Newport (H)

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

He isn’t playing well, but he’s all we’ve got. 

Who would have come in for him? 

Also. Why on earth Baxter can’t do 90 mins or even consistently do an hour and then come off is baffling. 

Anyone can come on for him to be honest. He’s been shit for weeks.  Maouche deserves a game. 

Baxter is a worry. Looks like his legs are made of lead. 

Edited by kowenicki

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Like it or not those are the games where you are going to miss a Byrne type, someone with composure who can carry the ball forward.

You ain't winning promotion with Chris O'Grady in your team.

Yet Baxter offered  nothing when he came on.

I don't think it was THAT bad. We had a lot of the play we just struggled to break them down.

Zeus - one great save, couple of decent ones. Solid. I wouldn't drop him.

Taylor - steady again and delivered some great balls

Clarke - usual self, bit lucky near end to not concede from him being undecided 

Edmundson - solid. Gets better each game

Hunt - looks unsure at times. Some poor balls

Lang - very good performance from him. Looks a threat just need someone playing the balls through to him that he played through

Gardner - good pressing and closing down but woeful passing again

Missile - didnt put a foot wrong. MOTM easily

Branger - didnt get in the game at all today

Surridge - tireless, put himself about well as per

O'Grady - some very neat touches but frustrating with such a lack of pace

Baxter - should have done better with his header. Didn't get to have much effect on anything 

Good team performance just lacking that killer ball or shooting rather than looking for an extra pass or crossing earlier

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Paz.  Good 

Hunt.  Poor

Clarke.  Average

Ed.  Good

Taylor. V Good

Gardner.  Shitter than shit

Missile.  MOTM

Branger.  Average

Lang. Good

O’Grady. Average

Surrudge.  Average.

Agree with this, someone mentioned Branger as mom - not a chance, in my previous post I didn't mention Taylor but he was excellent, Hamer also can't be far away from a start in front of Hunt who is going backwards. Thought Edmondson was great today got Clarke out of trouble on more than one occasion.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't think it was THAT bad. We had a lot of the play we just struggled to break them down.

Lang - very good performance from him. Looks a threat just need someone playing the balls through to him that he played through

Baxter - should have done better with his header. Didn't get to have much effect on anything 

Good team performance just lacking that killer ball or shooting rather than looking for an extra pass or crossing earlier

That, for me, is a spot on assessment. We probably didn't deserve to win it, but certainly deserved a point. They had four shots all game, all on target. We had thirteen with five on target so that, members of the jury, is where we are falling down.

I thought we played some decent football at times, but that final ball is missing and too many crosses go astray. Compare Taylor's crosses with Gardner's. When Nepomuceno is back, I'd play Lang central with Surridge, but that probably means keeping Bang-Bang on the right. He could play on the left as he's left footed, but would Nepo be effective on the right?

Special mention goes to Missilou; MOM for me. Got stuck in, won the ball back so many times and his passing wasn't too shabby, either. De La Paz was solid, too. A couple of excellent saves, especially the one going in the top corner in the first half.

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Opinions eh. I thought he did that well just shite after it

I thought he was rarely in the game, marking space most of the time.  When he did get it in open play he gave it away and he really really needs to stop taking dead ball situations. So bad. 

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

They did but, in fairness, most said it only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. If he's "on it", I'd always have Gardner.

Once again, he wasn't "on it"...more to the point, he was nowhere near "on it".

I like Gardner, but his confidence is "shot to pieces"...….so how many more starting opportunities should he have?

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Once again, he wasn't "on it"...more to the point, he was nowhere near "on it".

I like Gardner, but his confidence is "shot to pieces"...….so how many more starting opportunities should he have?

In a word - none.

He literally is a liability and being carried.

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

Strap Gardner to a rocket and fire him to the moon. So poor. 

Missilou getting a lot of credit: think he was at fault for the goal? Clarke went beserk at him after wards. 

The real culprit was..... Gardner. Gave the ball away in our break out and then did nowt to get it back, as is his way these days.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Strap Gardner to a rocket and fire him to the moon. So poor. 

Missilou getting a lot of credit: think he was at fault for the goal? Clarke went beserk at him after wards. 

Gardner defiantly gave the ball away in the lead up to the goal, if Clarke had a go at Missilou he's a cheeky cunt because that man was head and shoulders above Clarke and Gardner combined.

Edited by yarddog73

Unlucky to lose - but we probably weren't clinical enough in the final third to deserve more than a point. Newport got two more than they came for; I'm yet to see a decent side in this league.

Thought Missilou, Lang, Zeus and Taylor played well. Edmundson was pretty good too.

Branger was largely anonymous, and Surridge didn't have his best game. Baxter did nothing when he came on.

Gardner was poor for the last half-hour, but think some of the vitriol on here is a bit of an over-reaction...

We've played worse and won games.

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Actually agree with you for once. Decision making in the final third let us down today.

I really like O’Grady, a very intelligent player but sadly his pace lets him down. Can tell he’s played at a higher level.