Pre Season 2019

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Lots of players earn in excess of their ability, if he were on 40k a week I would think it were odd, 4k is probably par for the course for L1.

Not convinced we were paying 11k for Menig directly, twas a very strange move for sure but can't say I lie awake at night worrying about it.

The average wage is £3k a week in L1. £1.5k in L2.

Bearing in mind it included Portsmouth and especially Sunderland. And the top spending clubs tended to publish but not smaller ones like us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Lots of players earn in excess of their ability...... 4k is probably par for the course for L1.

When Dickov was manager - for the purpose of sharing this story, the circumstances of which are irrelevant - he invited me into the manager’s office and we shared a beer. We were there about 20 mins. In the course of the conversation, it wasn’t done indiscreetly, he told who our top paid player was and how much he was earning, it was £2,200pw.

£4K for Mohamed Maouche is way, way too much and it makes me suspicious.

As an aside. A lovely bloke and real gent was Dickov. 

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

When Dickov was manager - for the purpose of sharing this story, the circumstances of which are irrelevant - he invited me into the manager’s office and we shared a beer. We were there about 20 mins. In the course of the conversation, it wasn’t done indiscreetly, he told who our top paid player was and how much he was earning, it was £2,200pw.

£4K for Mohamed Maouche is way, way too much and it makes me suspicious.

As an aside. A lovely bloke and real gent was Dickov. 

Clarke was nudging 4k, Gerrard probably not far behind the door.

Think the point folk are making Andy is that you give the impression of knowing something then row back from it when questioned.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Think the point folk are making Andy is that you give the impression of knowing something then row back from it when questioned.

If I did know something, would I post it on here?

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you think he'd have behaved differently without an armband? 

I know the question wasn't directed at me but felt compelled to give my opinion. Presuming you were meaning Peter Clarke. 

Captain or not, playing or not, fit or not, Peter Clarke would have done and still will do (wherever he rocks up) lead by example and be a leader. He was a natural leader of men and we will miss him massively, I'm sure you will agree.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I know the question wasn't directed at me but felt compelled to give my opinion. Presuming you were meaning Peter Clarke. 

Captain or not, playing or not, fit or not, Peter Clarke would have done and still will do (wherever he rocks up) lead by example and be a leader. He was a natural leader of men and we will miss him massively, I'm sure you will agree.

Exactly. Couldn't care less who is captain but do care that we don't have Peter Clarke or another obvious 'leader'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Exactly. Couldn't care less who is captain but do care that we don't have Peter Clarke or another obvious 'leader'. 

Massively! We will miss him and struggle to replace somebody like Clarke. No leaders or obvious signs of leaders which majorly worries me.

2 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Massively! We will miss him and struggle to replace somebody like Clarke. No leaders or obvious signs of leaders which majorly worries me.

Good job we have a strong proven manager who can pull everything together.

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Mills or Iacovitti may fit the bill... 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I really doubt that.

Edited by jorvik_latic

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I never mentioned Banks. Did I? But now he's been mentioned, another one who could only be arsed now and again and faded out of games if he got clattered.

I mean you description matched banks both terrible weak players 

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

I miss the days before the Brexit vote, online racism was brilliant then. 

Post Brexit racism

Well yes actually. 

Anyway thats a heavy subject for a friday nigh. I want to log off for the night for a beer. I need one after finding out we have signed Vera.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

anyone good at Guess Who?

I can probably name 3 or 4, but I'll tell you who I can't see. O'Grady.

Every cloud and that.

Anyone spot Chris Eagles? There's some story floating around that he's training with us. 

And it looks like about 15 players there. Some squad that is.