On 11/23/2018 at 4:43 AM, fleetwood Blue said:

Hampton & Richmond defender Tyrell Miller-Rodney has been given a retrospective two-game ban for 'successful deception of a match official' in winning a penalty against Us in the FA cup

I’m almost always cheering for the underdog but H&RBFC were a dirty lot. Dives, cheap shots, the whole bit. Couldn’t believe it. Dirty dirty Beavers. Glad for the ban but would be out of my mind if we had lost.

Heres hoping Maidstone are on the level.

Edited by U.S. Blues

This is a massive game for us now. Don’t think we have the players or manager to get us into the playoffs this season so a Cup run, and more specifically, a big draw in round 3 or 4 could provide  the extra cash and impetus for a challenge next season

I would settle for mid table, away to Arsenal in the FA Cup and checkertrade Wembley final as long as it isn’t against U21 money leaguers 😎

Edited by Ritchierich

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The ref so far has done OK, the liner had a shocker with the disallowed goal for offside. 

I wasn’t sure at first, but according to the laws of the game he is offside. That is the only reason why men on the posts at a corner are not a good idea.

If Solihull had a man on the line, he may end up being onside, as the man on the line would end up being marked.

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I wasn’t sure at first, but according to the laws of the game he is offside. That is the only reason why men on the posts at a corner are not a good idea.

If Solihull had a man on the line, he may end up being onside, as the man on the line would end up being marked.

It would have to be two men on the line

Just now, disjointed said:

He wasn't offside when he took the corner so I don't get how he has come from an offside position. 

The moment a corner is taken the corner taker is in an offside position until they:

1.) Get behind the ball or

2.) Get level with the last but one defender

3.) The ball goes out of play

Even if the player stopping the ball plays it backwards the corner taker is still offside.

See http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

The moment a corner is taken the corner taker is in an offside position until they:

Even if the player stopping the ball plays it backwards the corner taker is still offside.

See http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside 

This would have made a good "you are the ref" in Shoot.

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They know how to complicate the game, the rules of the game have been the death knell for goalhangers.