Pre Season 2019

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I don't think its ludicrous at all but I think Maouche is a good player so i'm going to leave it at that.

As I`ve said before, in my opinion he's our most technically gifted player - but IF the £4k per week is true - that's a ludicrous basic wage for a 4th division footballer - or have I completely lost touch and the football world is now so far removed from reality (even at our level) ?

Just now, wiseowl said:

As I`ve said before, in my opinion he's our most technically gifted player - but IF the £4k per week is true - that's a ludicrous basic wage for a 4th division footballer - or have I completely lost touch and the football world is now so far removed from reality (even at our level) ?

It’s definitely a ludicrous wage. 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Dan Gardner played 20 games last season. He scored 2 and assisted 6 times.

Maouche played 34, returning 4 and 3.

Baxter's numbers were 29, 4 and 2.

How the fk Maouche got a new contract - especially given what he was reportedly earning - on his performance at his job and the other two didn't, is a disgrace. It stinks.

For context, here are some other comparisons;

Nepo, 42, 6 and 10.

Branger, 25, 5 and 8.

Lang, 42, 13 and 2.

O'Grady, 38, 7 and 3.

Look at the numbers.... there's no way he should've been offered a new contract. There has to be ulterior motives.

Good stats. Pretty sure you said Nepo was shite regardless of how many assists etc. So you can't you stats for one argument and dismiss them for another

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Am “I” call “YOU” a racist? Not at all. 

Are you saying someone in the club is a fraudulent shyster peddling players for personal gain??? Just askin’

I’m suspicious of Mr. Lemsagam’s motives, I’m unclear as to what they are. I’m allowed to be that without being accused of being a racist.

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

To be honest, there’s plenty more in our league earning similar or more.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’m suspicious of Mr. Lemsagam’s motives, I’m unclear as to what they are. I’m allowed to be that without being accused of being a racist.

So it’s baseless tittle tattle.  That’s what I thought.  

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

To be honest, there’s plenty more in our league earning similar or more.

Then I am glad I`ve not purchased a season ticket because I wouldn't want to contribute to such madness.

If it carries on and players at this low level can earn £1million plus every 4 or 5 years, then that's me done with the game as a whole.

Let's be honest, there are many, many non-league players who could step up to our level quite easily - so £200k plus per year is staggering.

We really must get beyond this idea that people have a problem with Lemsagam signings because they are foreign. Its because most of them arent good enough and haven't proved value for money. Im also concerned about the foreign players having a close relationship with the owner and owner taking a preference to them. It causes friction and an us and them culture.

If I say I dont like the idea of Jonathan Benteke being offered a contract does this mean I have a problem with the foreign players?

Maouche isnt a bad footballer but players of his talent will at best keep us away from relegation the idea that hes on £4k is money wasted as we could get 3 players of his talent at this level for that money. The fact he could be made captain just smacks of him being the teachers pet.

Also if anyone has seen any racism directed at either the players, managers or owners on this board then I suggest you escalate it to the admin and the poster should be banned. Because racism is a very ugly thing in society inparticularly on social media in the last 3 years.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Good stats. Pretty sure you said Nepo was shite regardless of how many assists etc. So you can't you stats for one argument and dismiss them for another

You recall incorrectly. I dislike Branger. I’m a fan of Nepo & Missile. As @Lee Sinnott pointed out above, I was directly comparing Gardner v Maouche as they okay in the some position.

Edited by lookersstandandy

It's nothing to do with race, colour or creed. It's simply that Lemsagam's players are mostly second rate. Nepomuceno is probably the best of them.

I made a light hearted jibe at Maouche being captain earlier in the thread, but I'm serious now.

Maouche is average at best. He has one really good game in about five. He can pick a worldy of a defence splitting pass at times; at others he can't find a blue shirt for love nor money.

He goes missing in games and you forget he's actually on the pitch. Inconsistent is the only way I can describe him. He's not dog shit, he's not a class act, just average and not involved enough.

That's not what I want from someone who's going to start every game because he is the captain. It's not what I want from someone who is actually the captain.

Does he organise players? No. Does he talk players through games? No. Does he yell at them to do the right thing when they make a hash of it? No. In short, is he a leader? No. 

I'm convinced that he will (probably) be the captain because the Chuckle Brothers think he's a cut above. And he's not. He's average.

Who would I have as captain? Probably Zak Mills. Experienced player who can organise from the back. Probably won't be afraid to be vocal. Probably won't get the chance while the clown's boys are in town.

Finally, FWIW, Maouche may well have been on 4 grand a week when he arrived. I don't believe he was last season and I don't believe he will be this.

Edited by Bristolatic
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It's nothing to do with race, colour or creed. It's simply that Lemsagam's players are mostly second rate. Nepomuceno is probably the best of them.

I made a light hearted jibe at Maouche being captain earlier in the thread, but I'm serious now.

Maouche is average at best. He has one really good game in about five. He can pick a worldy of a defence splitting pass at times; at others he can't find a blue shirt for love nor money.

He goes missing in games and you forget he's actually on the pitch. Inconsistent is the only way I can describe him. He's not dog shit, he's not a class act, just average and not involved enough.

That's not what I want from someone who's going to start every game because he is the captain. It's not what I want from someone who is actually the captain.

Does he organise players? No. Does he talk players through games? No. Does he yell at them to do the right thing when they make a hash of it? No. In short, is he a leader? No. 

I'm convinced that he will (probably) be the captain because the Chuckle Brothers think he's a cut above. And he's not. He's average.

Who would I have as captain? Probably Zak Mills. Experienced player who can organise from the back. Probably won't be afraid to be vocal. Probably won't get the chance while the clown's boys are in town.

Zak mills is a good shout. 

Would you have given DG a new contract? 

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

We need to sign a captain. There is nobody at the club who fits the bill...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Zak mills is a good shout. 

Would you have given DG a new contract? 

Probably not. He was too erratic and played us into trouble too many times. Plus, his injury was a bad one and, whilst I have every sympathy with him over that, I just think it would have been too big a risk.

I'm still fuming over Clarkey's treatment though. Absolute disgrace and shows what contempt the two <insert suitable description here> have for people.

Mouche divides opinions but if we’d have let him go and packed the squad full of work man like league two midfielders, come October , people would of been complaining we don’t have creativity or anyone with the ability to pick a pass. 

He may be paid more than some would like but we wouldn’t be able to attract an upgrade, certainly not a British one.

im not too concerned about the captaincy...although I don’t get people suggesting someone who they’ve seen play twice (at most) given the armband.

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We need to sign a captain. There is nobody at the club who fits the bill...

Exactly their isnt a leader in this team yet. We usually make our best signings towards the end of the window so Im hoping we will sign a captain and vice captain plus a few more quality players.

The idea that we dont need somekind of leadership out on the pitch is laughable. Anyone who doesnt think we do, doesnt know the remotest thing about football, or team sports, or even working in teams.

Edited by GlossopLatic