Joe Royle Stand - Season Tickets

Yesterday I sent Natalie this email shown below with her reply.

Hi Natalie

I have 2 season tickets in the Joe Royle Stand. I am aware that for whatever reason the JR stand is not currently going to open. However when I log on the website is letting me renew my seats in the JR stand. 

Obviously I don’t want to purchase them to then be told they are not available.

Could you please confirm the situation regarding the JR stand and also inform fellow fans of the situation.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael 

Many thanks for the email.

The Joe Royle is still off sale, the online system shouldn’t allow you.

As soon as we can we will update fans at to the completion of the safety issues that the OEC has to put in place as indicated by Oldham Council.

Your seats are reserved, either myself or our Supporter Services Manager are happy to discuss further.

Kind regards 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long have they had to tell fans what the safety issues are? No doubt there are three parties arguing with each other, as to whose responsibility it is to put these issues right, whilst the most important people (the fans) are left totally disregarded. It's pathetic.

According to her reply  the OEC have to put the safety issues right  indicating that it is not the clubs responsibility to sort them out. Anyone from the OEC  care to comment or is it the usual tit for tat stand off between them  they both a joke 

21 minutes ago, Handsy said:

According to her reply  the OEC have to put the safety issues right  indicating that it is not the clubs responsibility to sort them out. Anyone from the OEC  care to comment or is it the usual tit for tat stand off between them  they both a joke 

Yet according to Barry at the fans forum - match day safety was the responsibility of the safety certificate holder which is not the OEC.  Prior to lockdown that stand was open for everything apart from football matches - to this date the shop and gym still are operating so how unsafe can it be?  If it is purely something affecting only matchaday the FA stadium safety guide states that

”responsibility for the safety of spectators lies at all times with the ground management. The management will normally be the owner or the lessee of the ground”

we lease it on match days 

As I have said previously 12 months to unchain a door? It’s all bollocks 

19 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The. Club. Don't. Care. About. You.

To me the club stopped caring when Alan Hardy left.   

The situation of the North Stand is a joke, but it's been a joke since the start when they were selling season tickets for it before it was even ready. 

30 minutes ago, Lags said:

I was a Chaddy ender, the place I wanted to watch matches from. Now I can't, so I watch it in another stand. Not the end of the world.

I was a Chaddy ender too and vowed never to go when turfed out of my end, only to relent and purchase season tickets every year since.

The difference is that this spat between the parties concerned is not only inconveniencing supporters who wish to avail themselves of their chosen seat and the facilities to hand but also losing desperately needed income which could be the difference between survival and the abyss.

I'm not really interested in who's right or wrong and the posturing and/or loss of face it's just bloody stupidity to waste the facility and the potential income it could generate and whoever's heads need banging together it should be done without delay.

I repeat it's just bloody stupid !

I wrote to Natalie months ago,  stating that until the North stand fiasco was resolved,  and fans could buy tickets , and actually sit there, that I would not be renewing my Main stand season ticket. I never got a reply. 

And the farce goes on. And it will continue to be so until the ground, stands, name and complete infrastructure are owned by the same person or group.

There is no incentive for anyone to buy a season ticket for lots of reasons,  but the club look to be hell bent on making it as difficult as possible for any of us to continue our love and affection for the club.

The present running of the club is at an all time low, and is scandalous. 

4 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I wrote to Natalie months ago,  stating that until the North stand fiasco was resolved,  and fans could buy tickets , and actually sit there, that I would not be renewing my Main stand season ticket. I never got a reply. 

This can't be true. She was getting big praise for answering the phone and replying to emails about two weeks ago...

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I was a Chaddy ender, the place I wanted to watch matches from. Now I can't, so I watch it in another stand. Not the end of the world.

yes, on the same basis that one minor symptom may not be a cause for concern when looked at in isolation but could be indicative of a terminal illness when looked at i the round.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

This can't be true. She was getting big praise for answering the phone and replying to emails about two weeks ago...

She's got no chance of papering over these cracks.  Give her some credit for trying.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

yes, on the same basis that one minor symptom may not be a cause for concern when looked at in isolation but could be indicative of a terminal illness when looked at i the round.

I thought this was about the Joe Royle stand, but I am fully aware each thread gets muddled as it goes along.

10 minutes ago, Lags said:

I thought this was about the Joe Royle stand, but I am fully aware each thread gets muddled as it goes along.

It was.  You were saying it's no big deal.  I'm saying it can't be viewed in isolation.

Archived