Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, super_blue said:

Because it’s not and never has been his strength? Not saying move him out of the club just move him on from what he isn’t Good at. 

Need to be more professional as a club in my opinion and people that are in front of cameras need to show that. It helps build a strong brand which in turn gives the club a better image, better commercial partnerships and so on. 

Sounds fair but I'm sure people on here will get the hump about comments like this no doubt.

It looked unprofessional imo.

14 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’m ignoring all the fan platitudes and tub-thumping rhetoric.

What I take away from that interview is that he is possibly the best bridge between fans and owner that we could hope for.

That can only be a good thing.

His spread is as big as Hebden Bridge

15 hours ago, super_blue said:

Need to be more professional as a club in my opinion and people that are in front of cameras need to show that. It helps build a strong brand which in turn gives the club a better image, better commercial partnerships and so on. 

Alright Max Clifford.....let's just concentrate on having a manager last more than 10 games and get us up the table before we sack the only stalwart left at the club for checking his phone.....

This "issue" is caused by the camera including Roy in shot and not focusing wholly on Dino.

Haven't seen the whole episode so really don't see why Roy is needed is this scenario however I would agree he's more than earned his standing at our, and his club.

He's maybe not as media savvy as some of our supporters would wish but he's 100% O.A.F.C. and the more links we have with people like that the better it is for our long-term future in my opinion.

54 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Alright Max Clifford.....let's just concentrate on having a manager last more than 10 games and get us up the table before we sack the only stalwart left at the club for checking his phone.....

You have completely missed the point. 

I never said sack the fella, read again and let me know at what point I said sack him. 

We all thought that we had a real striker after Vera's first interview. That turned out well.

Dino does seem a breath of fresh air though. He says chairmen need to be managed as well, and that AL hasn't adapted to British culture yet. He says that he can help him, but  things need to be done the right way. I guess by that he means Mo stays out of the dressing room, and leaves team selection and tactics to him.

I think Dino could well be the man to unite the fans, he's the type of manager who will wave his arms around to get the fans going. I hope we have finally hit rock bottom, and can start the upward trajectory again. The off field stuff with AL and the FLG really needs to be sorted quickly. Whilst they are at war with each other we cannot move forward.

3 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Roy has been a willing volunteer for many years and doesn't deserve such a minor thing being disected on here.Perhaps it shows how low the level of debate has sunk on here.

Agreed - but surely basic common sense to just switch off your phone before putting yourself in front of cameras?

Archived