Latics vs Lincoln streamed friendly

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

‘a footballer is moaning that he’ll only get 2 grand a week’.

Actually Chris it’s only £2500 a month on furlough however I agree with you totally, providing this is the reason for the conflict. As Bristol has said we don’t really know if this is the case....AL has history with this sort of thing and may just be trying to get the high earners out of the club!

Yes your right but even 2500 a month is more than the majority of the country. And my biggest bug on this site (I'm far from Al's biggest fan) is that when it comes to AL, everything is solid news, fact. When it comes to the players, its oh well we dont know for certain if that's true because those rumours about AL that arent backed up but are fact, make it seem like it could be Al's fault.... and in this current climate I think a lot of clubs will be getting their high earners off the bill. It could well be Al's fault and I could be wrong, it could be wheaters fault. I'm going off what I've heard and what I've read on here which make it seem like Wheater is just being greedy. But those same people will say wheater is right to demand what the rest of the country can't have and it's all ALs fault. AL needs to go but on this one I'll support him 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Yes your right but even 2500 a month is more than the majority of the country. And my biggest bug on this site (I'm far from Al's biggest fan) is that when it comes to AL, everything is solid news, fact. When it comes to the players, its oh well we dont know for certain if that's true because those rumours about AL that arent backed up but are fact, make it seem like it could be Al's fault.... and in this current climate I think a lot of clubs will be getting their high earners off the bill. It could well be Al's fault and I could be wrong, it could be wheaters fault. I'm going off what I've heard and what I've read on here which make it seem like Wheater is just being greedy. But those same people will say wheater is right to demand what the rest of the country can't have and it's all ALs fault. AL needs to go but on this one I'll support him 

I can only speak for myself on this, but I look at everything that happens and when I don't know the facts I'll give an opinion based on the balance of probability.  We've had very little info on this other than there being a dispute over top up.  Some feel he shouldn't be asking for any top up over the furlough maximum and I fully understand that opinion.  I agree to a certain extent, but people's personal circumstances are always different so I don't feel like it's right to condemn Wheater until more is known about it.  

But what is absolutely true (based on direct quotes from the people involved), is that there are several instances of issues being created or at best exaggerated to enable AL to manoeuvre high earners out of the club when he wants to save some money.  He doesn't seem to have disputes that are then resolved, once it starts there is no way back.  So based on past experience, it looks like the club captain and our one player with a huge amount of experience at a higher level is on his way out. I would have thought a compromise or resolution could be found, but that appears to not be how AL does things.  Which is harmful to the football club and means he'll get criticism from me for it.

4 hours ago, Lags said:

I've posted this before, clearly it's been ignored. 

I bumped into an old mate of mine who's son once was on the clubs books. Now at City, who paid latics 20K at the time. As we chatted about various things he got on to the troubles at latics and the discontent with the owner etc. He told me he'd been talking to a club employee who told him, he'd never been paid on time more often in years since Al took over. 

Not a popular view, but a true story. 

That IS the popular view isn’t it? That employees have been paid late more since AL bought the club.... one of the reasons there is such discontent with him (AL)?

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

That IS the popular view isn’t it? That employees have been paid late more since AL bought the club.... one of the reasons there is such discontent with him (AL)?

Maybe my wording is poor. This employee told my mate he's been paid more on time since Al took over than previously.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Maybe my wording is poor. This employee told my mate he's been paid more on time since Al took over than previously.

I see. Short of being ‘good’, that would be an improvement. Would you say we’ve had more or less disputes with employees since AL took over?

26 minutes ago, Lags said:

Is it not an improvement?

It is an improvement.  And we should give credit to AL for causing financial stress and hardship to his employees on a less frequent basis than Corney did.

40 minutes ago, Lags said:

Of course not, again something we all know. The point is, it's better than it was...is it not? 

We also know the club has had it's final warning too.

Right Its not good enough and we shouldn't be on our final warning. Apart from the negative effect on staff morale how can the club progress if we are struggling to make payroll every month? 

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Right Its not good enough and we shouldn't be on our final warning. Apart from the negative effect on staff morale how can the club progress if we are struggling to make payroll every month? 

Then urge your fellow fans to buy an ST. Not on here hey. 

It's improved, who's to say it won't continue on that good path?. You carry on being negative, I'll choose another road. 

25 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It is an improvement.  And we should give credit to AL for causing financial stress and hardship to his employees on a less frequent basis than Corney did.

No, you should give him credit on the improvement and keeping the club afloat 

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

Out of interest, what %age of the losses he is having to cover to keep the club afloat are related to debts incurred before he took over?

I like an AL bashing as much as anyone but can we please... For once let a thread run by the topic title and not turn into another AL out/AL is the second coming debate 

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Out of interest, what %age of the losses he is having to cover to keep the club afloat are related to debts incurred before he took over?

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not a clue. Or are you going to come back with we don't know the clubs losing money? 

15 minutes ago, Lags said:

Not a clue. Or are you going to come back with we don't know the clubs losing money? 

You wanted to give him credit for keeping the club afloat.  I'd rather ask the question about why money is needed to keep the club afloat - if it's Corney related debt that's one thing, if it's because he's running the business at a lot then that's another thing.  There are things he could be doing that would see a rise in income.  You seem to suggest he shouldn't have to do those things, the fans should just buy anyway.

Sorry @Chaddyexile84!

33 minutes ago, Lags said:

Then urge your fellow fans to buy an ST. Not on here hey. 

It's improved, who's to say it won't continue on that good path?. You carry on being negative, I'll choose another road. 

I'd rather see how this is going to play out. I've no intention of buying a ST, but there is the possibility of me paying match by match. 

10 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Urge fellow fans to buy ST, praise AL for keeping the club afloat. 

Deny it all you want, but you're a double agent.

Put it into context by also quoting what I was answering. Praise? Who said that. I think I said credit. 

The more you kick a placid dog, one day he believes he's bad and will bite you. Pat and pet that same dog and he'll want to please you. It's simple really. 

Archived