Stalybridge Celtic pre season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chris15Arm said:

I thought he was a lot older than that! Certainly looked older last season the way he was playing. I dont think we would have to beg him to come from being on the bench most of the season for someone in our league. Dont think I'd be excited by his signing though. Looked past it last couple times I've seen him 

Oh yeah I'd like us to be aiming for a better standard of player that goes without saying but looking at the likely quality of player we will be able to bring in it might be as good as it gets.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Oh yeah I'd like us to be aiming for a better standard of player that goes without saying but looking at the likely quality of player we will be able to bring in it might be as good as it gets.

Very true. Although if he's signed purely just to sit in the middle and pass the ball then it might give whelan a bit more of a free reign to create

Leutwiler will not be available until his Canada team get knocked out of the Gold Cup, which has only just started.

Hallam Hope's Barbados were in the final eliminator qualifiers, which were moved to just before the final tournament as a consequence of covid-related delays.

Someone on Twitter says trialist wearing Number 2 is Saul Milovanovic, the Latics fan midfielder who was on trial last summer, but talks didn't result in a deal. He's now left Norwich, so maybe is now a more realistic target.

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No edit button, thought you meant the Stalybridge lad who has looked lost.

Ive asked several times where the edit button has gone with no reply 

my fat thumbs and iPhones awful auto correct means I really need this function 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ive asked several times where the edit button has gone with no reply 

my fat thumbs and iPhones awful auto correct means I really need this function 

Oh good I thought it was just me. 

Any admin want to tell us where the admin button has gone or possibly give a reason?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

0-2 trialist number 2 is from a current EPL club.

The number 2 impresed with his passing ability.

Danns didn't do much.

The trialist number 34 winger was lively again but, should have scored with an easy chance.

First half was absolutely dire. created next to nowt against a very poor oppo. Firman neat and tidy but under no pressure. Not sure if they had some words from curle or not but 2nd half the intensity went up a few levels from that 11 and we looked a lot more purposeful and dangerous. 

14 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

First half was absolutely dire. created next to nowt against a very poor oppo. Firman neat and tidy but under no pressure. Not sure if they had some words from curle or not but 2nd half the intensity went up a few levels from that 11 and we looked a lot more purposeful and dangerous. 

Left back Sam Hart looks a good signing, could easily slot in at centre back too if required.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Left back Sam Hart looks a good signing, could easily slot in at centre back too if required.

yep I thought hart looked decent as well. I’m more confident that curle will get us the right type of player than what we have seen in previous years 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The number 2 impresed with his passing ability.

Danns didn't do much.

The trialist number 34 winger was lively again but, should have scored with an easy chance.

2 is Saul as mentioned earlier - 34 is Dan Bramhall from Barnsley.

Archived