fans bar

3 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Is the fans bar in the JR stand open tomorrow ?.

49 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Yep, bangers and mash. onion gravy, carrots and peas.  £5 bargain.   Fill yer boots. 

You answered your own question. So you already knew? This an ad? 

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Didn't know when I asked the question.   But, after underdog replied, I checked on Facebook. This confirmed that the OEC was open. 

Why would someone nit pick at that ?

Just a helping hand.

All publicity is good publicity.  You’re welcome. 😁

4 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Why would someone nit pick at that ?

Exactly.  It’s totally unnecessary.

But while we are at it, my house is exactly 100 miles to Boundary Park and Leyburn is about 20 miles down the A1.  I demand that you change your username immediately!

Or at least clarify where you are claiming to be 100 miles away from 😎😎😎

As a gentleman of leisure (retired), I travel to home games following  the scenic route, ie through the Dales, normally via Grassington and Skipton, we then call at my daughters, which is Moorside, then after tea and cake we are off to the ground.

The route that I use is nigh on 100 miles, hence 100milesaway.   That seemed to have more of a ring to it than 87.9milesaway. So sorry, your demands are rejected😉.

Nice to know that there are other latics fans in the region though.  Do you still go to games.? 

I went in yesterday.  The place was heaving, mostly with Grimsby fans.  I ordered 3 meals, half of lager, half of San Miguel. And a bottle of J2O. The bill was £21. 10 p. Which , considering how substantial the meals were, we thought was good value. 😁

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

As a gentleman of leisure (retired), I travel to home games following  the scenic route, ie through the Dales, normally via Grassington and Skipton, we then call at my daughters, which is Moorside, then after tea and cake we are off to the ground.

The route that I use is nigh on 100 miles, hence 100milesaway.   That seemed to have more of a ring to it than 87.9milesaway. So sorry, your demands are rejected😉.

Nice to know that there are other latics fans in the region though.  Do you still go to games.? 

Good man!

I occasionally work in Skipton so know that is a lovely scenic route and much less aggravating than the A1/ M62 battle.

I mainly go to away games these days but my lads enjoy a day out in Oldham so we so get down for a few home games per season.  I did have a season ticket for a few years and travelled down with a few others from the North East but most of them are now back in the Manchester area now and I pick and choose my games.  

Consider the nit picking over and I’ll trouble you no more regarding your username! 🤣🤣🤣

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, JohnG123 said:

Yes always open before the game ... Blitz and brassbank need all the cash they can get there hands on.................................... 

You are probably aware that it's run by the FLG now. They are paying the bills and keeping the income, or so I believe.

It's one for post match when it's pissing down for me.

A bit of a grim room.

Hopefully when upstairs is finished it'll be a bit more comfortable and have a bit more character. 

On a similar note - what happened to these decent beers we were told would be served in the stands by the new catering company?

And why can't we order half time pints? 

Went with a Strongbow yesterday as couldn't face the cat piss Carlsberg - it was flat as a pancake and tasted off.

Probably my own fault for once commenting "even Latics can't fuck a pint of Strongbow up". :lol: 

The girl pouring it just totally blanked me when I asked her to lower the plastic pint pot away from the tap to get a bit of life into it... 

Archived