Scholes gone

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's an arbitrator rather than a court.  Very different process.

Basic premise should be the same though...........listen to both sides and decide who to believe.

Can't see why Scholes would bother with the process to be honest unless he wanted to take money off the owner. 

Just walk away and put it down to experience. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Basic premise should be the same though...........listen to both sides and decide who to believe.

Can't see why Scholes would bother with the process to be honest unless he wanted to take money off the owne. 

Just walk away and put it down to experience. 

sounds like he wasn't the initiator

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

On his interview on BT Sports, he didn't say the owner picked the team but gave subtle hints who to play.  He said the last match he was in charge he was told he wasn't allowed to play a particular player.  

We all give hints on who to play, but managers wouldn't change a team because of it.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We all give hints on who to play, but managers wouldn't change a team because of it.

There is a difference when it's your boss who is doing it. Especially when AL had promised Scholes that he would have full control.

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

On his interview on BT Sports, he didn't say the owner picked the team but gave subtle hints who to play.  He said the last match he was in charge he was told he wasn't allowed to play a particular player.  

True, but he played that player (Clarke) and there were no repercussions. QED no interference.

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't Pete Clarke say in his Q&A with the Trust (still available online) that Mr President came to see him when PS walked and asked him to take the job on and not play? Probably just a coincidence...

I thought that was after Frank Bunn left?

11 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

True, but he played that player (Clarke) and there were no repercussions. QED no interference.

It's definitively interference if that's what happened.  What manager wants to  be put in a position where they have to directly ignore their boss?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's definitively interference if that's what happened.  What manager wants to  be put in a position where they have to directly ignore their boss?

In my experience (not in football) happens often - if the boss accepts it as he appears to have done, then Scholes seems  to have no case.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The repercussion was that he resigned shortly after Ducko.

Exactly, but you completely missed the point, and not for the first time. The  repercussion came from Scholes not Lemsagem.

12 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

In my experience (not in football) happens often - if the boss accepts it as he appears to have done, then Scholes seems  to have no case.

Exactly, but you completely missed the point, and not for the first time. The  repercussion came from Scholes not Lemsagem.

Well I mean I suppose one of the Lemsagams could have gone and tried to change the team sheet but I'm not sure they would have been successful...

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Was it opinion given or interference though?

34 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Scholes probably didn't have a case but just thought AL was a lying cunt so thought fuck it I outta here

35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Scoles should have asked Clark to be a witness, if as Clark says he wasn't left to his own devices.

I get the impression Scholes doesn’t really give a toss - it was AL who brought the case.  “A significant 5 figure sum” is a piss in the ocean to someone like Scholes and if one of the “in the know” accounts on Twitter are correct Scholes is saying AL shouldn’t be budgeting with it as it will be some time before he sees a penny.

be nice for him to be the one chasing payments for once 

Al vindicated, OWTB miscarriage of justice.

Said it before and I'll say it again, every chairman that's ever been in football will leave the manager/head coach in no doubt who he doesn't rate, does rate in meetings. Is this pressure?. Also it seems accepted when it suits that (x) player didn't start another game because it would have triggered a new contract. I guess it depends who's talking or who the the player is.

We've all seen some shite wrote down the years guessing what's really going on...and yes I'll have been guilty of it to.

17 minutes ago, Lags said:

Al vindicated, OWTB miscarriage of justice.

Said it before and I'll say it again, every chairman that's ever been in football will leave the manager/head coach in no doubt who he doesn't rate, does rate in meetings. Is this pressure?. Also it seems accepted when it suits that (x) player didn't start another game because it would have triggered a new contract. I guess it depends who's talking or who the the player is.

We've all seen some shite wrote down the years guessing what's really going on...and yes I'll have been guilty of it to.

It's funny because with all of Corney's faults, I don't think he was ever accused of tampering  

Archived