Trust Letter to AL

6 hours ago, Andy b said:

Thanks for pointing that out.

fair point you raise then. Clearly Underdog and I were not aware. Somewhat challenging to keep track of these things around the day job!

Are the trust not in something as simple as a WhatsApp group together?

"Alright guys just spoke to big AL on the phone."

"Did you ask him about the letter?"

"Oops lol. No. My bad"

Surely in this day and age the trust don't need a physical meeting to know what each other is doing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"Oops lol. No. My bad"

Surely in this day and age the trust don't need a physical meeting to know what each other is doing?

We have a what’s app groups

over the last 2 weeks it has averaged around 40 messages per day I would guess.

that a Trust Director had a brief chat with AL about rumours relating to Birketts position in the club (as advised by underdog) was mentioned in the what’s app group looking back and was missed by us both.

full time job and two kids.

my most humble apologies. I shall go and have a long hard look at my life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy b said:

that a Trust Director had a brief chat with AL about rumours relating to Birketts position in the club (as advised by underdog) was mentioned in the what’s app group looking back and was missed by us both.

But they didn't ask about receipt of the letter?

Surely one of first questions. That's not an unreasonable assumption.

Or maybe I am unreasonable in thinking a member of the trust speaking with a chairman who has been sent several copies of a very in depth letter should maybe have questioned the receipt of it?

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or maybe I am unreasonable in thinking a member of the trust speaking with a chairman who has been sent several copies of a very in depth letter should maybe have questioned the receipt of it?

I feel somewhat responsible for kicking this off, so I’ll do my best to make amends.

It’s entirely possible the Trust rep spoke to AL by chance and/or about an entirely different matter. We didn’t hear the conversation and therefore cannot judge how easy/appropriate or otherwise it would have been to raise it at that point.

Andy & Tracy have explained they are yet to hear from Mr. Lemsagam and until the date they have requested he respond by has passed, that’s fine by me. It’s only a matter of days to wait.

If he doesn’t acknowledge the letter by responding, then I think we can all judge how he genuinely values a relationship with the supporters of his Limited Company.

43 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They didn’t.

The letter has been received. Let’s see what comes of it. 

Lets not get bogged down in insignificant details that don’t really matter, with due respect.

i am off to catch up on alan partridge. Night night.

35 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Personally, I think we have done enough within 7 days from the meeting to delivery of the letter ( at least by email and by hand at that time). 

I suppose we could have stuck a copy in his hand at Saturdays game if we were allowed past the personal security, however the Directors rallied around me instead after my run in with said fan.

However if you have time tomorrow, why don't you contact the club and ask for Mr Lemagam yourself to see if he will tell you? The door is apparently open and the questions came from the fans.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

I put my phone on flight mode when I go to bed because it can ping off at all hours. //hahah

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I feel somewhat responsible for kicking this off, so I’ll do my best to make amends.

It’s entirely possible the Trust rep spoke to AL by chance and/or about an entirely different matter. We didn’t hear the conversation and therefore cannot judge how easy/appropriate or otherwise it would have been to raise it at that point.

Andy & Tracy have explained they are yet to hear from Mr. Lemsagam and until the date they have requested he respond by has passed, that’s fine by me. It’s only a matter of days to wait.

If he doesn’t acknowledge the letter by responding, then I think we can all judge how he genuinely values a relationship with the supporters of his Limited Company.

You can lead a horse to water....

We have gone down the formal route, SD have advised us to maintain the timescales and our next steps beyond the deadlines.

Yes its alllllllllll your fault..heheh

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"Oops lol. No. My bad"

I'm more concerned that there's an 11 year old American girl on the Trust.....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

You can lead a horse to water....

We have gone down the formal route, SD have advised us to maintain the timescales and our next steps beyond the deadlines.

Yes its alllllllllll your fault..heheh

What are the next steps beyond the deadline?

What if AL hasn't replied by 12th April? What's the plan then?

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If no reply then Teresa May after consulting Brother Corbyn will ask Michel Barnier for an extension-he will ask Msr Macron and Frau Merkel for a decision-if none is forthcoming than they will all approach Underdog for a decision-her vote will be binding. Deal or no Deal?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Trust Board meet on 8th. That will come up.

What would you (and others for that matter) suggest we do in those circumstances? 

38 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Trust Board meet on 8th. That will come up.

What would you (and others for that matter) suggest we do in those circumstances? 

I'd have thought you'd already discussed a plan for if AL doesn't respond in time or satisfactorily.

All a bit David Cameron and his referendum this

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd have thought you'd already discussed a plan for if AL doesn't respond in time or satisfactorily.

He shoots he scores.

Thanks for your positive contribution in seeking to improve our football club. We are indebted.

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

He shoots he scores.

Thanks for your positive contribution in seeking to improve our football club. We are indebted.

So you don't see an issue in the trust making demands and setting timeframes with zero plan or idea what they'll do if those aren't met?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you don't see an issue in the trust making demands and setting timeframes with zero plan or idea what they'll do if those aren't met?

So if the deadline is 12 April and next trust Meeting is 8 April not unreasonable to think this may be discussed then? 

Are you not getting a bit in front of yourself?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you don't see an issue in the trust making demands and setting timeframes with zero plan or idea what they'll do if those aren't met

Not being wedded to a fully resolved and fixed plan and being open to suggestions from fans does not constitute zero plan. 

Welcome your suggestions if you have any.

i doubt you will find another fan who views me reaching out for thoughts/suggestions/ideas in such a negative way. It’s perverse. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You are starting to suck the life out of the process.Either get involved personally or let the Trust run with the process as agreed at the fans meeting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

You are starting to suck the life out of the process.Either get involved personally or let the Trust run with the process as agreed at the fans meeting.

It’s my fault. I shouldn’t be biting. Am new to this! 

Just now, Andy b said:

It’s my fault. I shouldn’t be biting. Am new to this! 

Andy - you are doing exactly what I did when arranging the meeting with the previous regime i.e. being sincere and honest, with no hidden agenda. I was very naive too (I`ve never had a facebook or twatter account - just not interested) with regard to social media.

My best advice? Stay relatively quiet on here - just factually report when you have something to report - otherwise it will send you stir crazy and take over your life trying to be reasonable when other people aren't (either because of mischief, malice or otherwise).

All the best - and I`ll certainly not mither you henceforth.

• Like 1

Just now, wiseowl said:

Andy - you are doing exactly what I did when arranging the meeting with the previous regime i.e. being sincere and honest, with no hidden agenda. I was very naive too (I`ve never had a facebook or twatter account - just not interested) with regard to social media.

My best advice? Stay relatively quiet on here - just factually report when you have something to report - otherwise it will send you stir crazy and take over your life trying to be reasonable when other people aren't (either because of mischief, malice or otherwise).

All the best - and I`ll certainly not mither you henceforth.

We thought you'd gone......?