January Window Gossip/Rumours

15 minutes ago, astottie said:

Bet it's the trust's fault if one doesn't. I'm interested that some people seem to be carrying a torch for Surridge still and as yet he hasn't gone anywhere else on loan. 8 days to go, fingers crossed. 

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks “ 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

You can only give people enough rope and all.....like I said we are 12 months in of slowly, slowly....there is only so much slowly, slowly you can do before legal requirements should be met

Hi Underdog

First of all, I come in peace. 

Communication from The Trust does seem to have reduced over the last few months. 

Equally,  a number of your more recent posts suggest an air of , at best, frustration with AL? 

Putting two and two together maybe, but personally feels ike there is something going on, especially since following what appeared to be a better relationship with AL (than SC) little information is now forthcoming. 

Appreciate you may well be restricted in what you can say, but any comment you can make? 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Hi Underdog

First of all, I come in peace. 

Communication from The Trust does seem to have reduced over the last few months. 

Equally,  a number of your more recent posts suggest an air of , at best, frustration with AL? 

Putting two and two together maybe, but personally feels ike there is something going on, especially since following what appeared to be a better relationship with AL (than SC) little information is now forthcoming. 

Appreciate you may well be restricted in what you can say, but any comment you can make? 

Thanks 

You expect me to answer questions from a poster who is supports a team in the wrong shade of blue????hahah....side margins says team Man.City.

Hmmmmm......

I would say Trust communication is slightly better with the new owner than the previous one.

The new owner is almost 12 month to the day of his takeover, allowing a period of time to remove ex owner (that happened in May) and having historic stuff to deal with as well, we hoped by now key people at the club would be in situ, like a board and a CEO.

I am not a business person, but how long would you or should you give a new owner to bed in?

Anyways we have kidnapped this thread....its should be about January window/gossip....the gossip is from me is that I won't be playing on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

You expect me to answer questions from a poster who is supports a team in the wrong shade of blue????hahah....side margins says team Man.City.

Hmmmmm......

I would say Trust communication is slightly better with the new owner than the previous one.

The new owner is almost 12 month to the day of his takeover, allowing a period of time to remove ex owner (that happened in May) and having historic stuff to deal with as well, we hoped by now key people at the club would be in situ, like a board and a CEO.

I am not a business person, but how long would you or should you give a new owner to bed in?

Anyways we have kidnapped this thread....its should be about January window/gossip....the gossip is from me is that I won't be playing on Saturday.

I am now in second season as season ticket holder having attended probably half the games the year before.

Sick of overpaid Premier League nonsense, football fan first and foremost so decided to watch the team closest to where I now live. 

I would expect there to have been a structure in place a long time ago, irrespective of issues that needed resolving. I was very positive when AL took over and he has done some good if simple things (Joe Royle stand, painting, etc)  but amongst other things the high level of staff turnover does not fill me with confidence. I can explain away in my own mind perhaps some of it, but whilst I don’t know Simon Brook, him being around felt like a good thing, sacking him, not so much. 

No smoke without fire and there are too many warning signs to suggest all is well.

Yes, what goes on on the pitch is my main concern, but strikes me as chicken and egg in terms of the business side / on pitch performance. 

Thanks for the reply. 

41 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

I am now in second season as season ticket holder having attended probably half the games the year before.

Sick of overpaid Premier League nonsense, football fan first and foremost so decided to watch the team closest to where I now live. 

I would expect there to have been a structure in place a long time ago, irrespective of issues that needed resolving. I was very positive when AL took over and he has done some good if simple things (Joe Royle stand, painting, etc)  but amongst other things the high level of staff turnover does not fill me with confidence. I can explain away in my own mind perhaps some of it, but whilst I don’t know Simon Brook, him being around felt like a good thing, sacking him, not so much. 

No smoke without fire and there are too many warning signs to suggest all is well.

Yes, what goes on on the pitch is my main concern, but strikes me as chicken and egg in terms of the business side / on pitch performance. 

Thanks for the reply. 

you can get counselling for becoming a latics fan you know and welcome to the chosen few....scary bunch aren't we hahaha

We are vigilant as a trust, we have survived one owner previously and have learned to look for key markers and with good work done by Jorvik who posts on here, we are now members of Supporters direct. They have expertise and have worked with various clubs throughout the leagues and we can access support, legal advice from them at anytime.

So being ex city, do you have any contacts to get us a striker....at a pinch I'd take that sterling bloke although that run is a bit naf.

6 hours ago, underdog said:

Christ, not another knock. We are down to the bare bones as it is. Suck it up princess 😉

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Jamie Stott is back from Stockport, does this mean Edmundson is going?

That would be a huge downgrade on Edmondson. Granted I've only seen him once this season but he struggled against a forward whose hardly prolific in the National League North.

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Christ, not another knock. We are down to the bare bones as it is. Suck it up princess 😉

ohhh if needs must....I am of an age where walking football is more suitable...but at least I know how to pass to someone in the same colour shirt as me..hahah

Last time I pulled on shirt to play for a ladies team was in the 90's and I use to love playing away. (ooeerr)...Blackpool away was brill. Most memorable game for me? breaking my wrist in a 5-a-side i was in pegs and i saved a manure penalty.....yep in fact move over Iverson, I'm in.... although I am shrinking a bit so I might have to wear platform boots for height..hahah

4 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Was this whilst managerless? If so, encouraging we are in the market whilst it's all being sorted out.

Its not encouraging that we have been without a manager for a month at a critical time of the season and continue the policy of buying players without a manager's input.

6 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Was this whilst managerless? If so, encouraging we are in the market whilst it's all being sorted out.

Buyt if I was a club looking to loan out a promising youngster a club with no manager would be the first to be crossed off the list.  You'd want to know style of play, coaching regimes etc. wouldn't you?