Colchester (a) - Match thread

Just now, JED said:

If only we could rewind those Morecambe, Crewe, Cambridge etc games wasted under the Scholes' experiment and give them to PW to play!

Just like the Macclesfield game? 

Great win today- it will take a remarkable end to the season for us to do it...

On 4/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, NewBlue said:

If you attend this fixture you need to be sectioned

23 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am pretty certain that the team and Pete Wild agree that it takes a special kind of weirdo to travel all the way to Colchester for this game...

254 (sectioned weirdo’s) there. Well done to each and every one of them. Top supporters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We should just enjoy the fact that Pete Wild has done such a magnificent job in the last few weeks.

Today was a great result, even though Colchester's promotion wheels have come off somewhat of late.

A pity that some late goals make the slim play-off hopes even more so but who is going to complain with PW's results?

I would say that Lemsagam is going to offer Wild the job and he could do no worse than apologise to the fans, admit that getting Scholes in was a hope of boosting the club's profile and attendances and that, in hindsight, he acted with haste. Whatever it was that rookie Scholes brought to the club, it clearly didn't work and Wild is using his deep reserves of experience to ensure the season ends on good terms. 

I honestly do not expect Latics to finish in the play-offs but as long as they are knocking on the door, then it keeps things bubbling over and ensures at least a positive finish.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I'd love it if both of them are not interfering with Pete, and this is the consequence. Results might finally be the only thing that persuades them to change. Whatever is happening, keep it the same!

They were probably not interfering in Scholes' team selections etc. and he just realised he had made a huge mistake in accepting the job, so he went. Why would Wild accept the role again, if this was the case the last time he took charge? I don't think he would and I also don't think he was obliged to...he actually wanted to.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Be a tall order! But yiu never know , there is normally one that sneaks in ....

A very tall order. But if we are within 3pts of a target for our last game with a better goal difference what a surprise end of the season that would be. 

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Even if AL is still picking the team?

Let's just say, hypothetically, that this is the case and Latics win every game between now and the end of the season, or most of them.
Would you still want him to stay out of 'assisting' in team selections|?

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Even if AL is still picking the team?

At the moment PW's last 4 games have resulted in 3-0,2-0,2-0 & 2-0. Over a season that is P46 W46 D0 L0 F103 A0 Pts 138 😁 So yeah I donlt mind just at this precise moment in time!

I'm to chuffed to answer it sensibly right now.

Just now, singe said:

At the moment PW's last 4 games have resulted in 3-0,2-0,2-0 & 2-0. Over a season that is P46 W46 D0 L0 F103 A0 Pts 138 😁 So yeah I donlt mind just at this precise moment in time!

I'm to chuffed to answer it sensibly right now.

Ha. Seriously though....

What is it? 11 games... 7 wins? 

League it’s 9 games with 6 wins, 1 draw.  That’s 97 points over a season.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You an ex teacher? You are incapable of posting anything that isn’t pompous or condescending. 

Wow. I'm sure someone has got in here before me, but, without reading the rest of the thread, wow.

Edited by longtimeblue