Paul Scholes: Is Man Utd legend making an early impact at Oldham?

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

More national media attention for Latics.
Strange days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47268290

On the BBC's football page today I saw
"Scholes' Oldham take on Crewe"

How long will the media attention last, I wonder?

Mark Chapman commented on 5live today that everyone says Frank Lampard's Derby and it'll be the same now for Paul Scholes' Oldham. I think it might go on a while.

12 hours ago, another fan said:

I wont mind if the performances and results go our way

Oh I very much welcome it but every manager and his team will want to stuff Latics now, especially those of a scouse nature 🤣

As luck would have it.............the Shrimps boss is a loveable Blue :laught30:

Edited by OLDHAMADE
Missing word lol

13 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

That's been wrote for writing's sake. Won't bother, ta.

That is what I thought. It is a 'nothing' article, as if the media feel obliged to include Latics in their wonderful world of football news, now the club has a high-profile manager at the helm. Success or failure will bring more media attention. Mediocrity will probably see a media anathema. 

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

That is what I thought. It is a 'nothing' article, as if the media feel obliged to include Latics in their wonderful world of football news, now the club has a high-profile manager at the helm. Success or failure will bring more media attention. Mediocrity will probably see a media anathema. 

Mediocrity is failure now.

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I did actually work with a bloke called Hugh Dick some years ago.  He was at a black tie dinner and whoever did the table plan sat him next to someone called Juliet Blows

I worked with a guy called Wayne Kerr , his dad was called joe and his was called Anne .

7 minutes ago, mad4it said:

I worked with a guy called Wayne Kerr , his dad was called joe and his was called Anne .

Same one that played for Roughyeds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Kerr

Or better still the editor of the Huddersfield Examiner?

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/manchester-evening-news-wayne-ankers-appointed-editor-of-huddersfield-examiner/

9 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Wasn't there a reporter on the Rochdale Observer called Wayne Ankers

Will be the same one as D og has just posted above

Edited by disjointed

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, yarddog73 said:

In response to the original question I'd say yes, he's most certainly made an impact on the attendances which have been up at least 500 and maybe as many as a 1000 home fans for the last two home games. 

No doubt he’s made an impact regarding attendances but I’m beginning to think a much bigger impact would have been apparent had Wild continued until the end of the season and Scholes announced in May where his name alone would have created maximum interest.

After the 4-1 opener the Scholes effect has not continued as we would have hoped, mainly because of a lack of quality players in key positions.

The season is ending on a low note and not in a way that will interest our lapsed fans and potential new ST holders to come on board next season.

If we are to encourage a dormant fan base to get off their arses and come back then we really need a statement of intent from AL regarding a new pitch, player recruitment,and his vision for next season and beyond!!

Renewals and early bird prices will have lapsed before this season is over and it’s during this period that we need to show the fans that we’re going to have a real go at a promotion campaign.

Come on AL, OPEN YER GOB!!!!!😡😡

Edited by oafc1955