Trust Letter to AL

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Chuckle banned me from his Facebook group after I pointed out that he had on more than one occasion posted racist and homophobic posts only to remove them.

He then sent me 20 to 30 abusive private messages on messenger. Such a classy guy!

Man of the people!

I've witnessed him square up to someone in the portacabin next to the chaddy end and on numerous occasions swear in front of children. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Chuckle banned me from his Facebook group after I pointed out that he had on more than one occasion posted racist and homophobic posts only to remove them.

He then sent me 20 to 30 abusive private messages on messenger. Such a classy guy!

Man of the people!

At one time he always had his phone on a selfie stick which in itself was a bit weird, having listened to him in the past I find it very strange he's getting all pally with Juel and Abdallah given his very forthright views on certain subjects.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

At one time he always had his phone on a selfie stick which in itself was a bit weird, having listened to him in the past I find it very strange he's getting all pally with Juel and Abdallah given his very forthright views on certain subjects.

Don't get him started on the Irish. Seriously.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good piece that.

Partly. It's let down by a couple of paragraphs.

"What the article did reveal however, is that the ground the stadium sits on isn’t owned by the club. It is in the possession of two companies Brassbank and Brassband. A quick search shows that Brassbank has two directors Daniel Gazal and Simon Blitz, who were both directors at Oldham but resigned in 2010.  If that doesn’t raise some eyebrows, it certainly should do. A search for Brassband brought up some obvious results, none of which were connected with football!." - No, the article didn't reveal that at all, it's been public knowledge for years.

"If what the Chairman says is true about who owns the land at Boundary Park, questions need to be asked about why those people are still in the picture. Perhaps approaching Gazal and Blitz to ask them what their intentions are will prove more enlightening that finding out whether the gas bill has been paid on time." They're still in the picture because Abdallah doesn't have enough money to buy everything. As it stands we pay rent (like many many other clubs in the land do) to the landlords. I'm more concerned about the current running of our club to be honest.

The author is trying to be clever but has got it wrong.

Edited by jorvik_latic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

"What the article did reveal however, is that the ground the stadium sits on isn’t owned by the club. It is in the possession of two companies Brassbank and Brassband. A quick search shows that Brassbank has two directors Daniel Gazal and Simon Blitz, who were both directors at Oldham but resigned in 2010.  If that doesn’t raise some eyebrows, it certainly should do. A search for Brassband brought up some obvious results, none of which were connected with football!." - No, the article didn't reveal that at all, it's been public knowledge for years.

"If what the Chairman says is true about who owns the land at Boundary Park, questions need to be asked about why those people are still in the picture. Perhaps approaching Gazal and Blitz to ask them what their intentions are will prove more enlightening that finding out whether the gas bill has been paid on time." They're still in the picture because Abdallah doesn't have enough money to buy everything. As it stands we pay rent (like many many other clubs in the land do) to the landlords. I'm more concerned about the current running of our club to be honest.

I was thinking more about the overall sentiment.

I have to say the more I read that Trust letter..... 😬

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We know that there is a fan led group looking to buy the ground from the current owners and the owners are part of that process. The trust is being regularly briefed on that.

we don’t need to know anything more about the current owners and their intentions.

to that end, the article is misinformed. 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

We know that there is a fan led group looking to buy the ground from the current owners and the owners are part of that process. The trust is being regularly briefed on that.

we don’t need to know anything more about the current owners and their intentions.

to that end, the article is misinformed. 

Exactly. There are some good points in the article and as kowenicki says, some of the sentiment is good. It's let down by what I've quoted.

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I was thinking more about the overall sentiment.

I have to say the more I read that Trust letter..... 😬

The Trust haven't just taken a big leap from everything being cordial to a confrontational approach this has come over a 12 month period including 4 invitations to meet with them in a fairly private environment and all have been rejected. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

The timings on the letter look good, a meeting requested not after 20th April. This gives AL time to show how good his intentions are and get the fans on board before the ST early bird deadline but also just before the Mansfield match on Sky on the Monday where a protest could happen.

If no meeting will the Trust extend the deadline like Brexit?

20 hours ago, peanuts said:

and that for me is the danger he has AL ear and can claim to speak for his group of 1k+ fans against the trusts membership of ???  needs to be kept an eye on as he comes over as very pro AL 

That maybe so, however most on that site were not happy that the meeting had happened without them all being notified, all being given a chance to go and where represented by those that did go.

However with the Trust its our "entitlement". The Trust are allowed representation on the board of OAFC 2004. Equal parity voting and responsibilities for that business. They should be shown evidence the business is running in accordance with all legalities, a business plan, the financials all that is required. Good governance, sustainability ect.

We are 14 months into the Owners tenure and no board meetings have been held and our recent requests to discuss/review the last 12 months, help plan for the future have not happened. 

The owner may not want to put all answers to the questions in the public domain but he should minimum be showing evidence/respect to the Trust representative as a partner/shared responsibility and for you the fans, to have peace of mind that that person is getting that entitlement.

• Like 12