Trust Letter to AL

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Most?  Zero chance. Not until it’s over. I suspect you’ll even come up against hostility to any action whilst we try to sneak the playoffs. 

Thanks for the edit. That answers my q’s. 

Trust meet on Monday and there will be much debate about this

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Most?  Zero chance. Not until it’s over. I suspect you’ll even come up against hostility to any action whilst we try to sneak the playoffs. 

It depends what the supporting evidence is.... let’s says ol Marco hasn’t paid the Tax man.... hasn’t even settled the debenture with the scouse loan sharks that Corney took out.... the list of creditors is now longer than the point at which he took over.... the club are weeks away from being liquidated if he remains. Would you say, hang on, let me see if we beat Swindon first?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It depends what the supporting evidence is.... let’s says ol Marco hasn’t paid the Tax man.... hasn’t even settled the debenture with the scouse loan sharks that Corney took out.... the list of creditors is now longer than the point at which he took over.... the club are weeks away from being liquidated if he remains. Would you say, hang on, let me see if we beat Swindon first?

Yes

It is still possible to protest against the owner while backing the team and Manager.

Aslong as no protest occurs during the 90 minutes and we use that time to get behind that the team I have no problem with it.

That said if we hear no further problems then perhaps we should offer to meet him at the end of the season?

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Yes

Let’s be clear that our current approach of  making the owner feel our presence and and winning on the pitch are not mutually exclusive. 

Vocal match day protest may destabilise on the pitch output but our current approach need not.

i can’t condone turning a blind eye just because we are performing on the pitch right now. Any campaign will never gain momentum if we take that approach. We have to stick to our guns whilst approaching this in a responsible manner.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It is still possible to protest against the owner while backing the team and Manager.

Aslong as no protest occurs during the 90 minutes and we use that time to get behind that the team I have no problem with it.

That said if we hear no further problems then perhaps we should offer to meet him at the end of the season?

He's not changing so for me you are either bothered now or you are not ever bothered.

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Let’s be clear that our current approach of  making the owner feel our presence and and winning on the pitch are not mutually exclusive. 

Vocal match day protest may destabilise on the pitch output but our current approach need not.

i can’t condone turning a blind eye just because we are performing on the pitch right now. Any campaign will never gain momentum if we take that approach. We have to stick to our guns whilst approaching this in a responsible manner.

Yes. Agreed. But timing is everything. If we lose our next two you can use that to your advantage (assuming no response from AL). Win the next two and you will be pissing in the wind. That’s people for you. 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's not changing so for me you are either bothered now or you are not ever bothered.

Oh I'm still very much pissed with him.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. Agreed. But timing is everything. If we lose our next two you can use that to your advantage (assuming no response from AL). Win the next two and you will be pissing in the wind. That’s people for you. 

This is very true.

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’m not saying hang on. I’m saying zero protests at matches. It’s not appropriate at the business end whilst we are still involved. Can be as aggressive and challenging as they feel necessary behind the scenes. 

Let’s flip it.  Would you be behind a disruptive stadium protest at our last two home games should we still be in the hunt for promotion?  

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh I'm still very much pissed with him.

This is very true.

They can win every game from now for me, I wouldn't give a monkeys until Lemmy goes, don't quite get the mindset of those who carry on regardless but each to their own.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They can win every game from now for me, I wouldn't give a monkeys until Lemmy goes, don't quite get the mindset of those who carry on regardless but each to their own.

And I don’t get your mindset. The owner and the club aren’t forever attached. I support the team always and always care about the result. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I bet if we got to the plays off final over 20,000 would turn up, protests or not.

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It’s always always only been about winning for me. It’s only in this modern social media day that people have been obsessed with behind the scenes etc. I reckon the kind of shit we hear about now has always gone on, just not as publicised. If we keep winning in the long run you can forget about protests and unrest. People will be happy. 

