Friendlies

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

As an ex scout I can see the potential in him, his movement off the ball, awareness and finishing. Those attributes will draw attention from higher clubs IMO.

As someone whose watched him with my own eyes, I don’t see anything more than a bog standard league two player IMO. Would love to be proved wrong though. 
why don’t you think he’ll be here anyway? Did he play well today?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

As someone whose watched him with my own eyes, I don’t see anything more than a bog standard league two player IMO. Would love to be proved wrong though. 

In that case Im expecting 7 figures for him.

34 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

You see Dearnley as bog standard, but reckon Maouche is the most technically gifted player in the division? :laught16:

5 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Yes, exactly that. Do you disagree? 

He did ok last year, he was awful the season before. 

Sorry but, yes, I do.

Dearnley certainly had something about him. He works hard, doesn't give up and gives it everything even when it's not going quite right.

Maouche plays when he feels like it. He goes missing too often and only  really "turns up" every half dozen games or so. Two or three decent passes per game and that's it. 

Maouche is only a bench warmer at best IMO, whereas Dearnley would start every game for me, but I guess we all have different views.

22 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Maouche plays when he feels like it. He goes missing too often and only  really "turns up" every half dozen games or so. Two or three decent passes per game and that's it. 

Maouche is only a bench warmer at best IMO, whereas Dearnley would start every game for me, but I guess we all have different views.

Is Maouche still here?

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Sorry but, yes, I do.

Dearnley certainly had something about him. He works hard, doesn't give up and gives it everything even when it's not going quite right.

No professional footballer ‘turns up when they feel like it’. Granted, he doesn’t show his genius every game, but that doesn’t mean a hard working player is better.

Mouche is the only player with the bollocks to take the ball under pressure. Weight of pass spot on.

so this wonder striker is hard working and doesn’t give up! Give him the golden boot now.

7 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

No professional footballer ‘turns up when they feel like it’. Granted, he doesn’t show his genius every game, but that doesn’t mean a hard working player is better.

Mouche is the only player with the bollocks to take the ball under pressure. Weight of pass spot on.

so this wonder striker is hard working and doesn’t give up! Give him the golden boot now.

Did you just say ‘Genius’? 😂😂

I like Maouche, he can be creative, pops up with the odd goal, can’t tackle to save his life though, and has little heading ability. Yet you talk about ‘genius’. Come on, get real.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Did you just say ‘Genius’? 😂😂

I like Maouche, he can be creative, pops up with the odd goal, can’t tackle to save his life though, and has little heading ability. Yet you talk about ‘genius’. Come on, get real.

Yeah the ‘genius‘ comment was probably a bit of an exaggeration to be fair. He does have quality and as you say, creativity that very few have at this level.

Where is he anyway? have him and the other foreigners been around in these friendly games. I noticed fage came on yesterday but not heard anything about the rest of them. 

25 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Yeah the ‘genius‘ comment was probably a bit of an exaggeration to be fair. He does have quality and as you say, creativity that very few have at this level.

Where is he anyway? have him and the other foreigners been around in these friendly games. I noticed fage came on yesterday but not heard anything about the rest of them. 

IIRC Fage is the only one that was still under contract.

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

Wheater didn’t feature at all yesterday. No suggestion of injury so imagine he’s on the move. 

He’s not featured in the starting line up at all, only in the changed teams. He’s on big money so perhaps Kewell’s had a look at him and thinks he has better options, possibly on a lot less money.

It appears our back line has been fairly decent in the friendlies to date and whilst I can’t blame him directly, after coming on in the 2nd game at Nash we did concede a couple of goals apparently from set pieces.

Either that or Abdallah has seen his arse over him and wants him out...perhaps he’s one of the furlough rebels?

I must admit to being made up when we first signed him but after seeing him perform in a blue shirt I have generally been a little underwhelmed with his I’ll just do enough attitude. He’s certainly not the dominant character I was expecting and we’re probably paying over the odds for his services.

If we were to get a fee (I think the 2nd year option was taken) then it’s a no brainer for me and we move on!

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s not featured in the starting line up at all, only in the changed teams. He’s on big money so perhaps Kewell’s had a look at him and thinks he has better options, possibly on a lot less money.

It appears our back line has been fairly decent in the friendlies to date and whilst I can’t blame him directly, after coming on in the 2nd game at Nash we did concede a couple of goals apparently from set pieces.

Either that or Abdallah has seen his arse over him and wants him out...perhaps he’s one of the furlough rebels?

I must admit to being made up when we first signed him but after seeing him perform in a blue shirt I have generally been a little underwhelmed with his I’ll just do enough attitude. He’s certainly not the dominant character I was expecting and we’re probably paying over the odds for his services.

If we were to get a fee (I think the 2nd year option was taken) then it’s a no brainer for me and we move on!

He is one of the lads that refused furlough so that will fuel the being forced out flame. 

Agree on him being disappointing and wouldn’t be to bothered if he went. 

Just now, super_blue said:

He is one of the lads that refused furlough so that will fuel the being forced out flame. 

Agree on him being disappointing and wouldn’t be to bothered if he went. 

If he was on big wages (say 1500/2000 a week)  furlough would of  been a massive pay cut so I understand him saying no. Having said that, he looks like he’s coasted to me and you want and need more than that from your top earners. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If he was on big wages (say 1500/2000 a week)  furlough would of  been a massive pay cut so I understand him saying no. Having said that, he looks like he’s coasted to me and you want and need more than that from your top earners. 

From the career he has had, unless he is shit with money I doubt he’s had to raid his kids piggy bank the last few months.

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agree on the cut it’s a huge difference. I believe he wouldn’t even entertain a short term pay cut either!

He’d have sold his house and kids if Bolton had asked the same question though.  😆

Archived