MATCH: vs Cheltenham Town (A) 26/01/21

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Is it true what they said on the commentary that he has to pass it to the centre backs because he can’t kick it far enough from a goal kick ? If so get bloody rid now, pointless. 

I think they commended him once for kicking it long down the pitch.

Got to take the positives where you can get them..

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Is it true what they said on the commentary that he has to pass it to the centre backs because he can’t kick it far enough from a goal kick ? If so get bloody rid now, pointless. 

That's not how I heard it. I thought it was more a tongue in cheek comment that he might be doing it because he doesn't have a huge kick on him. I don't think his kicking is any worse than most other keepers.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

That's not how I heard it. I thought it was more a tongue in cheek comment that he might be doing it because he doesn't have a huge kick on him. I don't think his kicking is any worse than most other keepers.

I'd be happier if he could actually catch a ball.

43 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Definitely our best losing performance.  It was even until the Williams goal but they've shut us down really well since.

We've got the most talented players on the pitch (as well as the shittest of course).  But they give up a bit of individual talent for shape and discipline and as a result they look like a proper unit.

Yes, did you notice how Cheltenham players closed down quickly as other team mates ran into space.

We ball watch and clear it anywhere.

That's a well drilled side, something we never look with all the chopping and changing HK does.

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The less said about the club commentators inability to read a football game the better. 

Even first half but poor performance and distinctly second best thereafter. I lost count the number of times the commentator said ‘loose’ pass. 

Sadly the two players who made the main difference on Saturday were well off the pace tonight. Both Adams and Hilssner faded badly in the second half as did Jameson. DKD was woeful from the off and was rightly subbed.

Too many had poor games and we were easily beaten in the end.

Disappointing.

Very disappointing last night. We carry far too many players who are incapable of passing the ball to a fellow Latics player. Bahambolou was the most ineffective I have seen him (we can probably forgive that based on his form so far this season), Jameson doesn't convince me and I still think we are missing a trick not playing Adams inside (although I am well aware our remaining right backs are poor). No doubt it will be 6 changes again for Tinkerman Kewell on Saturday...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Very disappointing last night. We carry far too many players who are incapable of passing the ball to a fellow Latics player. Bahambolou was the most ineffective I have seen him (we can probably forgive that based on his form so far this season), Jameson doesn't convince me and I still think we are missing a trick not playing Adams inside (although I am well aware our remaining right backs are poor). No doubt it will be 6 changes again for Tinkerman Kewell on Saturday...

Probably will be, but Garrity seems always to escape the drop.

Strange that Adams and Baha linked up so well on the right hand side, then the next game he decides to play two wingers up front.

Kewell is weird, no wonder the team isn’t consistent when the manager isn’t consistent. Strange to decision to play Jameson, strange decision to play Jombati at left back. McAleny up top against 3 big centre half’s. Garrity starting. Can’t get my head around some of his decisions. 

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange that Adams and Baha linked up so well on the right hand side, then the next game he decides to play two wingers up front.

Kewell is weird, no wonder the team isn’t consistent when the manager isn’t consistent. Strange to decision to play Jameson, strange decision to play Jombati at left back. McAleny up top against 3 big centre half’s. Garrity starting. Can’t get my head around some of his decisions. 

🎰

We could field a team of wingers l reckon 

At the end of training we probs play wingers v rest of squad for 20mins then go for lunch

Kewell has had a good playing career and played under some world class managers. So why he can’t see what us peasants are seeing when it comes to tactics and team selections is beyond me. 

Archived