know the moment it happens. I’m just irritated by all the secrecy on everything. If you’re ok with it then fine. It’s all about opinions. I find it boring and a bit depressing to be honest. My opinion nothing more.

Barring THAT Crewe match, yesterday (especially the first half) has to be the worst away performance I’ve witnessed. We were 2nd in every department (apart from GK) to Forest Green Rovers - Jesus wept! 

Not sure where we’re heading, but I don’t like it. How low can we go? 

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

He did tell us what happened, that’s how you know isn’t it?

If you are saying he should be announcing this before the match, then I am disapointed in myself for engaging with such a stupid mindset.

Stupid is as stupid does. Don’t engage. Simple!!!

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good pics, apart from the giant green rabbit. That is seriously scary.......

It got the "WTF is that!" chorus in the marquee bar.

BTW, the green hare model in the pictures is called 'Hare-y Kane' :shock: and is part of the Cotswolds Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty Hare Trail.

http://www.cotswoldsharetrail.org.uk/hares/

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This strict fitness regime seems to have crippled half the squad...

Baxter didn't look like he'd been part of any strict routine, don't get me wrong I love the guy but he was hopelessly unfit. Still did more dead on his feet than either Maouche or Coke mind and I suspect he was only thrown on to give everyone a lift after the pathetic first half performance. 

1 hour ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

The guy who showed us round said "I can't believe that little FGR are playing the famous Oldham Athletic, who were in the Premier League".

Obviously he was old enough to remember the days when we were many fans' second club to support. Back in those days a journalist wrote:

"People no longer underestimate Oldham Athletic as a playing force. Perhaps they began last season tilting at windmills, but as mighty teams fell in their wake, Oldham earned a reputation for flowing adventurous football which made them one of the most popular and watchable sides to emerge in a league which seemed to have forgotten how to entertain".

I wonder what the FGR guy's opinion of the famous Oldham Athletic was after yesterday's performance. ?

someone mentioned yesterday, and I havn't checked the accuracy of this but when we were in the Premier League...FGR were 16 levels below us in the league structure...:(

6 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Seems like some home truths about money , available players and yesterday’s performance from Frankie Bunn.

http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16413457.frankie-bunns-forest-green-rovers-reaction/ 

So. . . .

We’ve gone from bringing in Menig on god knows how much a week, and having a very large squad. To chopping literally every big earner then (in bunns words) having no chance of signing a Doyle type character. 

Does this mean AL did all his money in the first half season of ownership???? The cuts have been so dramatic, and signings so poor, what else can it be? 

Oh ffs. I need a new interest. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

So. . . .

We’ve gone from bringing in Menig on god knows how much a week, and having a very large squad. To chopping literally every big earner then (in bunns words) having no chance of signing a Doyle type character. 

Does this mean AL did all his money in the first half season of ownership???? The cuts have been so dramatic, and signings so poor, what else can it be? 

Oh ffs. I need a new interest. 

He’s cost cutting to afford getting rid of the landlords?

The research behind why he needs to do that was either not effective or was otherwise scuppered by skullduggery.