League Tables 04.01.2020

Bristolatic

I'm that pissed off with Latics at the moment, I just wanted this out of the way to avoid kicking the cat. Even though we haven't got one. Enjoy, folks.

PS Ignore the yellow boxes with an 'x' in them - I know why it's there, but it makes no difference to the tables.

PREMIER LEAGUE

@aidan_latics [up 2 places to 6th] top scored with 8 points. @oafcmetty is 24 points ahead at the top, @lookersstandandy moves up to 2nd and there's no change from 10th down, but @singe's 7 points dragged him a little nearer to safety.

fkbHwdq.jpg?1

pyZoBKZ.jpg?1

CHAMPIONSHIP

@Dave_Og [up 3 places into the play offs], @Latics and England [up 2 to 2nd] and Lawman [ up a massive 7 places] all scored 8 points. @JohnnyPimp drops out of the play off places and there is no change to the bottom five.

UJ8YOLK.jpg?1

W2hA54T.jpg?1

LEAGUE 1

Again, 8 points was the best by @alien [up 3 places to 10th] and @leeslover [up 3 to 4th]. @the_mighty_bosh forgot to post a half time score so lost a potential 2 points, @Dick_Valentine drops out of the play offs and there is no change to the bottom seven.

ob3VIBq.jpg?1

5lyee5T.jpg?1

LEAGUE 2

@alisonh1981 was the best with 7 points, hitting a 5 pointer in the attendance, and takes the 2nd automatic promotion place. @laticsrblue gets within touching distance of 6th place, @Jimbooth moves up 3 places to mid-table(ish) and it's as you were for the bottom four.

Cp4tL9d.jpg?1

gYzipyr.jpg?1

I'm surprised leeslover hasn't made more of an impression in two seasons in the depths. Some of us remember the days when he occasionally totted up the points.

Dave Collinge continues to bring shame on the high plateau of the Gods, from which he used to throw thunderbolts...but now just farts into his barcalounger before sending in another mediocre effort.

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I'm surprised leeslover hasn't made more of an impression in two seasons in the depths. Some of us remember the days when he occasionally totted up the points.

Dave Collinge continues to bring shame on the high plateau of the Gods, from which he used to throw thunderbolts...but now just farts into his barcalounger before sending in another mediocre effort.

The games moved on, yesterday's titans just become cannon fodder. You need to evolve if you want to stay near the summit. 

16 hours ago, disjointed said:

The games moved on, yesterday's titans just become cannon fodder. You need to evolve if you want to stay near the summit. 

I didn't realise cartography was among your flaws. The summit is the summit. The plateau is just up from there, inaccessible to all but the pro-am elite of me and Dave Collinge. Summits are for dinner party anecdotes. The climbers' climbers are on the plateau. 

I realise that our world leaders play fast and loose with the language these days...but that doesn't mean we have to follow them. How does the purported performance evolution square with the FACT that points totals to win it are dwindling and barely a fraction of what it took when Dave and I were lobbing lightning at one another?

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I didn't realise cartography was among your flaws. The summit is the summit. The plateau is just up from there, inaccessible to all but the pro-am elite of me and Dave Collinge. Summits are for dinner party anecdotes. The climbers' climbers are on the plateau. 

I realise that our world leaders play fast and loose with the language these days...but that doesn't mean we have to follow them. How does the purported performance evolution square with the FACT that points totals to win it are dwindling and barely a fraction of what it took when Dave and I were lobbing lightning at one another?

I've read some strange, self indulgent rubbish on here over the years, but your getting closer and closer to winning the outright prize. Are you alright, son?

The big problem for you is that you'd love to rejoin, but pride prevents you from doing so in case you make a right hash of it in the lower divisions, which is where you'd have to start. The likes of @DavidCollinge, @Ex_pat, @nzlatic and co who are having a dip in form, conduct themselves impeccably and without having to refer to their previous achievements.

Come on, lad, get involved next season and show us that your hype is justified. It's the only way to show everyone how good you are.

How are you, by the way? Not seen you for ages.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, Bristolatic said:

I've read some strange, self indulgent rubbish on here over the years, but your getting closer and closer to winning the outright prize. Are you alright, son?

The big problem for you is that you'd love to rejoin, but pride prevents you from doing so in case you make a right hash of it in the lower divisions, which is where you'd have to start. The likes of @DavidCollinge, @Ex_pat, @nzlatic and co who are having a dip in form, conduct themselves impeccably and without having to refer to their previous achievements.

Come on, lad, get involved next season and show us that your hype is justified. It's the only way to show everyone how good you are.

I’ve not been the same since you scuppered my chances of becoming expert summariser on iFollow by putting the wind up poor Roy. 

The impasse continues. Pay my entry fee and put me in the prem and I will play. It’s very simple. 

5 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I’ve not been the same since you scuppered my chances of becoming expert summariser on iFollow by putting the wind up poor Roy. 

The impasse continues. Pay my entry fee and put me in the prem and I will play. It’s very simple. 

Pay your own fee, start in the bottom division, work your way up and you can play. It's very simple.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, Bristolatic said:

Cheers, although my conduct is pretty much all I've got going for me at the moment.  I got ht/ft spot on yesterday and I think the form predictor @singe has still overtaken me to knock me into the relegation zone 😫

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Cheers, although my conduct is pretty much all I've got going for me at the moment.  I got ht/ft spot on yesterday and I think the form predictor @singe has still overtaken me to knock me into the relegation zone 😫

Form is temporary, I've a long way to go before being classed as permanent. Or something like that!!!

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

1 hour ago, singe said:

Form is temporary, I've a long way to go before being classed as permanent. Or something like that!!!

Concentrate on the cup, the league will look after itself, worst case you will not finish bottom, rudemedic is having a mare. 

Archived