Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On the plus side in a couple of seasons we can drink on the terraces - every cloud and that....

A few weeks ago I think a change in law was more likely to bring that benefit than successive relegations, now I’m less sure.

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He’s cost cutting to afford getting rid of the landlords?

The research behind why he needs to do that was either not effective or was otherwise scuppered by skullduggery. 

Fair comment. 

I have no doubt this played a part.

I’m just shocked at how quickly the money has run dry. 

Who from our starting 11 yesterday definitely gets in Forest Green's starting 11? I'm struggling.

What a sad state of affairs when these pub sides have a more ambitious board than a proud club like ourselves. 

Mentioned it on another thread but most of the players we benched or didn't rate would have been the best players on the park yesterday. Forest Green were well drilled but lacked in ability and to be fair if Iversen wasn't on top form then we definitely would have lost. Duckens Nazon, Craig Davies, Holloway, Green and Banks would have put on a better showing than some of the players yesterday.

Yesterday's game also showed how far out of their depth those french lads are, especially Missilou. Missilou, positional wise was absolutely dreadful, he didn't get near anyone and most people ran straight past him. Gardner had to do two jobs at once. Branger on the right doesn't work he was a lot brighter on the left against MK but even then he kept on making the wrong pass or trying to take on everyone and inevitably failing.

What was clear to see was how much of a difference a player like Jose Baxter makes. He must be only about 50% fit because he was blowing with about 5 mins to go. But he was constantly asking for the ball, linking play and making things happen. His positioning and passing changed it up in the first 15 mins of the second half but he tired himself quickly. 

I don't know what's going on with Jack Byrne but for the love of christ Abdallah, get over yourself and get him back in the squad... he could have probably won that game on his own yesterday. We also need to somehow find a winger who can take on a man and cross a ball because Nepo is failing in that department and we had no outlet out wide who the other players trusted. 

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with you that this is the likely scenario, but why doesn’t FB say what’s happened? It’s all clouded in secrecy! I can understand to a degree that he needs to keep certain things under wraps, such as a transfer target that he doesn’t want to alert other clubs to, but all we are talking about is an injured player aren’t we? If he’s been ill and then got a knock on his knee then tell the fans what’s happened. I find the lack of communication from FB a little irritating to be honest. Answering questions with “possibly” and a silly grin will soon start to grate on people.

Give the fans a bit of credit, treat them like they should be treated and stop being so guarded all the time.

To be honest I thought he had explained that Clarke was injured in his ifollow interview part 2.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

To be honest I thought he had explained that Clarke was injured in his ifollow interview part 2.

Probably me being picky, it just seems that nothing is explained fully and the fans are kept in the dark. It’s not just FB, it’s being going on for years now. Donkeys years ago if we had to sell one of our better players at least the fans could be placated somewhat by seeing that at least we got £x amount for him. Nowadays it’s almost always an undisclosed fee. Why? I don’t get it. There’s nothing for the fans to get excited about. AL talks about the supporters being important to the club. FB has said the right things regarding the support, but by and large the fans seem to be treated like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed sh*t.

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

Probably me being picky, it just seems that nothing is explained fully and the fans are kept in the dark. It’s not just FB, it’s being going on for years now. Donkeys years ago if we had to sell one of our better players at least the fans could be placated somewhat by seeing that at least we got £x amount for him. Nowadays it’s almost always an undisclosed fee. Why? I don’t get it. There’s nothing for the fans to get excited about. AL talks about the supporters being important to the club. FB has said the right things regarding the support, but by and large the fans seem to be treated like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed sh*t.

This better explains a properlylegitimate gripe.

3 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

From reading the posts on here sounds like yesterday was on a par with Crewe away - my sympathies to all who attended. 

Yes it was on a par, just to make the experience a bit more miserable though it pissed it down from about half three and it was a nice four hour drive home thrown in for good measure, it's staggering we have a following of any note left all things considered. If ever a group of fans deserved a team to cheer it's our fans yet the club captain reckons is alright to come over giving it the Billy big bollocks - bellend.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes it was on a par, just to make the experience a bit more miserable though it pissed it down from about half three and it was a nice four hour drive home thrown in for good measure, it's staggering we have a following of any note left all things considered. If ever a group of fans deserved a team to cheer it's our fans yet the club captain reckons is alright to come over giving it the Billy big bollocks - bellend.

I wasn't there so won't comment on the poor performance but telling your own fans to stop booing you doesn't strike me as a "billy big bollocks-bellend" reaction, particularly as he put a shift in last week and apparently this as well. Not much is achieved by booing your own players however much they may deserve it. Don't know if you were one of those defending Gerrard for his response to criticism on twitter but it'd be easier to ignore that than someone having a go during a match in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I wasn't there so won't comment on the poor performance but telling your own fans to stop booing you doesn't strike me as a "billy big bollocks-bellend" reaction, particularly as he put a shift in last week and apparently this as well. Not much is achieved by booing your own players however much they may deserve it. Don't know if you were one of those defending Gerrard for his response to criticism on twitter but it'd be easier to ignore that than someone having a go during a match in my opinion.

So piss all the fans off who've stood there in the pouring rain to watch an absolute shower of shit performance in between a nice eight or nine hour round trip, oh and paying for the privilege.

Gardners been decent and on a different level to most of his team mates this season but he's going for a third relegation on the trot and he's the fucking captain giving it big licks to his own fans - sorry he can fuck right off for me and every fan who booed them off at half time yesterday had every right because it's not good enough.

With rail tickets £50, match ticket £17, £30 for a taxi to the Ground because it was in the middle of fucking nowhere! Add to that summat to eat and a few (shite) beers I spent the best part of £150 yesterday to watch a performance like that!!

I go to a fair few away games during the season when work allows but I thought about it for a while after yesterdays game and I honestly couldn’t remember the last time I saw a victory on my travels.

My patience is wearing very thin. That was another fantastic turnout from supporters and they deserve so much better. We never even looked like we could compete yesterday never mind win at ‘Forest Green Fucking Rovers’!!

I don’t know what the fuck is going on behind the scenes at BP but If Bunn has been shafted by AL and is now working under severe financial constraints he’d be better off coming clean to the fans or even resigning as through no fault of his own his legendary status could be seriously in decline if he sticks around and fails!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

With rail tickets £50, match ticket £17, £30 for a taxi to the Ground because it was in the middle of fucking nowhere! Add to that summat to eat and a few (shite) beers I spent the best part of £150 yesterday to watch a performance like that!!

Was the food ok?