1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Big club, not played there since 1996, will take 3500+, winnable. Hardly that random. 

Birmingham City are not a big club, when we played them in 96 we were arguably the bigger club. I'd strongly argue Forest are a bigger club and look how pitiful the gate there was. 

I don't think Birmingham will rest many players. If we get a team outside the Top 7 in the PL we want one who is going to rest players to give us the best chance of winning, and/or one where the gate will be 30,000+. Birmingham will do neither. 

Newcastle, West Ham and Leeds on the other hand, are likely to do both. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Birmingham City are not a big club, when we played them in 96 we were arguably the bigger club. I'd strongly argue Forest are a bigger club and look how pitiful the gate there was. 

I don't think Birmingham will rest many players. If we get a team outside the Top 7 in the PL we want one who is going to rest players to give us the best chance of winning, and/or one where the gate will be 30,000+. Birmingham will do neither. 

Newcastle, West Ham and Leeds on the other hand, are likely to do both. 

You can't compare the potential attendance at Brum to what we took to Nottm. We'd played Nottm in the league 3 times before that match. Brum would be a new ground for lots of fans.

Woking or Barnet would do me. Another winnable game in round 4, then one of the big boys at home with TV money, or away for the attendance. Arsenal I think is the one which pays the most, but any of them away would reduce their entry prices. We could well make over £1m from a really good cup run.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

You can't compare the potential attendance at Brum to what we took to Nottm. We'd played Nottm in the league 3 times before that match. Brum would be a new ground for lots of fans.

59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And we took loads to Forest...

We did, but there were only 8,000 Forest fans there in a total attendance of 11,293. New ground or not when you are only going to get 15% of the tickets you want as many as possible in the other 85%. Neither Birmingham nor Forest are going to to have a big home gate. Whilst every little helps there are much bigger clubs who will have 20,000+ in their sections.

Last season the gate for Birmingham’s home 3rd round game was 7,623. Whilst we would get 4800 tickets (or thereabouts), it still doesn’t give a big gate even if all those were home supporters, which they weren’t.

Which was the point I was making otherwise I wouldn’t have used the word gate, I’d have said tickets, or fans.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Arsenal I think is the one which pays the most, but any of them away would reduce their entry prices. We could well make over £1m from a really good cup run.

If we drew a big team away we have to agree to any ticket price reduction it isn't solely the decision of the home team, as the away team we are well within our rights to make them charge the normal full price for the game which is what most teams drawn away to the likes of Manure and Arsenal do, it means we will have to pay about £40 but thats a decent price to pay when your on about 40% of 70,000 tickets.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If we drew a big team away we have to agree to any ticket price reduction it isn't solely the decision of the home team, as the away team we are well within our rights to make them charge the normal full price for the game which is what most teams drawn away to the likes of Manure and Arsenal do, it means we will have to pay about £40 but thats a decent price to pay when your on about 40% of 70,000 tickets.

I doubt whether we would get a crowd of 70,000 anywhere. Spurs don't often get that for a PL game at Wembley, partly due to restrictions from Brent Council - no idea whether they would apply for an FA Cup game but can't see them getting a crowd like that anyway. United the only option for those sort of numbers I'd think. 

Edited by Dave_Og

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Emirates holds 60k and it wouldn’t be full at £40 aswell as reducing our numbers by about 1500

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I doubt whether we would get a crowd of 70,000 anywhere. Spurs don't often get that for a PL game at Wembley, partly due to restrictions from Brent Council - no idea whether they would apply for an FA Cup game but can't see them getting a crowd like that anyway. United the only option for those sort of numbers I'd think. 

Indeed, the attendance at Wembley for Spurs v Chelsea a week ago was a touch over 55,000.

When Tottenham played Wimbledon last year at Wembley, the attendance was 47,527. We might get more if the game is at White Hart Lane (as it will be one of the first times it is used), but I can’t see it being fully ready in time.

Arsenal and Man United offer the best return due to their policy of making ST holders buy cup tickets, even if they aren’t used (I think they can therefore set the price a bit more).

I’m still a firm believer that the best way to make money in the cup is to get as far as you can. So Woking at Home for me, please.

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Indeed, the attendance at Wembley for Spurs v Chelsea a week ago was a touch over 55,000.

When Tottenham played Wimbledon last year at Wembley, the attendance was 47,527. We might get more if the game is at White Hart Lane (as it will be one of the first times it is used), but I can’t see it being fully ready in time.

Arsenal and Man United offer the best return due to their policy of making ST holders buy cup tickets, even if they aren’t used (I think they can therefore set the price a bit more).

I’m still a firm believer that the best way to make money in the cup is to get as far as you can. So Woking at Home for me, please.

I go past the new Spurs ground twice a day on the train. There's no way that's ready next month 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fulham. 

Nice.

Could of been a lot worse. 

Money wise I mean, not chance of progression. 

Except they are very likely to make loads of changes. 

I think that is a very good tie, considering.