Latics vs Lincoln streamed friendly

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You wanted to give him credit for keeping the club afloat.  I'd rather ask the question about why money is needed to keep the club afloat - if it's Corney related debt that's one thing, if it's because he's running the business at a lot then that's another thing.  There are things he could be doing that would see a rise in income.  You seem to suggest he shouldn't have to do those things, the fans should just buy anyway.

Sorry @Chaddyexile84!

If I seem to suggest that, then let me clear that up, it's a 2 way street. I don't see much encouragement on here either. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You wanted to give him credit for keeping the club afloat.  I'd rather ask the question about why money is needed to keep the club afloat - if it's Corney related debt that's one thing, if it's because he's running the business at a lot then that's another thing.  There are things he could be doing that would see a rise in income.  You seem to suggest he shouldn't have to do those things, the fans should just buy anyway.

Sorry @Chaddyexile84!

I know you care about employees and how we are run, and nobody wants to see the staff get shafted. However, how many lapsed fans are not going because *Claire in accounts is getting her wages paid a week late? The vast majority don’t go because we’re shit.  Not because of internal wage payments.

IF and it is a massive IF AL carries on recruiting in the manner he has over the last 6/9 months, and leaves Harry Kewell alone then fans will slowly  come back. That is the main thing he needs to do. You can have the best run club in the country but it doesn’t matter to the average fan if the football is awful. 

If Kewell starts well, *Claire in accounts will be on nobody’s mind.

It was ever thus. 

*Claire is fictitious character used for the purposes of storytelling, she is not real nor she is a source.  

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know you care about employees and how we are run, and nobody wants to see the staff get shafted. However, how many lapsed fans are not going because *Claire in accounts is getting her wages paid a week late? The vast majority don’t go because we’re shit.  Not because of internal wage payments.

IF and it is a massive IF AL carries on recruiting in the manner he has over the last 6/9 months, and leaves Harry Kewell alone then fans will slowly  come back. That is the main thing he needs to do. You can have the best run club in the country but it doesn’t matter to the average fan if the football is awful. 

If Kewell starts well, *Claire in accounts will be on nobody’s mind.

It was ever thus. 

*Claire is fictitious character used for the purposes of storytelling, she is not real nor she is a source.  

A well run club has a better chance of success on the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A well run club has a better chance of success on the pitch. 

Many thought that about Wigan, Sheff Wednesday....

We all have a part to play and, to be honest, a fair bit of luck for the club to be successful.  A solid foundation is an owner who invests wisely, a decent manager, a squad of players who care and fans who support the team.  I genuinely think lessons have been learnt and we are going in the right direction.  

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Then urge your fellow fans to buy an ST. Not on here hey. 

It's improved, who's to say it won't continue on that good path?. You carry on being negative, I'll choose another road. 

Argh yes the shut up and give us your money line.

You keep that head buried in the sand I'll just look at the actual realiof the situation.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Argh yes the shut up and give us your money line.

You keep that head buried in the sand I'll just look at the actual realiof the situation.

I would suggest the reality is that AL is investing thousands every week to keep the club solvent. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course. 

That’s not my point though. 

You care about off the pitch. 

The vast majority don’t. 

It was my point, not yours. I care about off the pitch BECAUSE I think doing that bit well gives us a better chance on the pitch. 

And because I have a bit of fucking empathy for the likes of fictional Claire in accounts. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It was my point, not yours. I care about off the pitch BECAUSE I think doing that bit well gives us a better chance on the pitch. 

And because I have a bit of fucking empathy for the likes of fictional Claire in accounts. 

The moment I met you, I swear...

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If we start well and the football is decent will you go to games? (If covid allows) 

Maybe but if we can't pay Claire from accounts wages then it will just be another false dawn as players will have to be sold and probablywant to leave as they arent getting paid on time.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

At least it's a considered position, rather than blind loyalty.

I've offered considered all the way through. I've acknowledged the errors equally. If following the shite endured these past 20 plus years out of blind loyalty to my club is what you refer to,  that will continue and nor will I apologise for it.  

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Maybe but if we can't pay Claire from accounts wages then it will just be another false dawn as players will have to be sold and probablywant to leave as they arent getting paid on time.

I think Dawn works in the Ticket Office.......

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

😂😂

IM GLAD YOU PUT IN CAPITALS. IT MAKES YOUR POINT MORE VALID. 

I understood you the first time, but that’s just how you feel. And IMO that’s a minority view, and it’s not why fans aren’t turning up. You’ll also note that I said- ‘ no one wants to see staff get shafted’ but you ignored that to go on a rant about a strangers lack of empathy.  

I think you’re better than that. 

Most fans don’t support staff at a football club. They support a football team. Get that element right- and rightly or wrongly most fans are happy. 

24 minutes ago, Lags said:

I've offered considered all the way through. I've acknowledged the errors equally. If following the shite endured these past 20 plus years out of blind loyalty to my club is what you refer to,  that will continue and nor will I apologise for it.  

Indeed. I didn't ask for an apology. Enjoy your evening.

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

IM GLAD YOU PUT IN CAPITALS. IT MAKES YOUR POINT MORE VALID. 

I understood you the first time, but that’s just how you feel. And IMO that’s a minority view, and it’s not why fans aren’t turning up. You’ll also note that I said- ‘ no one wants to see staff get shafted’ but you ignored that to go on a rant about a strangers lack of empathy.  

I think you’re better than that. 

Most fans don’t support staff at a football club. They support a football team. Get that element right- and rightly or wrongly most fans are happy. 

Sigh. Wasn’t trying to make my point more valid, just trying to put a bit of emphasis in like you would in conversation. Could have gone with bold. Or underlined I suppose. 

Everything you say after “I understood you the first time” suggests you didn’t. But I think for my own sanity I’ll leave it there. In fact I think I need to step away from commenting for a while for the same reason. Season starts soon, fingers crossed the good results continue. 

Archived