Newport (H)

37 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Different type of players.

Baxter offered nothing, as in the last game. Something is wrong with him with this injury dragging on.

Thought Gardner was ok in the first half, but his 2nd half performance, as have been most recently, was poor. 

Edited by BP1960

There are so many questions running round my head so I'll throw them out to the local intelligentsia:

- Is Gardner missing Fane playing behind him?

- Is Gardner being kept in until the Villain becomes fit and available?

- Is Hunt better at left back (and as such Taylor's deputy in the squad) based on his performance last week?

- Should Hamer come in at right back and when fit, Dummigan in front of him.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Baxter offered nothing, as in the last game. Something is wrong with him with this injury dragging on.

Thought Gardner was ok in the first half, but his 2nd half performance, as have been most recently, was poor. 

Sorry to say but I don't think he will get back to being the player he was.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Your no mug BP so can you just tell me what was ok about Gardners first half performance, his pass completion rate was abysmal as was every set piece in the first half, whats with hanging every cross up in the air with his sand wedge as well? Anything whipped in troubled them yet we persisted with floating balls in which were easy pickings for their keeper and centrehalf.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Unsure if posted elsewhere but we have the second lowest shots in box ratio in the entire division. I’d imagine it’s even worse after today.

Borderline disgraceful. Knew this style of football was going to come full circle. We should be second today but we’re 10th.

Going to really struggle next two games

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Borderline disgraceful. Knew this style of football was going to come full circle. We should be second today but we’re 10th.

Going to really struggle next two games

Against Grimsby? Granted Colchester and Swindon will provide stiffer challenges.

We’ll finish around the position we currently are. The talk of promotion and relegation are equally daft, can’t see why people’s expectations are so high with an average quality squad, poor strength in depth and a rookie manager...

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We’ll finish around the position we currently are. The talk of promotion and relegation are equally daft, can’t see why people’s expectations are so high with an average quality squad, poor strength in depth and a rookie manager...

Because what team that gets relegated doesn't aim to get up straight away?

Promotion is all we should be aiming for. Anyone at the club who thinks otherwise should exit stage left. It's only going to get harder the longer we stay down. 

We lost. No disaster. Get back to grinding out results like we did before today.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your no mug BP so can you just tell me what was ok about Gardners first half performance, his pass completion rate was abysmal as was every set piece in the first half, whats with hanging every cross up in the air with his sand wedge as well? Anything whipped in troubled them yet we persisted with floating balls in which were easy pickings for their keeper and centrehalf.

Looks like a stamina problem to me, I think most on here would say he sprayed some good passes  in the first half, but was ragged in the second.

Thought we were dry bummed there. Tried to play some decent football on the ground.  Our goalie made one excellent save, defence looked reasonably comfortable against a couple of big lads. Midfield worked OK first half but no excuse for Gardner knocking corners over the penalty area and out of play. Missilou was everything Fane cannot be, mobile, good tackler can see a pass and had a good shot on target, easily MOM . Lang looked very good, bit disappointed in Surridge after previous games, thought O'Grady played pretty well, mobile and played the other forwards in well a couple of times.

Big worry is our 'marquee' player Baxter, looks overweight and unfit which is unacceptable at this stage of the season, if Gardner had done what Baxter did when he played the ball straight out of play trying a reverse pass he would have been even more crucified than he is by some on here today.

We dominated that game, they barely got out of their own third for large parts of it. We just had too many people acting as playmaker and nobody acting as kickitintothenetter. Lang and Surridge both trying to supply rather than score, O'Grady not quite nimble enough to be the focal point. It's small changes needed. 

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Because what team that gets relegated doesn't aim to get up straight away?

Promotion is all we should be aiming for. Anyone at the club who thinks otherwise should exit stage left. It's only going to get harder the longer we stay down. 

We lost. No disaster. Get back to grinding out results like we did before today.

I just don’t think Frankie has the tools to push for promotion, quality of incomings hasn’t reflected the quality of outgoings imo. If we do finish top 7 then he’s a top gaffer who will outgrow the club.

Would genuinely love to be wrong btw, I’ve loved the games prior to today.