Friendlies

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Yeah the ‘genius‘ comment was probably a bit of an exaggeration to be fair. He does have quality and as you say, creativity that very few have at this level.

Where is he anyway? have him and the other foreigners been around in these friendly games. I noticed fage came on yesterday but not heard anything about the rest of them. 

I don’t know where he is. It’s a bit of a puzzle. A bit of communication from the club would be helpful. 

40 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Blackpool friendly on Saturday cancelled as they have brought their league cup tie forward 

I know they've said they are organising another practice match, but I am very concerned we are going to be nowhere near the levels we need to be at come the Orient match - I'm sure they started training at least 2 weeks before we did...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know they've said they are organising another practice match, but I am very concerned we are going to be nowhere near the levels we need to be at come the Orient match - I'm sure they started training at least 2 weeks before we did...

i think we were a bit undercooked last season too Lee, a trip to Morocco and then a couple of friendlies at home to non-league opposition was not what was required to hit the ground running. 

Don't like to be too critical about pre-season but our games so far appear to have been training games of different durations rather than any 90 minute game under true match conditions  

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

But we beat Forest. Champions, no?

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And we are still at least 6 players short of a competitive squad (7 if Wheater goes) who if we sign them won’t have much gelling time 

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Do we know what sort of side they put out? 

Comfortable in possession, Latics played against a first-half Forest side that featured the likes of Michael Dawson, Sammy Ameobi, Lewis Grabban, Matty Cash, Brice Samba along with recent additions Lyle Taylor and Tyler Blackett.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And we are still at least 6 players short of a competitive squad (7 if Wheater goes) who if we sign them won’t have much gelling time 

I was interviewed for a podcast last week and I said a minimum of 6-8 players needed, but it will be more if you take into account the possibility that Woods, Wheater and Hamer could be off...

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was interviewed for a podcast last week and I said a minimum of 6-8 players needed, but it will be more if you take into account the possibility that Woods, Wheater and Hamer could be off...

If those three were to leave and no more came in we would start with the following team against Carlisle:

Lawlor, Fage, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Keillor-Dunn, Grant, McEleny, Rowe, Dearnley plus anyone from Parker, Milovanovic, Hope.. if they sign...

😮 scary 

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

If those three were to leave and no more came in we would start with the following team against Carlisle:

Lawlor, Fage, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Keillor-Dunn, Grant, McEleny, Rowe, Dearnley plus anyone from Parker, Milovanovic, Hope.. if they sign...

😮 scary 

You say scary. But that team is genuinely much better than the one we put out against FGR start of last season. 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You say scary. But that team is genuinely much better than the one we put out against FGR start of last season. 

Woods, Hamer, Wheater, Sefil, Iacovitti, Mills, Sylla, Missilou, Maouche Branger, Wilson

Versus

Lawlor, Fage, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Keillor-Dunn, Grant, McEleny, Rowe, Dearnley plus anyone from Parker, Milovanovic, Hope.. 

😮 a tough call! Or maybe not!

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Woods, Hamer, Wheater, Sefil, Iacovitti, Mills, Sylla, Missilou, Maouche Branger, Wilson

Versus

Lawlor, Fage, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Keillor-Dunn, Grant, McEleny, Rowe, Dearnley plus anyone from Parker, Milovanovic, Hope.. 

Good god Id forgotten just how wank last seasons team were 

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😮 scary 

They've got to be hoping nearly all the trialists who featured on Saturday sign, if HK thinks they are good enough (plus some loans)! Have we got until the end of September before the transfer window closes?

46 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Versus

Sefil gives me shivers. 

Worst CB to ever play for the club ? 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

You missed something special very special.

A member of the playing staff when he signed told me he wouldn't get in the Royton Town side. By the time I finally got to a game last season (Exeter at home), he had been put on the scrapheap...

Archived