Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Awww. Diddums. People posting shite tweets and directly “shit tagging” me into them get a blocking. Can have a good debate with most but some just want to shit stir at any opportunity. They shouldn’t be surprised by it...I’d tweeted that anyone doing it would be blocked. Currently we’ve got a set of “fans” that think they’re the next top notch investigative journalists that’s got to dig for absolutely anything for their twitter followers to lap up. Half the fans tho...haha...I’ve blocked about 5 or 6 boring insufferable nappy wetting “fans” some of whom find glee in kicking the club. When you tweet about the game and get it turned right back to the Agenda...got no interest in the same boring arguments. 

As for who posted it on twitter today...it’s easy to see someone not blocked saying “glad he told Mo where to go” and know who they were replying to. Hence knowing some of the #AgendaLads peddling it 👍🏻

Diddums what? You’ve not blocked me. You’ve got way more than 5/6 on your blocked list. 

Yesterday was really refreshing. It is the first time in 18 months that we haven't switched off, gone into our shell and tried to defend a lead. 

Banide, Wild, Scholes, Bunn and to a lesser extent Wellens; even Shez all guilty as charged.

Dino told us his plan on day one and he actually was as good as his word. 

Good to see him playing Maouche as the slightly deeper one of the two strikers in a 442. Maouche had his best game to date.

Mills was excellent. DeLP ok apart from his distribution. Should keep his place at Carlisle. Morais was quiter but he looked stuffed. Smith was more than worthy and took his goal well. Great persistence from Branger. Missile is too good for us and Sylla was fantastic again. No real standouts in defence apart from Mills, but if we continue to attack, there doesnt need to be. Desire caught off side too many times, but once he learns how to run off the defender's shoulder and/or accross the line, he will destroy defences.

Back to Dino. If he can two foot tackle Al or Mo and get away with a yellow, he will be around for longer than the sum total of the aforementioned.

35 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Yesterday was really refreshing. It is the first time in 18 months that we haven't switched off, gone into our shell and tried to defend a lead. 

Banide, Wild, Scholes, Bunn and to a lesser extent Wellens; even Shez all guilty as charged.

Good to see him playing Maouche as the slightly deeper one of the two strikers in a 442. Maouche had his best game to date.

Mills was excellent. DeLP ok apart from his distribution. Should keep his place at Carlisle. Morais was quiter but he looked stuffed. Smith was more than worthy and took his goal well. Great persistence from Branger. Missile is too good for us and Sylla was fantastic again. No real standouts in defence apart from Mills, but if we continue to attack, there doesnt need to be. Desire caught off side too many times, but once he learns how to run off the defender's shoulder and/or accross the line, he will destroy defences.

Back to Dino. If he can two foot tackle Al or Mo and get away with a yellow, he will be around for longer than the sum total of the aforementioned.

Bang on!

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

Not disagreeing or arguing. But not sure how much sinnot is still in the know. Gone a bit cold on the facts lately. Especially since wild left.....

I think his record is pretty good. 
Signing Smith-Brown
Nepo was off.
Wheater was staying on deadline day.
Sefil being dropped the other day
Morais signing.
COG was off to Bolton.
Banide was off.
The North Stand would he open without the hospitality .

All since Wildy left...

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Only because he has proved it after being a known wind-up merchant who had a history of making stuff up.

Am I right in thinking that a sporting director / Director of football would sometimes go into dressing rooms in other places? I seem to recall Sherwood doing that when he was DoF somewhere, I think O’Driscoll may have done it when he was here too. Given Maamria hasn’t been at the club for 2 days, and didn’t appear to be watching them last Saturday, I have a lot less of an issue with a Sporting Director going into the dressing room at HT today.

I think the main issue is the unqualified nepotism shown in the appointment of the Sporting Director, who doesn’t have the qualifications for the job. 

PS It’d be a laugh if Sinnott’s sauce was Shitpeas.

I think the other significant issues are him trying to influence the team, and his splitting  of the team by taking action when his grass speaks up.
Can't say I have any knowledge of other Sporting Directors, or what the consequences were but it is rare surely? And not because they felt entitled to do it, and to boost their own ego.
Anyway let's hope Dino is able to articulate for them to leave it to him, and them respect the boundaries.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Diddums what? You’ve not blocked me. You’ve got way more than 5/6 on your blocked list. 

No. You’ve not yet become insufferable 😉

As for the number on my blocked list...half of them will be the Executioners accounts. And why does (as it sounds...and not just from you) they/anyone care? I’ve got blocked off folk many-a-time. And if we are talking AgendaLads then it’s not that many. Generally just the snidey shit-taggers or 1 or 2 that when talking about a match just instantly jump straight in & divert it back to their bile about the owners. Not keep having the same arguments with the same individuals on tweets I put out about a matchday game. Anyway, that’s enough of explaining myself.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Is it fair to assume, that while AL is a tosser. His brother is the real poison in the club? I do wonder if things would be a bit/a lot better without Mo. 

I have wondered. 

AL is probably difficult and has undoubtedly done wrongs, but what owner hasn't? That doesn't necessarily make it acceptable but I suspect (some of) the issues we as fans are finding so problematic are as a result of the Sporting Director's (Mo's) interference, rather than AL's. 

