January Window Gossip/Rumours

8 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Ah man. Footballers do my head in. 

Edmundson signs a new 2.5 year contract in August - presumably getting a pay rise. Wants to leave 5 months later. 

Fuck him. Don't sign a contract if you don't want to stay. 

You do realise his value goes up with a new contract don't you? If he was still on his old contract we'd be lucky to get washers for him (as he could leave for a nominal fee in the summer). His new contract runs out before he turns 23 too. 

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Lincoln want Hunt. Fleetwood want Edmundson. Both players want to leave...

Both good players, would be more disappointed about Edmundson going as we are short at centre back.

Really don't know what our plans are when it comes to recruitment, but I'm guessing that a couple of six-figure sums would be a significant help to them.  Not sure that we will be too bothered about developing our younger players and selling them on while AL is in charge.

It is a bit sad that we are the selling club in transfers with Lincoln and Fleetwood, but it says a lot about how well they are both ran.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Lincoln want Hunt. Fleetwood want Edmundson. Both players want to leave...

Lincoln have signed Cian Bolger the centre back from Fleetwood, Fleetwood would be the more likely now to go for Edmundson as they will need cover for Morgan and Eastham..

on a different note, Joey Barton stated Kyle Dempsey wasnt good enough for Fleetwood and he couldnt get into the team so he has sent him out on loan to Peterbrough to get game time, a club in the play offs in the same league..

A forward thinking chairman/owner would be loathed to part with George unless the fee was 300k min plus very generous sell on clauses.

Maybe the club can't afford to turn down any amount of money if they are struggling to pay the bills.

On the face of it the Doncaster game may decide the future of a couple of players.Win and there is a very real chance of a bumper pay day in the next round,Lose and it's sell the family silver. 

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

A forward thinking chairman/owner would be loathed to part with George unless the fee was 300k min plus very generous sell on clauses.

Maybe the club can't afford to turn down any amount of money if they are struggling to pay the bills.

On the face of it the Doncaster game may decide the future of a couple of players.Win and there is a very real chance of a bumper pay day in the next round,Lose and it's sell the family silver. 

Minor irrelevant point....probably not worth mentioning but maybe Scholes insists on no players being sold without his say so.

Edited by mikejh45

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

And here's me thinking the idea of a new owner was not to sell the family silver ever again.

19 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Ah man. Footballers do my head in. 

Edmundson signs a new 2.5 year contract in August - presumably getting a pay rise. Wants to leave 5 months later. 

Fuck him. Don't sign a contract if you don't want to stay. 

....maybe he wants to go because of the Lemsagam sponsored circus that surrounds him....?

54 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....maybe he wants to go because of the Lemsagam sponsored circus that surrounds him....?

Can't believe anyone would want to play for him. You imagine people like Lang who have a get out with only being here for 6 months will bin it right off and never return...

Oh wait...

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't believe anyone would want to play for him. You imagine people like Lang who have a get out with only being here for 6 months will bin it right off and never return...

Oh wait...

.....or maybe Lang thinks, I'm starting every week, gaining experience, it's only down the road from Wigwam..... and I've only got to put up with the nonsense until May and then I can come back to the Pie eaters and we talk about my destination for next season's loan, if the Plastics manager won't pick me. It's the poor fookers like Edmundson, Hunt at el that I pity..... they're contracted full time to that circus and that bell end.....

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....or maybe Lang thinks, I'm starting every week, gaining experience, it's only down the road from Wigwam..... and I've only got to put up with the nonsense until May and then I can come back to the Pie eaters and we talk about my destination for next season's loan, if the Plastics manager won't pick me. It's the poor fookers like Edmundson, Hunt at el that I pity..... they're contracted full time to that circus and that bell end.....

They may be contracted but that doesn't mean they can't move if they want. See it at every club across the land. If he wants a move he can just down tools Mahrez style and AL will let him go. He's playing every week. You've reached your conclusion because you have nothing but negative opinions on how the club is run. 

Lang said he was given the choice by Wigan and chose here.