Scholes gone

16 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The E.U has changed beyond recognition, it's now being run by 2 countries

One we saved and the other we defeated, neither should be allowed to be in control of the other 26 nations.

On Scotland, can we also have a vote? going to be a real shocker when they leave both the European union and the united kingdom, we'll ofcourse have to slam up a solid border to keep out, all the kilted marauders sick of surviving on oatcakes and whisky 

Not sure you had any credibility before this post. You certainly don't now. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The E.U has changed beyond recognition, it's now being run by 2 countries

One we saved and the other we defeated, neither should be allowed to be in control of the other 26 nations.

On Scotland, can we also have a vote? going to be a real shocker when they leave both the European union and the united kingdom, we'll ofcourse have to slam up a solid border to keep out, all the kilted marauders sick of surviving on oatcakes and whisky 

FB_IMG_1576350956321.jpg

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Including:

"But Oldham have won a case for breach of contract, with an arbitrator ruling Scholes did have complete control over team selection during his time as manager at Boundary Park."

4 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Including:

"But Oldham have won a case for breach of contract, with an arbitrator ruling Scholes did have complete control over team selection during his time as manager at Boundary Park."

wont be the first time a court has got something wrong - guess it’s a hard one to prove really. Scholes said he interfered AL says he didn’t - I know which one I’m inclined to believe based on every other ex manager and player saying the same.

good win for AL though - got some pennies towards his stadium bid now 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

wont be the first time a court has got something wrong - guess it’s a hard one to prove really. Scholes said he interfered AL says he didn’t - I know which one I’m inclined to believe based on every other ex manager and player saying the same.

" . . a significant five figure sum."

The court has made its decision so that's that. But wasn't one of the reasons given by the Daily Mail that they had already agreed to sign Iacovitti on a 2 year deal. Then, lo and behold, he signed a 2 year deal that summer after an ordinary (at best) loan spell. Probably just a coincidence though.

Scholes is having an absolutely torrid time at the moment ain't he...?

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Might be worth considering who had the burden of proof.  If Scholes had to prove interference but couldn't, or if AL had to prove no interference and could?

He did pick the team in question though.

So we have some funds then after legal costs....was it Brandsmiths, would be nice if they would consider waivering their fee and investing in the club

So, just for fun what would be on the five figure fans wish list?

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The court has made its decision so that's that. But wasn't one of the reasons given by the Daily Mail that they had already agreed to sign Iacovitti on a 2 year deal. Then, lo and behold, he signed a 2 year deal that summer after an ordinary (at best) loan spell. Probably just a coincidence though.

Scholes is having an absolutely torrid time at the moment ain't 

Most new managers inherit players, they have to make the best of it.

Happens in workplaces too.

In these days where agents call the tune I'd say very few managers get to bring in players they want.

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He did pick the team in question though.

On his interview on BT Sports, he didn't say the owner picked the team but gave subtle hints who to play.  He said the last match he was in charge he was told he wasn't allowed to play a particular player.  

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It's an arbitrator rather than a court.  Very different process.

Archived