The ultrabright hoardings

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Heard lots of adverse comments it was difficult to follow play last night due the brightness of these hoardings. Should the plug be pulled on them?

Plug be pulled? BP the are a great commercial tool if used right. Ridiculous to suggest not using them. 

24 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Plug be pulled? BP the are a great commercial tool if used right. Ridiculous to suggest not using them. 

I pay to watch the game not the advertisements.

What's wrong with less intrusive hoardings anyway?

10 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I'm sure they can be turned down. They only need to be 'ultrabright' on a sunny day, not at night!

Roy hinted last night on ifollow commentary that no-one at the club knew how to do so :chubb:

6 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Dark adverts were OK... The white Wakelet one was horrendous

Wakelet will be delighted you noticed  their name and claim success. I made a note though never to buy anything  from them, whoever they are.

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wakelet will be delighted you noticed  their name and claim success. I made a note though never to buy anything  from them, whoever they are.

Wakelet are the people sorting them out, and they definitely can be dimmed down because they have been in the past. Roy said it s being worked on, but it is up to the shirt sponsors who happen to be Wakelet.

I must say though that they are doing a better job than Eden did. At least there is some amination in them now, like the coach going around the "Go Goodwins' ad.

Don't think the trend for dark nets helps either. But that might be a League objective. 

It would be a perfectly reasonable adjustment to dim the bright hoardings. I admire what the Community Trust have done to support those with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, but too bright advertising hoardings might be undoing that work to an extent. 

On a related note from my view 2/3 'scoreboards' are on the North Stand side and the other is in the corner of the RRE nearest the North Stand. Can those in the North Stand see a 'scoreboard'. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I must say though that they are doing a better job than Eden did. At least there is some amination in them now, like the coach going around the "Go Goodwins' ad.

Almost as frustrating as the dog that trots round premier league ground boards....

Im happy for a bit of animation... Genuinly wasn't bothered by the darker ones but the who pitch lit up when the white ones came on. Must be distracting as a player when it changes. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Don't think the trend for dark nets helps either. But that might be a League objective. 

It would be a perfectly reasonable adjustment to dim the bright hoardings. I admire what the Community Trust have done to support those with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, but too bright advertising hoardings might be undoing that work to an extent. 

On a related note from my view 2/3 'scoreboards' are on the North Stand side and the other is in the corner of the RRE nearest the North Stand. Can those in the North Stand see a 'scoreboard'. 

There's one to the left of the goal by the Chaddy

They are a bit bright sometimes. Not a problem for me personally. 

I’m still amazed we found someone that can work them. OWTB assured me you had to be a COBOL programming genius that worked for Eden to be able to master the mystery of the boards. 

More 3rd party ads than ever too.  Guess we have a better commercial team/person now?

🤷‍♂️

Archived