January Window Gossip/Rumours

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They may be contracted but that doesn't mean they can't move if they want. See it at every club across the land. If he wants a move he can just down tools Mahrez style and AL will let him go. He's playing every week. You've reached your conclusion because you have nothing but negative opinions on how the club is run. 

Lang said he was given the choice by Wigan and chose here. 

It does mean they can't move..... until their contract is up.

What was the alternative choice, stay at Wigwam and play in the ressies?

You're damn right I have negative opinions about how the club is run. It's run like a circus.

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It does mean they can't move..... until their contract is up.

What was the alternative choice, stay at Wigwam and play in the ressies?

You're damn right I have negative opinions about how the club is run. It's run like a circus.

Do you know Lang didn't have other offers? Sounded like he did on his interview

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Times like these we need the Trust to be asking searching questions.

I asked these questions at the Trust meeting in the summer and was told by the Trust Rep at the time that everything would be ok and Abdallah will learn from his mistakes, wouldn't be signing players without the managers permission and wouldn't be interfering with team selection. Six months on, and it is still happening...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Do you know Lang didn't have other offers? Sounded like he did on his interview

They would have taken Lang back at Morecambe in a heartbeat but I'm sure he wouldn't have been short of takers in this league 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Warburton at Stockport - anyone on this board seen him play?

Yeah last season. Didn't stand out - don't think he'd be up to L2 footy.

(awaits him signing for Peterborough, then onto somewhere else for £8m)

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Warburton at Stockport - anyone on this board seen him play?

Heard he is on decent wages at Stockport so if he wants to earn a decent crust he will stay with them, kneads must we have to stick with loan signings, unless we go against the grain of recent signings.

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

Heard he is on decent wages at Stockport so if he wants to earn a decent crust he will stay with them, kneads must we have to stick with loan signings, unless we go against the grain of recent signings.

We need some crumbs of comfort though.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

I asked these questions at the Trust meeting in the summer and was told by the Trust Rep at the time that everything would be ok and Abdallah will learn from his mistakes, wouldn't be signing players without the managers permission and wouldn't be interfering with team selection. Six months on, and it is still happening...

Come on let’s face it, the trust (at the moment) are s pointless organisation, too many of the board are more interested protecting the status of their position rather than making waves , I also went to the summer meeting which promised a bright new future of openness and honesty, which has turned out to be hollow words , and not one of them has had the balls to ask the difficult questions to Lemsagam!!! 

49 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Come on let’s face it, the trust (at the moment) are s pointless organisation, too many of the board are more interested protecting the status of their position rather than making waves , I also went to the summer meeting which promised a bright new future of openness and honesty, which has turned out to be hollow words , and not one of them has had the balls to ask the difficult questions to Lemsagam!!! 

You could always join the Trust board and ask the questions yourself.

Firstly what would be the he point when the organisation has an obvious, don’t rock the board at policy. 

Secondly, I’d need to get voted on to the board which clearly wouldn’t happen because it would mean one of the other board members giving up their coverted position!!! 

Just now, mad4it said:

Firstly what would be the he point when the organisation has an obvious, don’t rock the board at policy. 

Secondly, I’d need to get voted on to the board which clearly wouldn’t happen because it would mean one of the other board members giving up their coverted position!!! 

So, so wrong.

Then give me the proof, when Rhodes was sacked , the trust  couldn’t issue a statement because , the trust representative on the oafc board was on holiday and on that point when was the last statement from the trust issued (on any subject ). 

The meeting I went to promised more open , honest and transparent communication between the club and the fans ... that clearly hasn’t happened.

6 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Then give me the proof, when Rhodes was sacked , the trust  couldn’t issue a statement because , the trust representative on the oafc board was on holiday and on that point when was the last statement from the trust issued (on any subject ). 

The meeting I went to promised more open , honest and transparent communication between the club and the fans ... that clearly hasn’t happened.

I meant with regards to joining the board of the Trust.

The Trust can't promise that - they can't force AL to communicate more. They can recommend it but can't force it.