FWIW I think it’s too late for this season. The fact that it’s not mathematically impossible actually gives me more hope for next season though. And also highlights what a poor job Bunn actually did IMO.We should have been comfortably in the playoff spots minimum I’d say. It is criminal that we aren’t going up first time for me. This league is hundreds of times worse than I could ever have imagined. Hopefully AL can see it wouldn’t take much of a push to get out next season and finds the means to do so. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s always always only been about winning for me. It’s only in this modern social media day that people have been obsessed with behind the scenes etc. I reckon the kind of shit we hear about now has always gone on, just not as publicised. If we keep winning in the long run you can forget about protests and unrest. People will be happy. 

FWIW I think it’s too late for this season. The fact that it’s not mathematically impossible actually gives me more hope for next season though. And also highlights what a poor job Bunn actually did IMO.We should have been comfortably in the playoff spots minimum I’d say. It is criminal that we aren’t going up first time for me. This league is hundreds of times worse than I could ever have imagined. Hopefully AL can see it wouldn’t take much of a push to get out next season and finds the means to do so. 

Everyone is different but for me if it were only about winning then I wouldn't be supporting Oldham!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m not saying hang on. I’m saying zero protests at matches. It’s not appropriate at the business end whilst we are still involved. Can be as aggressive and challenging as they feel necessary behind the scenes. 

Let’s flip it.  Would you be behind a disruptive stadium protest at our last two home games should we still be in the hunt for promotion?  

Ideally not.... but if that were to be our last two games ever.... then yeah.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s about the hope of winning though isn’t it ? I know what you mean but success has got to be the ultimate goal or there’s no point. 

Yes it’s ultimately about winning.

but the teams that win (ie achieve something) are almost always those that are well run and have a stable and sustainable existence. If follows that we have to focus on that. 

If this club achieved that existence the prospects of winning would increase significantly.

That we haven’t achieved anything for 28 years is, to a very significant degree, down to how this business has been run by its various owners.

its no good saying that you only car about winning. How about focusing on the conditions (largely off the pitch) which are conducive to that 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Yes it’s ultimately about winning.

but the teams that win (ie achieve something) are almost always those that are well run and have a stable and sustainable existence. If follows that we have to focus on that. 

If this club achieved that existence the prospects of winning would increase significantly.

That we haven’t achieved anything for 28 years is, to a very significant degree, down to how this business has been run by its various owners.

its no good saying that you only car about winning. How about focusing on the conditions (largely off the pitch) which are conducive to that 

Hmmm. Not sure that stands scrutiny. 

I think most (not all) clubs that have been successful have just had tons of money thrown at them.  That’s not the same as being run well. Bournemouth is a very good example. Bolton is another. There are lots of others.  Even ones run well have usually spent big due to a significant backer. 

Dont misunderstand me though. I’d prefer us to be run well. Just that wont mean success though. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Hmmm. Not sure that stands scrutiny. 

I think most (not all) clubs that have been successful have just had tons of money thrown at them.  That’s not the same as being run well. Bournemouth is a very good example. Bolton is another. There are lots of others.  Even ones run well have usually spent big due to a significant backer. 

I did not say being run well results in or assures success.

but, I can assure you that the chances of achieving success, in lieu of a well heeled backer, are dramatically increased if this club were is run responsibly and sustainably and in a positive manner.

Oafc is toxic. Has been for years. We had the makings of a good side and good manager in Johnson. He saw sense. Ditto scholes (whether he had the makings of a good manager I don’t know). 

the off pitch environment is a major hindrrence to achieving anything. That’s not just down to the current owner. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I did not say being run well results in or assures success.

but, I can assure you that the chances of achieving success, in lieu of a well heeled backer, are dramatically increased if this club were is run responsibly and sustainably and in a positive manner.

Oafc is toxic. Has been for years. We had the makings of a good side and good manager in Johnson. He saw sense. Ditto scholes (whether he had the makings of a good manager I don’t know). 

the off pitch environment is a major hindrrence to achieving anything. That’s not just down to the current owner. 

Dont disagree. But money matters far more. Not good to hear, but it’s just a sad fact I’m afraid. A club can appear well run when money is thrown at it when in reality it just isn’t. 

(Oh... and no... Scholes wouldn’t have 😁)

Lets hope we we can have both.  But if pushed, I’d take a big money owner over a perfectly run club at the moment. Unfortunately we appear to have neither. 

Edited by kowenicki