Not won away in 4 games
7 points from last 24 available

Crawley:
1 win in 6 games
Not won in 5 games
Not scored for 2 games
11 points from the last 24 available

Referee: JAMES ADCOCK.
First appiontment in a Latics match this season.

EFL appointments 2-6 April

ref0404.png

>> Prediction League: https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again.

Latics now on a run of one win in nine - Crawley have one win in six....😮 

It doesn’t augur well for an open game.

i expect a couple of changes at least with CBJ in for Badan and Diarra in to bolster the midfield. The big question is whether Bahamboula is available? Whatever the starting eleven, I’m hoping for an improvement from the Good Friday shambles. I am also hoping that Curle does away with this ‘false 9’ experiment as it quite clearly isn’t working.

I’ll take a win.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Here we go again.

Latics now on a run of one win in nine - Crawley have one win in six....😮 

It doesn’t augur well for an open game.

i expect a couple of changes at least with CBJ in for Badan and Diarra in to bolster the midfield. The big question is whether Bahamboula is available? Whatever the starting eleven, I’m hoping for an improvement from the Good Friday shambles. I am also hoping that Curle does away with this ‘false 9’ experiment as it quite clearly isn’t working.

I’ll take a win.

Yeah I agree with a lot of that, CBJ for Badan works although Jameson also had a poor game on Friday.

Diarra to sit in front of the back three kind of makes sense.  It might give Whelan and McCalmont a bit more freedom to get forward.  Garrity probably shouldn't start anyway but I can't see him starting twice in four days after a long time out injured.

I really hope Bahamboula is back because we are desperately short on attacking options.  DKD and McAleny are probably the only other options and neither are physical enough to be a constant thorn in the side of the Crawley defence.  Whether it's in midfield or attack, Hilßner doesn't deserve to start on current form.

Walker

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Diarra

Adams

Whelan

McCalmont

CBJ

Bahamboula

McAleny

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

Anyone have an update on Blackwood, Dearnley, Barnes or Grant? 

Some brutal comments aimed at all of the above at various times over this miserable season of non achievement.

Most agree Zak Dearnley is a great prospect, albeit with an increasingly worrying injury record. Worth persevering with in my opinion.

As for Marcus Barnes, has only played minutes here and there, has also been blighted by injury. 

When Marcus Barnes has played, the skill is evident, as is his pace and ability to cross. Writing off a product of a well renowned academy system before he has played a string of games is surely too harsh?

I doubt we will see much of him again in a Latics shirt but it would be a bonus to see him back in my view.

14 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Some brutal comments aimed at all of the above at various times over this miserable season of non achievement.

Most agree Zak Dearnley is a great prospect, albeit with an increasingly worrying injury record. Worth persevering with in my opinion.

As for Marcus Barnes, has only played minutes here and there, has also been blighted by injury. 

When Marcus Barnes has played, the skill is evident, as is his pace and ability to cross. Writing off a product of a well renowned academy system before he has played a string of games is surely too harsh?

I doubt we will see much of him again in a Latics shirt but it would be a bonus to see him back in my view.

He’s what 23 ? Reason why no one has taken him and he’s played 0 games. Waste of a wage on a tight budget like ours 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s what 23 ? Reason why no one has taken him and he’s played 0 games. Waste of a wage on a tight budget like ours 

Totally agree, and he's looked like a headless chicken when I've seen him.  Don't care which academy he came through.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Totally agree, and he's looked like a headless chicken when I've seen him.  Don't care which academy he came through.

He could be the best prospect from the Barcelona academy, but if he can’t play on a Saturday or Tuesday on a consistent basis he’s useless. 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You may be correct, I havent seen enough of him to offer a balanced opinion.

We are in a desperate situation, taking a punt on cast offs or hidden gems from obscure foreign leagues.

Our keeper, with no prior league games at age 31 ?!?! appears to have worked out ok.

28 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Interesting who will be wing backs with the back 3, obviously Adams and Hilssner being rested but no bite in midfield again. Get CBJ away from defence because he can't.

Probably both dropped and deservedly so. I've been very disappointed with Adams since his first couple of games... 

Surprised Adams is out, we will be weaker defensively without him.

Fairly sure CBJ will remind everyone why they were asking for him to be dropped week after week.

I'm still not convinced by Walker either.  He's made more mistakes and dropped more balls than Lawlor did in half a season, but seems to get a free pass because he has a cute back story and has made a couple of good diving saves.  He's like a less reliable Placide.

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If it’s Marcus Barnes you’re talking about, then he’s played 66 minutes in total coming on 4 times as a substitute. 

I’m not sure that’s enough playing time to make an accurate assessment.

fwiw I reckon that he looked promising no more.

Just now, TheBigDog said:

If it’s Marcus Barnes you’re talking about, then he’s played 66 minutes in total coming on 4 times as a substitute. 

I’m not sure that’s enough playing time to make an accurate assessment.

fwiw I reckon that he looked promising no more.

Maybe not but with his career record it's for him to prove.

Archived