Newport (H)

I think we edged it first half that said they had the best chance though and De La Paz made a cracking save.

Get the ball to Lang and encourage him to go at them.

Newport are big physical organised and a threat from set peices it might be that 1 chance that settles it. We need to make sure we take it when it comes.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Thought Missilou and Edmundson were great , not sure how we lost that !!! we had so much of the play , they certainly stopped us playing especially in the first half when Lang and Surridge were kicked/blocked off every time

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can’t wait for the latest defence of Gardner. Garbage performance from him.  Cowardly. 

Missilou embarrassed him today, why persist putting him on set pieces when he hasn't found a team mate with a pass for about three weeks, he really does need to play himself into form because he was fucking dreadful today, gave away the ball in the lead up to the goal and was forever killing any attacking impetus we had.

O'Grady is wearing very thin on me as well he just gets in the way all the time and has zero awareness of whats going on around him.

Missilou, Edmondson and Lang all had good games, Surridge was out of sorts and De La Paz kept us in it and couldn't be faulted.

Shame the runs come to an end but we go again next week.

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This is why we won’t get promotion. Can’t break these types of sides down, not good enough today. 

Have to say that I agree with this.  This league is terrible from what I've seen.  

Andy Taylor I thought played well as did Missilou.  O'Grady had a decent game today.  Have to say i thought Branger offered nothing.  

Was surprised when O'Grady came of as he was winning headers and surely it was obvious they were going to sit deep?  Surridge spent the last half hour falling over and fouling people.

Felt this was actually the best we have played funny enough- until we went behind then we had no clue what to do. 

We tend to make poor decisions which have cost us today really. Missolou went right when breaking and we had two over on his left, is a casing point.

Deserved a draw out of this at least, they were pretty bad and won, Gardner over running the ball which cost us, couldn't see them or us scoring to be honest.

MOM today is Taylor with  a special mention for Missilou.

Dire Game.

Zeus was ok. Two very good saves in the first half

Hunt, not sure about him. Seems to have progressively regressed.

Taylor overhit his crosses on a regular basis.

Clarke done for pace all game. Took off his game reading glasses midway through the first half.

Eddie below his best but better than most.

Gardener was caught in posession too many times

Missilou joint MOM

Lang overran the ball on multiple occasions in good positions

Branger joint MOM

COG in the defenders' pockets

Surridge ran around a lot.

I have absolutely no clue what formation we were playing. The players had even less of an idea. We seem to have become stereotypical 4th division players overnight.

Newport sucked us into their game. We werent strong enough or creative enough to play anything other.

Very poor

Edited by L1onheartNew