Joe Royle Stand - Season Tickets

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think once those shares got diluted and it was announced there was a deal in principle for AL to buy the ground, there wasn't much left for the FLG was there?

Do you know. I often wonder with the benefit of hindsight, would Brookes and Co do again what they've done? 

It's not worked out too good for all concerned and I can't help but think they were driven by one up manship 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lags said:

Do you know. I often wonder with the benefit of hindsight, would Brookes and Co do again what they've done? 

It's not worked out too good for all concerned and I can't help but think they were driven by one up manship 

You might be right when it comes to the shares. 

But on the ground they came across as genuine. And if you have split ownership of club and ground, I could see the benefit of having fans as landlord as opposed to Blitz. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

You might be right when it comes to the shares. 

But on the ground they came across as genuine. And if you have split ownership of club and ground, I could see the benefit of having fans as landlord as opposed to Blitz. 

I think it run deeper than that for the people involved. I could only ever see tears. And so it passes. 

1 hour ago, Lags said:

it was all very predictable... 

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve already sent her 2 emails, (the first of which she has replied) and also spoken to her highlighting the importance of having the stand up and running. She replied to the 2nd email on Monday of this week asking for my phone number.

I am still waiting for a call!

She’s very diplomatic and extremely helpful but I’m sensing she has no clout whatsoever in regards to the North Stand.

I emailed her and she said the issues in North Stand are the CCTV to the police box why this still hasn’t been sorted is laughable 

12 hours ago, Lags said:

What?. Have you not read my posts. Just for you.... Al for me has made mistakes.... My opinion hasn't changed. How many times?. 

This obviously shows your intolerance to any other narrative than your own. 

Ive read what you have had to say thank you and its a load of rubbish. This whole shambles shows he is not learning anything at all I expected you to have the intelligence to see through this obviously I overestimated you.

Now seriously Lags why do we have a building that is perfectly safe to use for a variety of other purposes but not football, which the club takes the economic risks and rewards and where the club itself has the safety certificate for?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ive read what you have had to say thank you and its a load of rubbish. This whole shambles shows he is not learning anything at all I expected you to have the intelligence to see through this obviously I overestimated you.

Now seriously Lags why do we have a building that is perfectly safe to use for a variety of other purposes but not football, which the club takes the economic risks and rewards and where the club itself has the safety certificate for?

Why make it a character attack? When you question someone's intelligence make sure you're right. I am afraid the rubbish is contained in your response. 

Let me clear things up for you. It's the council that's closed the North stand for football purposes. Not the club. The club don't own the building. Brassbank do. So any work the council require doing to satisfy their requirements must be completed by whom? I've left that answer blank to enable you  to redeem esteem. 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Why make it a character attack? When you question someone's intelligence make sure you're right. I am afraid the rubbish is contained in your response. 

Let me clear things up for you. It's the council that's closed the North stand for football purposes. Not the club. The club don't own the building. Brassbank do. So any work the council require doing to satisfy their requirements must be completed by whom? I've left that answer blank to enable you  to redeem esteem. 

Perhaps they think if you're not going to pay your rent then why should we carry out and shell out the cost of the work?

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps they think if you're not going to pay your rent then why should we carry out and shell out the cost of the work?

I suppose the reverse argument would be “why should we pay you rent if you aren’t going to do the work”

I agree though 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes. I've repeatedly said it's a mess. The fans are rightly pissed off with the situation at the club. However it's not all down to the club and I am asking for balance and not this witch hunt on here. 

The witch hunt is hurting the club by effecting opinion more in not attending matches

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Yes. I've repeatedly said it's a mess. The fans are rightly pissed off with the situation at the club. However it's not all down to the club and I am asking for balance and not this witch hunt on here. 

The witch hunt is hurting the club by effecting opinion more in not attending matches

Ultimately though Lags it is only the club/owner who are leaking goodwill through this standoff so you have to think the onus is on them to get it resolved.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ultimately though Lags it is only the club/owner who are leaking goodwill through this standoff so you have to think the onus is on them to get it resolved.

Said it elsewhere I find it astonishing that the former owner who syphoned off all the profit bearing assets gets less blame. That's just me though

Just now, WLYOWD said:

Because that’s how I perceive your replies to other posters.

You can't please everyone. Maybe you perceive my replies from your view point that's opposite mine. One things for sure, others make it personal, I don't. So that's good isn't it? 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Said it elsewhere I find it astonishing that the former owner who syphoned off all the profit bearing assets gets less blame. That's just me though

I think it’s gone beyond who’s to blame, it just needs the people involved to act professionally and sit down together and sort it out

2 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

I think it’s gone beyond who’s to blame, it just needs the people involved to act professionally and sit down together and sort it out

Agreed. However there certainly is a blame game played out daily on here

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

For many that is old news, something we can't change.

In the here and now folk see a stand that was abruptly closed for reasons that aren't clear with no sign of it reopening and rightly or wrongly the finger of blame is pointed firmly at the owner of the football club.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

For many that is old news, something we can't change.

In the here and now folk see a stand that was abruptly closed for reasons that aren't clear with no sign of it reopening and rightly or wrongly the finger of blame is pointed firmly at the owner of the football club.

Yes I see that on here daily. I just question whether it's entirely right or fair to do so. 

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

You can't please everyone. Maybe you perceive my replies from your view point that's opposite mine. One things for sure, others make it personal, I don't. So that's good isn't it? 

Yes, not making debate on here  personal is definitely good.

Just now, longtimeblue said:

The safety aspect is a smokescreen isn't it? Surely the main issue still is, as it always was, who's benefiting and who's losing out. That's the main obstacle?

One thing is certain - we are losing out on a lot of revenue from those boxes as it stands now.  I doubt some sandwiches and warm beer in a windowless 100 plus year shed is a fair comparison 

53 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

This 100%. Couldn't give a flying one who is to blame, just fix it like adults should. 

Behaviour hardly befitting of a professional football club it really isn't. No wonder we are all sick to the back teeth of the infantile banal behaviour that is going on   

Archived