January Window Gossip/Rumours

12 hours ago, rteoafc said:

Think Missilou has had more than three good games but, in any event, is the difference between them at this stage that since he’s found his feet Missilou has been performing consistently whereas Maouche has been less so? Not that I’m actually being critical of Maouche because I think he’s played well in a good few games.

Have to disagree. Maouche been mega for weeks for me.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Really??? He's done okay at times but I'm struggling to pick out the occasions he's been excellent. 

I suspect if you asked Scholes who our best (most technical) players are right now he’d pick Maouche and Nepo. I think they will be first names on the team sheet for him. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

I suspect if you asked Scholes who our best (most technical) players are right now he’d pick Maouche and Nepo. I think they will be first names on the team sheet for him. 

Agree, he's certainly a good appointment for those two. You could probably add Branger to that list too although some of our fans don't rate him yet.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes. Mega maybe going too far, but he stands out massively for me.

Technically head and shoulders. His frustration at other players not being on the end of what he tries is all too evident. He’d look even better in a better team. It’s obvious to me. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Technically head and shoulders. His frustration at other players not being on the end of what he tries is all to evident. He’d look even better in a better team. It’s obvious to me. 

Have to agree. Gifted players need good switched on players around them, Maouche and Baxter esp.

They see things poor plays don't and this can make it appear they have misplaced a pass etc.

Have to hope that the manager situation is sorted in a day or two.

If it is Scholes that would massively improve our chances of loaning high quality young players similar to Lang and Surridge.

This in turn would lead to less reliance on the foreign also rans. 

Not necessarily MB and if a player wants out I can’t really see any advantage in keeping them. If a couple of decent fees are generated it might give the new manager a chance to bring one or two of his own  players in to the club.

Edited by oafc1955

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't think he will be going as high as the Championship...

Id think a Championship club would take a punt on a 21 yr old  who has aprox 60 games [us and Fylde] behind him, they could develop him further and make a tidy sum on him a bit like the Tarky deal..

I can see him having a good career at a decent level, you can see how much he has improved with Clarke next to him..