Laurent Banide

10 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I don't sign up to iFollow or LaticsPlayer or whatever it is nowadays so I may be out of the loop, I just find it odd there's not been a single interview with the new manager 3 days since his appointment.

Not a peep on any free-to-air platform, not even the announcement article.

What's that all about? 

It will help if he ever steps foot in Oldham first...

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I don't sign up to iFollow or LaticsPlayer or whatever it is nowadays so I may be out of the loop, I just find it odd there's not been a single interview with the new manager 3 days since his appointment.

What's that all about? 

More news comes out of North Korea! Cancelled my subscription a while back - even at £4 month it's not worth it.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Laurent Banide is not the level of coach that many wanted but probably is the level of coach whose appointment many saw as inevitable.

I wouldn't be surprised if AL maybe genuinely considers him as above the level of coach that many saw as inevitable. 

Not saying he's right or wrong, I've no idea, but.....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Then telling us he's put millions - of his own money - in...... isn't true. He would've loaned the club millions of his own money! If indeed it runs to the millions at all [the last set of accounts published in 2017, said the club lost £472k]...... not to mention that, it is he who's responsible for much of the outgoings - £11k a week for Queensy, employment tribunal after employment tribunal!

I'm no fan of Shaun Harvey either but, how is all that his fault? 

If, eg, 20 of the 48 League One and Two clubs got together and agreed to stop paying daft wages would the two league tables look massively different come May 2020 than if we all continued on the current path? 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Then telling us he's put millions - of his own money - in...... isn't true. He would've loaned the club millions of his own money! If indeed it runs to the millions at all [the last set of accounts published in 2017, said the club lost £472k]...... not to mention that, it is he who's responsible for much of the outgoings - £11k a week for Queensy, employment tribunal after employment tribunal!

Think we mustn't necessarily associate losses on the P&L with a football club being in bad health. If an owner is prepared to fund a running loss then it shouldn't be seen as a worry, unless they do a Chris Moore, but many clubs have owners funding a loss and have been doing for many years.

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If, eg, 20 of the 48 League One and Two clubs got together and agreed to stop paying daft wages would the two league tables look massively different come May 2020 than if we all continued on the current path? 

I'd say selling the CheckaTrade for 100k per club certainly is his fault.
Allowing all these rogue owners is his fault.

Lack of Governance is his fault.

Lack of tightening up lies with him.

It's not like he had form or anything....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I'd say selling the CheckaTrade for 100k per club certainly is his fault.
Allowing all these rogue owners is his fault.

Lack of Governance is his fault.

Lack of tightening up lies with him.

It's not like he had form or anything....

Were things different under his predecessor? 

Who was his predecessor? 

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If BoJo gets in and takes us out of the EU without a deal on 31 Oct, will Laurent need a work permit on 1 Nov?

Just asking!

If/when we leave the EU (deal or no deal) freedom of movement is likely to end.  AL's major recruitment strategy then goes completely out of the window as none of the foreign players (or managers) he is likely to attract will be of sufficient calibre for our Home Office to grant them work permits.  And he didn't even mention Brexit as a threat in his plan, not that I'm surprised.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

If/when we leave the EU (deal or no deal) freedom of movement is likely to end.  AL's major recruitment strategy then goes completely out of the window as none of the foreign players (or managers) he is likely to attract will be of sufficient calibre for our Home Office to grant them work permits.  And he didn't even mention Brexit as a threat in his plan, not that I'm surprised.

There's been talk of a £30k per year salary threshold to classify overseas workers as skilled. The French Lads have nothing to fear there.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It’s not all his fault....  but he was head of the organisation that runs the league and should be providing tighter regulation on ownership and governance. To be claiming he’s done a good job when so many clubs find themselves in such a parlous state is laughable.... and that’s what Kieran Maguire is rightly ridiculing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It’s not all his fault....  but he was head of the organisation that runs the league and should be providing tighter regulation on ownership and governance. To be claiming he’s done a good job when so many clubs find themselves in such a parlous state is laughable.... and that’s what Kieran Maguire is rightly ridiculing.

Who’s been doing that? 

Edited by HarryBosch

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Were things different under his predecessor? 

Who was his predecessor? 

It doesn't really matter if they were worse or not, he is being judged on his record and responsibilities. And has been found wanting in a number of areas in addition to the debt.

I thought his predeccesor  was Scudamore, but I'd forgotton about Keith Harris minus Orville. Harris was responsible for the ITV Digital fiasco, maybe you'd argue that wasn't his fault either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Who’s been doing that? 

Shaun Harvey, "Consistently during my time, I have always looked to push boundaries to make the maximum positive impact for Clubs, whether this be from a financial perspective or by generating value in another way. I have always held the view that the strength of the EFL, is its Clubs and no Club, or indeed individual, is bigger or more important than the collective or the EFL itself."

Debbie Jevans, interim chair of the EFL said: "The EFL would like to thank Shaun for all he has delivered. The EFL is in a strong position with a growing fan base throughout the world and Shaun deserves a lot of credit for this."

FA chief executive Martin Glenn, added: "On behalf of the FA, I would like to thank Shaun for his leadership of the EFL and his collaborative support over the years.

"The EFL and its clubs play a crucial role in English football and its popularity has flourished during his tenure. Shaun's redesign of the Checkatrade Trophy has been a valuable tool for giving game time to young English talent from our academy system."

Hence Kieran going after him.....

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

There's been talk of a £30k per year salary threshold to classify overseas workers as skilled. The French Lads have nothing to fear there.

That's what I've heard too. Newly graduated nurses and doctors don't reach that threshold. 

5 hours ago, NewBlue said:

What's that all about? 

He doesn't start till 1st July!

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It will help if he ever steps foot in Oldham first...

When he does arrive and takes a look at the training facilities and wonders what he has done. Then gets told by someone that  come January, they are practically unusable and the pitch is so uneven that passing the ball is a lottery, he may well turn around and go back to wherever he lives without even talking to the players. (you never know it could happen, as everything else happens at OAFC these days)

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

What if they aren't considered skilled?

• Like 1