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Only because he has proved it after being a known wind-up merchant who had a history of making stuff up.

Am I right in thinking that a sporting director / Director of football would sometimes go into dressing rooms in other places? I seem to recall Sherwood doing that when he was DoF somewhere, I think O’Driscoll may have done it when he was here too. Given Maamria hasn’t been at the club for 2 days, and didn’t appear to be watching them last Saturday, I have a lot less of an issue with a Sporting Director going into the dressing room at HT today.

I think the main issue is the unqualified nepotism shown in the appointment of the Sporting Director, who doesn’t have the qualifications for the job. 

PS It’d be a laugh if Sinnott’s sauce was Shitpeas.

As I understand it, a DoF/Sporting Director typically acts as a head of recruitment. So shouldn't be involved in the coaching side of things. This may vary at some clubs. 

You've hit the nail on the head with the second paragraph - Mo appears unqualified. If you're going to sack a manager/head coach for poor performances, you seriously have to look at your head of recruitment for some of the poor signings we've made this summer. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Is it fair to assume, that while AL is a tosser. His brother is the real poison in the club? I do wonder if things would be a bit/a lot better without Mo. 

100% this. 

AL is out of the country a large amount of time while MO is ever present. Staff at the club would also agree. 

Lemsagam’s have recruited this season.  They need to leave Dino to coach, select the matchday squad and manage from touch line and half-time.

There is no reason for either Lemsagam to enter that changing room on matchday or even the training ground.

Quicker they realise this - and relinquish recruitment too - the better.  

ML’s interference is disruptive, divisive; it stagnated the team last season and already this season.  The introduction of an assertive, confident, dominant personality like Dino demonstrated yesterday that it not only fires the team but unites the fans to the team and club (ownership & board excluded).

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

good report.. 

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I am for positivity but it's tedious that this happens every time! Wellens was the saviour after one game. 

*Only the last bit 

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Lemsagam’s have recruited this season.  They need to leave Dino to coach, select the matchday squad and manage from touch line and half-time.

There is no reason for either Lemsagam to enter that changing room on matchday or even the training ground.

Quicker they realise this - and relinquish recruitment too - the better.  

ML’s interference is disruptive, divisive; it stagnated the team last season and already this season.  The introduction of an assertive, confident, dominant personality like Dino demonstrated yesterday that it not only fires the team but unites the fans to the team and club (ownership & board excluded).

We have need this type of manager/ Head coach for a long while..We wanted Dino preseason but stevenage wanted a high compensation fee ,,i heard yesterday that Dino is wanting a latics legend as his assistant,  make of that as you will..But signs seem promising so far 

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

We have need this type of manager/ Head coach for a long while..We wanted Dino preseason but stevenage wanted a high compensation fee ,,i heard yesterday that Dino is wanting a latics legend as his assistant,  make of that as you will..But signs seem promising so far 

Well he did reference Eyresy in his opening interview and tagged him as a legend.

Shame you couldn’t roll him out just for the free kicks 

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Well he did reference Eyresy in his opening interview and tagged him as a legend.

i know.. cameo apperences.. I think he will have an assistant sorted this week.. 

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Don’t be so fucking ridiculous 

You would have to have him on corners too would you ? 

How have you been upvoted 3 times by Frankie fir the same post ? 

If the sporting Director is the problem then isn't it not the owners job to reign him in abit?

I love this thread we've all rolled out the same cliches we have for every manager.

"Just seen his first interview he comes across well"

"He looks like he won't take any messing about"

See every new manager thread on this message board since the beginning of time.

Im wondering if these are the same people who seem to think that 2 upfront is always the solution to all our problems.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the sporting Director is the problem then isn't it not the owners job to reign him in abit?

I love this thread we've all rolled out the same cliches we have for every manager.

"Just seen his first interview he comes across well"

"He looks like he won't take any messing about"

See every new manager thread on this message board since the beginning of time.

Im wondering if these are the same people who seem to think that 2 upfront is always the solution to all our problems.

There's something different about this head coach fans have quickly latched on to.

He means what he says with conviction.

They can sense if he's left in control things will improve for the better.

Left alone is the key though.

Let’s just see what Dino brings. Loads saying he’s done well but Banide set up that win sat. He was building them into a team and showing progression. People forget if we had started with Dino we’d have had less points than Banide and he had a year to put his team together and still did worse. He so far said everything he should but we will see over next 2 months what he can do and if he can coach. Not reading into any of this ‘i’ll push On for 3 or 4’. Let’s see if he can get us 2-0 up first. No way he had any influence over Saturdays win. We should be judging him from now onwards.

20 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Let’s just see what Dino brings. Loads saying he’s done well but Banide set up that win sat. He was building them into a team and showing progression. People forget if we had started with Dino we’d have had less points than Banide and he had a year to put his team together and still did worse. He so far said everything he should but we will see over next 2 months what he can do and if he can coach. Not reading into any of this ‘i’ll push On for 3 or 4’. Let’s see if he can get us 2-0 up first. No way he had any influence over Saturdays win. We should be judging him from now onwards.

He had a big influence, did you see him talking to individual players and instructing the team to push up higher?

Banide had an effect on improving the close passing game, but not a lot else IMO.

Archived