Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The morons who don't like democracy unless they win are already out in force in London. What is wrong with people

Notice throughout all of this, it's been Labour activists doing all the complaining and spilling out onto the streets, same with their precious unions run by people like McCluskey, striking, causing as much disruption as possible.

Why would any normal law abiding citizen want to vote for that in our country? So glad these chumps won't be getting their way now they've been taken out

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The morons who don't like democracy unless they win are already out in force in London. What is wrong with people

Perhaps people should just sit back and let the new government walk all over them. 

History tells us we should challenge wrong. 

The most ironic thing is that if Corbyn the most eurosceptic member of parliament decided  to sit on the fence. If he stopped playing party politics and grew a pair. The outcome could have been so different. As they say the rest is history. Cameron's risk has pretty much been a master stroke, the conservatives are continuing in power.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps people should just sit back and let the new government walk all over them. 

History tells us we should challenge wrong. 

More people should have voted Labour then. That's how democracy works. The majority wanted Tories in. Not sure what is wrong that they're protesting as it's been less than 24 hours since the result

I have always traditionally been a Labour supporter. That stopped abruptly when Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell formed their Marxist double act. If any sane person just took an hour or so to research these 2, they would understand why it was such a good day for our country on Thursday.

I`m no Boris fan at all, and indeed it's the first time I`ve ever voted Conservative, but thank the gods that people voted how they did.

Labour will never get my vote again until I am convinced the exceedingly dangerous far left have been banished forever.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Damian_Thorn said:

... and sell the NHS to Americans. I've voted Labour more as a vote against Boris Trump 

If anyone cares to look at the facts, rather than listening to the oft pedalled scaremongering that Labour (and others) wheel out every time there's an election, they will see that this is simply not true. Since the NHS was formed in 1948, the country has had a Conservative led government for 62% of that time. That's almost two thirds of the time since the NHS was formed.

Labour's mantra, almost from day one, has been that the tories will sell it off  - and it's never happened! It's a bit like the "the end is nigh" religious types who used to stand outside Latics with their billboards for years. After 30 odd years of the world not ending, everyone stopped taking any notice and they disappeared (or the billboarders themselves died first!).

The NHS is no longer fit for purpose, it's a 1940s service unable to cope in the modern day and will fail no matter how much money is thrown at it, by any government.

The time is coming when this can no longer remain a totally free service, like dentistry and optical, you will have to stump up.

Either tax every working person a quid a week to raise the money or just let folk pay an insurance based amount either, weekly, monthly or yearly, like you do for your car or road tax.

Go abroad, anywhere and you need to get your wallet out before they'll even acknowledge you as a patient 😏

Hearing all this constant moaning from some, about how this FREE service is being run and how poor it is, shows the level of entitlement people of this day and age expect.

Amidst all the Corbyn bashing, Johnsons avoidance of genuine scrutiny has proved to be somehow all at once,  staggeringly cynical, embarrassingly gutless and depressingly effective.

Yesterday the City reveled in the result whilst it was announced that not one single major A&E department in the country met its waiting times target. Sums up the Tory effect pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Amidst all the Corbyn bashing, Johnsons avoidance of genuine scrutiny has proved to be somehow all at once,  staggeringly cynical, embarrassingly gutless and depressingly effective.

Yesterday the City reveled in the result whilst it was announced that not one single major A&E department in the country met its waiting times target. Sums up the Tory effect pretty well. 

The city is what funds your pension if you've bothered to get one and trying to demonise the wealth creators of this country, who employ the many, not the few

Is where Labour fell foul.

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The city is what funds your pension if you've bothered to get one and trying to demonise the wealth creators of this country, who employ the many, not the few

Is where Labour fell foul.

You mean the bankers who unanimously want us to remain part of the EU to get access to the worlds richest trading block?

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

OM.....Since when has it ever been a free service? We all pay via NI contributions which incidentally I have been paying for almost 50 years!!

Here's another argument that needs addressing, NI contributions are in the main for another wonderful service that's been taken advantage of, Social security as it was once named.

This was designed for workers, that found themselves out of employment through no fault of their own, in order to support them for a stated period, until they returned to full employment.

It wasn't designed to live on for the rest of your days, 3 and 4 generations of shirkers draining the pot, whilst hard working folk on shite money turn out in all weathers to support em, I know because I had 40 years of it!

As someone who has had three operations resulting in about a month in hospital during my lifetime I thank God for the NHS and it's overworked staff.

My mother was treated as a result of a heart attack and my dad died in Royal Oldham of cancer so my life and my family's have been greatly affected by the prompt interventions of our health service.

Had we had to pay for any of these treatments I'd still be working to pay off the bills instead of retiring seven years ago. 

I repeat thank God for the NHS !

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You mean the bankers who unanimously want us to remain part of the EU to get access to the worlds richest trading block?

I voted out mate but I'm old enough to remember how we got dragged into this mess in the first place, we do right in leaving and telling those who have very short memories of what the fighting men of this country did for them and how our nation's money was given up freely, to rebuild what was left.

16 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I voted out mate but I'm old enough to remember how we got dragged into this mess in the first place, we do right in leaving and telling those who have very short memories of what the fighting men of this country did for them and how our nation's money was given up freely, to rebuild what was left.

But your point was that those in the city are the ones creating the wealth in the country (a point I agree with) They want access to the single market to create that wealth don't you think we should be letting them do that?

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm still trying to work out how we got to all this in a thread about Scholes. Was he a) standing as an MP or b) editor of a newspaper?

Answers on the back of a 2nd class stamp.

Scholes is history and totally irrelevant, move on!

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

But your point was that those in the city are the ones creating the wealth in the country (a point I agree with) They want access to the single market to create that wealth don't you think we should be letting them do that?

No matter what happens, London will still be a major player and Europe might unfold before our eyes, much sooner than you think.

Us leaving is equivalent to 19 smaller countries all leaving at the same time, the E.U know the score, no matter what they band around.

42 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

No matter what happens, London will still be a major player and Europe might unfold before our eyes, much sooner than you think.

Us leaving is equivalent to 19 smaller countries all leaving at the same time, the E.U know the score, no matter what they band around.

So you are admitting that leaving the EU poses a risk to the city of Londons ability to make money for the country ok fine.

Well 3.5 years later not one of the other 27 EU nations has followed our lead on having a referendum on their EU status does that not say something? Whereas in the UK Scotland overwhelming voted to back the SNP and our own agreement draws a border down the Irish sea moving NI closer to the republic and the EU. Think we should be looking abit closer to home before we look at unions breaking up.

Anyway back to more imminent matters we appear to be holding on to a draw against Swindon Id happily take that.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you are admitting that leaving the EU poses a risk to the city of Londons ability to make money for the country ok fine.

Well 3.5 years later not one of the other 27 EU nations has followed our lead on having a referendum on their EU status does that not say something? Whereas in the UK Scotland overwhelming voted to back the SNP and our own agreement draws a border down the Irish sea moving NI closer to the republic and the EU. Think we should be looking abit closer to home before we look at unions breaking up.

Anyway back to more imminent matters we appear to be holding on to a draw against Swindon Id happily take that.

The E.U has changed beyond recognition, it's now being run by 2 countries

One we saved and the other we defeated, neither should be allowed to be in control of the other 26 nations.

On Scotland, can we also have a vote? going to be a real shocker when they leave both the European union and the united kingdom, we'll ofcourse have to slam up a solid border to keep out, all the kilted marauders sick of surviving on oatcakes and whisky 

Archived