BPAS PODCAST: 10th May '21 Episode 34: Sell the Club

And so, the end is here but will AL and Mo be seeing the final curtain? As yet another disastrous season under the Lemsagams comes to end, we reflect on a season that can only end with one, simple message...sell the club!

CONTAINS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE!

Please help us do the work we do by visiting www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing and looking in our online shop. We'll be adding more products in the coming weeks and months and would be grateful if you purchased the odd one or two to show your support!

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This podcast is all over the place. It reflects our season in many ways.

However it does, in its ramshackle way, capture the current mood and accurately reprises the horror show of the season just ended. Once it settles down it is an entertaining listen.

‘We are one of the shittest teams in the country’ sort of sums it up for me...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This podcast is all over the place. It reflects our season in many ways.

However it does, in its ramshackle way, capture the current mood and accurately reprises the horror show of the season just ended. Once it settles down it is an entertaining listen.

‘We are one of the shittest teams in the country’ sort of sums it up for me...

😂 We had said this during the podcast, which like you say was almost fitting to the season as a whole! 

Glad it comes across well. 

57 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

😂 We had said this during the podcast, which like you say was almost fitting to the season as a whole! 

Glad it comes across well. 

Always worth remembering that Harry Kewell says he had final say in all football matters, including recruitment...

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Always worth remembering that Harry Kewell says he had final say in all football matters, including recruitment...

And that Keith Curle says that when the team performs badly it is down to him...👀

I'm intrigued as to how someone as young as Thomas has become so passionate about the club having never seen anything worth celebrating in his lifetime.  Still hope when the bug can bite as deep as that in times like these.

A good listen.

I do wonder, however, if things would actually be that toxic if we were allowed in the ground at the moment - we’ve been shite for over two decades I can’t recall one incident where the fans at Boundary Park have really let the ownership know how dissatisfied we are. Plus, there’s less fans now than there’s ever been which makes it less likely..

I’d also protest whether the owners are there or not. It’s not about them - they clearly don’t give a fuck what the fans think - it’s about making literally and metaphorical noise that might capture some media exposure for the club and highlight the problems of club ownership at this level..

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Also worth noting that we were 12th when Frankie Bunn was sacked, just been hit for 6 and playing some terrible football...

If we sacked managers just for terrible football they'd be on their 90th rather than their 9th

Good listen.

Particularly enjoyed the gallows humour of how unbelievably shit we are, and also questioning if AL can keep it up. . 😂😂

A few things are clear after one of lads said, ‘there has been four bids turned down in the last 12 months’

They aren’t going anywhere

They’ll never listen or change

Protest is coming

I actually feel quite galvanised to do something about protesting next season, and as the lads said would back anything that brings a media focus to our demise. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Good listen.

Particularly enjoyed the gallows humour of how unbelievably shit we are, and also questioning if AL can keep it up. . 😂😂

A few things are clear after one of lads said, ‘there has been four bids turned down in the last 12 months’

They aren’t going anywhere

They’ll never listen or change

Protest is coming

I actually feel quite galvanised to do something about it next season, and as the lads said would back anything that brings a focus onto our demise. 

People have their views on those who “fund the regime” with season tickets - I’ve said elsewhere my £200 will count towards paying little more than the electric bill

My seat right behind the box will be used to tell these charlatans exactly what I think of them every 2 Saturdays and the odd Tuesday until they ban me - so end of August probs 

23 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

People have their views on those who “fund the regime” with season tickets - I’ve said elsewhere my £200 will count towards paying little more than the electric bill

My seat right behind the box will be used to tell these charlatans exactly what I think of them every 2 Saturdays and the odd Tuesday until they ban me - so end of August probs 

The last one who tried that was marched away by stewards.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Also worth noting that we were 12th when Frankie Bunn was sacked, just been hit for 6 and playing some terrible football...

He had the same problem as the rest, Mo's recruitments.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The last one who tried that was marched away by stewards.

Very true but as long as I am not abusive in my protestations they will struggle to remove me as “reasonable force” wouldn’t apply and the police would be reluctant to help 

Yes they can argue it’s their discretion who they let in but putting hands on someone without valid reason is a minefield most stewards working for £4:50 an hour or whatever minimum wage is probably won’t want to step on.

The guy who was marched away allowed himself to be - I wouldn’t be so accommodating 

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

A good listen.

I do wonder, however, if things would actually be that toxic if we were allowed in the ground at the moment - we’ve been shite for over two decades I can’t recall one incident where the fans at Boundary Park have really let the ownership know how dissatisfied we are. Plus, there’s less fans now than there’s ever been which makes it less likely..

I’d also protest whether the owners are there or not. It’s not about them - they clearly don’t give a fuck what the fans think - it’s about making literally and metaphorical noise that might capture some media exposure for the club and highlight the problems of club ownership at this level..

There was one incident in the main stand the season before this one when AL was told in no uncertain terms he was ruining the club, it didn't last long as stewards ushered him away.

How right the guy was.

50 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Very true but as long as I am not abusive in my protestations they will struggle to remove me as “reasonable force” wouldn’t apply and the police would be reluctant to help 

Yes they can argue it’s their discretion who they let in but putting hands on someone without valid reason is a minefield most stewards working for £4:50 an hour or whatever minimum wage is probably won’t want to step on.

The guy who was marched away allowed himself to be - I wouldn’t be so accommodating 

I don’t think you’ll be on your own mate, I know ‘the home crowd’ is known for its apathy to protest or similar but I genuinely think the tide is turning. There is already talk of a load trialists turning up, and it will take the first bad result for people to pipe up IMO. 

Whether you go and give him grief or just refuse to give him money to buy more of his shit players of an agent who probably can't get them clubs. You are going to be wearing them down I know they appear to not give a shit what people think but it will wear them down after while.

If anyone is planning to take part in a protest next season Id love to see someone bring a banner saying Cock Piss Lemsagam on it.

Archived