Colchester (a) - Match thread

49 minutes ago, singe said:

I'd love it if both of them are not interfering with Pete, and this is the consequence. Results might finally be the only thing that persuades them to change. Whatever is happening, keep it the same!

The fact he subbed Branger today shows he may not be under as much influence as thought.

37 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

A very tall order. But if we are within 3pts of a target for our last game with a better goal difference what a surprise end of the season that would be. 

And its Northampton payback too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Let's just say, hypothetically, that this is the case and Latics win every game between now and the end of the season, or most of them.
Would you still want him to stay out of 'assisting' in team selections|?

In that case this season, but not next.😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losesome said:

Last games of the season as last season-

Latics v Northampton

Charlton v Dale

How ironic if we won & go up via play offs and Dale lost to get relegated. 

Ah, one of those strange twists that football likes to taunt us with. :D 

Why wouldn’t you take on Paul Scholes unless you have blue blood in your veins?  Could be Scholes has done us a favour in showing Marco his place. Wild didn’t have this form before. Suspect he has learnt from the earlier period in charge or is Priest a great second. Who cares ONWARD!!!!

• Like 4

I think wild has the talent energy and passion to do something very good. I just hope there are funds avaible to get the players in next season to push on . I think we need to win every game for playoffs this season but you never no .....

Imagine what we could do if we actually ran this club properly?

We are circus and we still have an outside chance of the playoffs if we did things properly we'd be top 7 atleast.

3 wins is very good 3 more straight wins and I will be getting a stiffy.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Imagine what we could do if we actually ran this club properly?

We are circus and we still have an outside chance of the playoffs if we did things properly we'd be top 7 atleast.

3 wins is very good 3 more straight wins and I will be getting a stiffy.

The league is terrible!

There are a few more twists and turns before its over.

Think there are six games between the sides we are competing with for a play off place, and those sides play the top three 7 times.

Tranmere play the top three, Forest Green and Crawley who may still need to play- could conceivably not get another point.

Fg have an easier ride but play 2 play off sides and a hopefully resurgent Macc .

One thing I really liked about today was the set up they have. A nice bar area where home and away fans could mix both before and after the match, with a big screen outside. This meant that those who wanted a fag could do so without hassle, and they could drink at the same time too. It was seemingly full of Oldham before the game but quite mixed after, watching the National. They had a table football inside too. 

Plus they let fans outside at HT, with an alcoholic drink so similarly those who wanted a fag could do so. Free programmes because of their community day was an added bonus. Both of which I think would benefit us if we copied them. 

Furthermore the park and ride was a decent set up, although it was slightly expensive, but definitely something that TFGM could learn from too. 

• Like 1