Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Sat in the garden with my coffee in  the sunshine and there’s a sense of optimism in me. Now some might say that is because of ingrained happy clappyness but this appointment has the feeling of being the right one at this time. 

If Dino was the target in the summer then the Brothers Lemsagam presumably had checked him/talked with him and know exactly what they are getting. And surely even they recognise that there’s a limit to potential for attracting coaches and players if raging instability continues.

A strong character, an attacking philosophy, someone who is personally ambitious, from a similar cultural background but who has worked in English football.,,maybe by luck as much as anything the team (if not the club) can kick on. 

It may be the sunshine, it may be the coffee ( it is Finest Colombian) but there’s a better feeling before I set off over the M62 later. 

There are still massive issues with the club but I want the team to start climbing and this feels possible now. 

Having read this post I am now going to make myself a nice coffee and head outside. 

Kudos for anyone who references Eyresy in their opening interview.👍🏻

Watched the video and listened to the RM interview with Mike.  I’m impressed - he’s either done his homework or knows us pretty well already.  Infectious enthusiasm, confidence and dedication, which will hopefully rub off onto the team.

He’s a striker so will obviously know what’s needed upfront or in support to get us goals.  Not happy sitting back on a 2-0 lead and wants us to attack, attack, attack to batter sides.

Reminds me of Dowie with the chest-thumping and I’m sure he’ll be animated on the touch line and will be really vocal to the team.  I love that in a coach/manager  - I say manager because I wouldn’t be surprised that he’ll keep tagging himself as manager - and it’s needed at our level.  Up the league, managers can sit back on the touch line because players are self-motivated but with our crop they’ll need pushing, motivating and given verbal kicks up the arse during the match.

Big question is whether the Lemsagams keep their noses out.  This guy won’t take shite and I reckon he’ll be equally vocal and opinionated via the media.   If he gets the team winning, then any disruption by the Lemsagams will cause even more uproar, if the Lemsagams try and censor him.

Having just watched Dino presser. If we don’t win the league I’ll be surprised. I like him. Does his voice always sound like that tho ? Or did he just need to clear his throat ? I can see him becoming a real fans favourite here and hope he does as that’ll mean we are going well. 

“I used to be a foreigner too” he said 😂😂😂. This will surely help to integrate them into the squad and hopefully help them settle in quicker and start having a bigger impact, quicker, on the first team. Contrary to what some say on here I see talent in a lot of the foreign boys so if we can get them hitting the ground running that would be great. 

I doubt the Lemsagams will be storming into the changing room at halftime and interrupting his team talks.  He struggled to get that training t-shirt over his arms.

Ignoring those who think he’ll be gone by Halloween but image the transfer window in January - 

“Chairman; I need this striker, this midfielder and this defender”.... whilst bench pressing 300lbs

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I doubt the Lemsagams will be storming into the changing room at halftime and interrupting his team talks.  He struggled to get that training t-shirt over his arms.

Ignoring those who think he’ll be gone by Halloween but image the transfer window in January - 

“Chairman; I need this striker, this midfielder and this defender”.... whilst bench pressing 300lbs

Have we ever had a full time manager over January?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

When your chucking out stuff like this the problems normally stem from a common denominator, honestly if we brought in a proven lower league manager like Parkinson or Grayson they'd fail, how anyone can continue to judge any manager we've has over the past couple of years is mind boggling to me, there are bad apples at the club but unfortunately it's the interfering fuckers at the top ably assisted by the arse licking cling ons. 

Please stop making excuses (ex managers) for the way the shitshow is run.

What you on about Yardy?

Can nothing be said anymore??  How about you take your de de de glasses off for one second. 

1. The new guy comes across well. 

2. AL has sacked 3 managers in two years. One relegated us. An one has given us our worst start for a long time. 

3. I’m not making excuses. You’ve just made that up. 

4. Can I still want AL gone but he able to look at decisions on an individual basis? 

Is the decision to sack Banny utterly shocking? Not really. It’s all the other shite AL and Mo do which highlights it more. IF we start winning under this new guy, watch how quiet this board will go. Results at any football club are king. Maybe this guy will do a bit better than 1 win 7. .  . 

IM ONLY OFFERING A COUNTER POINT. I STILL HATE THE WAY THEY RUN THE CLUB. 😁

4 hours ago, Hands on said:

Over to the Chuckle brothers.  Will they let him get on with it or we will have another resignation. He isn’t going to be responsible for them interfering with his team - just a feeling that this is their last chance. 

After listening to him in his interview and looking at the size of him i dont i dont think hes is going to allow for any messing..He knows how he wants Latics playing and he believes with everyone on board he can take us up, again proofs in the pudding.. Most positive sounding manager weve had in a while.. looking forward to today's home game, and all being well not sit back on a 2-0 lead which is criminal shouldn't have happen and Dino mentioned it in his interview,  he will be going for more goals..Im sure Joe royle / Dowie used to have that outlook? 

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Probably the best interview by a manager in the last couple of years.

"We won't sit on a 2-0 lead, but go for 3 or 4"

Music to my ears.

im sure Big Joe used to have that outlook aswell... Music to my ears also. Benide  deserved to go  just for this(sitting back on leads) alone in my eyes..

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Two up front? Attacking football? Can we dare to dream? I bloody hope so, because even I'm starting to lose interest and never in my life did I think that could ever happen.

A good win today could quite easily kick start our season .. 

Archived