Trust Letter to AL

Just now, wiseowl said:

Andy - you are doing exactly what I did when arranging the meeting with the previous regime i.e. being sincere and honest, with no hidden agenda. I was very naive too (I`ve never had a facebook or twatter account - just not interested) with regard to social media.

My best advice? Stay relatively quiet on here - just factually report when you have something to report - otherwise it will send you stir crazy and take over your life trying to be reasonable when other people aren't (either because of mischief, malice or otherwise).

All the best - and I`ll certainly not mither you henceforth.

Ha ha.

Many on here talk sense. Backing is reassuring. 

There are always some more challenging characters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you don't see an issue in the trust making demands and setting timeframes with zero plan or idea what they'll do if those aren't met?

Your relentless. 

Do you never see the person behind the role?? Ie job/kids/mrs all whilst still trying to answer your incessant questions. 

He offered to go for a beer with you to discuss things with you. I assume by the volume of your questions and concern, you did go to meet him??? 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Your relentless. 

Do you never see the person behind the role?? Ie job/kids/mrs all whilst still trying to answer your incessant questions. 

He offered to go for a beer with you to discuss things with you. I assume by the volume of your questions and concern, you did go to meet him??? 

He offered. I accepted. He said he'd message me. He never did. Still waiting.

I understand people have other commitments. 

I don't think one trust director informing the others that a major letter had been received is too much to ask regardless of busy lives.

Also don't think it's much to ask that while deciding what to demand in a letter they worked out a plan for if demands not met.

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't think one trust director informing the others that a major letter had been received is too much to ask regardless of busy lives.

Also don't think it's much to ask that while deciding what to demand in a letter they worked out a plan for if demands not met.

I don’t think you get there not paid. . .

I would imagine your questions come about 17th on their daily to do list. Maybe sometimes they can answer, maybe sometimes they can’t. That’s life. 

The level of detail you require (whilst not unreasonable) does need somebody to be on top of things all the time. Not for an hour in the evening when they finally get chance to sit down. 

So yes, is it to much ask that they will always know even relativity simple things, because they just haven’t had the time to check/speak to somebody. 

Worth remembering IMO. 

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Personal message sent by me to McFluff on 28th March.

no response and not read.

thanks 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Andy b said:

Personal message sent by me to McFluff on 28th March.

no response and not read.

thanks 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fake news. Last message in February from Bunty Blue. I'd check who you've messaged

By the tone I’m guessing it would be quite an awkward meet.  Knock it on the head fellas 🤭

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’d find it strange to meet a complete stranger (unless they got boobies tbh) for a drink and a chat. Am I alone in this thinking ?

Not really but I'm not a bad looking lad and I don't judge 😂 more than happy to have a conversation with someone I disagree with and explain why in a civil manner

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’d find it strange to meet a complete stranger (unless they got boobies tbh) for a drink and a chat. Am I alone in this thinking ?

Not at all its 2019 some people swing that way no problem with it myself :biker:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Am sat on the trust board and am trying to engage our fans in a positive way. It’s good to do that face to face sometimes. We are not an anonymous bunch of random people with nothing in common. We are few. 

This guy/girl wants to knock the trust at every turn because of the kicks he gets out of it without offering any suggested ways of addressing the issues he has.

i suspect that says a lot about his outlook on and approach to life. 

He is seeking to damage the organisation i

act for and which is trying to do good things for the club we all claim to love.

i’d like to talk it through. Suspect it won’t happen though. 

Naive? Probably. 

as it happens my message was sent to mcfluff (a registered user of this site - don’t ask me why) rather than McFluff. 

Lets try and again. Will message you McFluff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Am sat on the trust board and am trying to engage our fans in a positive way. It’s good to do that face to face sometimes. We are not an anonymous bunch of random people with nothing in common. We are few. 

This guy/girl wants to knock the trust at every turn because of the kicks he gets out of it without offering any suggested ways of addressing the issues he has.

i suspect that says a lot about his outlook on and approach to life. 

He is seeking to damage the organisation i

act for and which is trying to do good things for the club we all claim to love.

i’d like to talk it through. Suspect it won’t happen though. 

Naive? Probably. 

as it happens my message was sent to mcfluff (a registered user of this site - don’t ask me why) rather than McFluff. 

Lets try and again. Will message you McFluff.

Seeking to damage the organisation you act for? Bit of an over exaggeration.

Just because I disagree with how things are panning out doesn't mean my opinion is any less valuable than someone who thinks you're doing a perfect job.

Also, I think how Brexit is being handled is a fucking shit show but I wouldn't know how to fix it. It's just not being handled well. Some people may disagree.

I think marmite tastes like ass but I couldn't advise how the recipe should be changed. Some people love it.

Nobody is knocking a specific individual and I've already said I respect anyone who gives up their free time to do something they believe in. Just because people are volunteers doesn't mean I have to think they're doing a great job does it?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just because I disagree with how things are panning out doesn't mean my opinion is any less valuable than someone who thinks you're doing a perfect job.

Also, I think how Brexit is being handled is a fucking shit show but I wouldn't know how to fix it. It's just not being handled well. Some people may disagree.

I think marmite tastes like ass but I couldn't advise how the recipe should be changed. Some people love it.

Nobody is knocking a specific individual and I've already said I respect anyone who gives up their free time to do something they believe in. Just because people are volunteers doesn't mean I have to think they're doing a great job does it?

To be fair I checked there are 2 mcfluffs, rearrange chaps. I’m sure you will be good friends in person 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Skills / knowledge needed to have a credible opinion on how to fix brexit - at least a basic understanding of politics, economics and political processes

Skills / knowledge needed to have a credible opinion on how to improve marmite - knowledge of how condiments are made (!)

Skills / knowledge needed to have a credible opinion on how to improve the activities and effectiveness of Trust Oldham - a brain and a passion for OAFC

You need to have a bit more faith in yourself my friend. 

If you give someone until 12th April to respond to a letter then you have to wait until 12th April before going after him for comment.  Have some patience!

We could get a reply on the same day that the EU throw us out because we have a House of Commons full of cowards.  They should revoke or leave without a deal and suffer the consequences.  Their combined actions sine the referendum have split my Country down the middle.  They are no better than Marco - I'm reminded of the Grand Old Duke of York.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hands on said:

If you give someone until 12th April to respond to a letter then you have to wait until 12th April before going after him for comment.  

And I have no doubt whatsoever that should we get a response it will be shared with us all 😀

just don’t hold your breath...