The time is now.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, TheBigDog said:

Incorrect.

I think you will find I was correct.

"Our clubs immediate problem in finance. Whatever they say they do not have money .

in football you really need an owner who has money to lose . Silly I know, but true. Abdallah has never really  had the resources in that respect and I often wondered at times whether he was the front man for others. He told me personally he was not going to invest any further money into the club and it would have to learn to be self- sufficient"

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, League one forever said:

I’m reading lots of people on here and Twitter that are pleased to see the protest at the end of the game, myself included. 

But why are we leaving it to a group of young fans? We’re all sad/angry/upset/disillusioned but we’re doing nothing about it. Are we just going to watch the club die??  As bad as ALMO are- it’s matched by our collective apathy. IMO It’s time we all looked at ourselves and asked- what I am going to do about it.

So I’ve emailed the PTB to ask if they can look into/canvass opinion/support for a March/protest. I’m not bothered if it’s before/during/after the game.  I have never done this before, I’m a family man and this is outside of my comfort zone. However I want to do my bit, and not just leave it to others. I want to do something to show the owners we do care, and we aren’t going to sleep walk into oblivion. I must stress-  I don’t want confrontation, I just want us to unite. So If this gains any traction, or anything similar it will have my full support and engagement and I’d love as many people to join in as possible. 

If not you, then who? 

This was arranged last year - the march down from The White Hart - it was poorly attended (I was there) - I realised then how apathetic our fans are - worst in the league in my opinion. What's changed?

Talking of protests or boycotts.

Listening to that on ifollow you can really hear the fans singing anti clown chants and we've even had sky coverage tonight regarding the flare and tennis ball incidents.

Now could you imagine filling that Sir Jim stand and singing non stop anti clown songs, even just 4 or 5000 turning up to really be heard.

And if we get a good home tie which gets televised in the next round, that should be used to be seen and heard on sky for 90 mins.

As much as boycotting hits the club financially it gets less coverage than fans in the ground being less than pleasant.

All opinions but theres mine.

I

Caught the end. Seems that Simon Jordan's point was something along the lines of... if you can't prove the owner is doing something underhanded to fleece the club then fans should get back in their box.  Have I got that wrong?

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Caught the end. Seems that Simon Jordan's point was something along the lines of... if you can't prove the owner is doing something underhanded to fleece the club then fans should get back in their box.  Have I got that wrong?

Pretty much...

Apologies, I meant that was pretty much how it went. You have got it right.

Just now, nzlatic said:

No and I’ve been reminded why I hate the odious little prick 

Just now, nzlatic said:

Pretty much. I'd like to know if Mr Jordan would tolerate someone who has consistently cost him money.

Adam Moralee "The fans are trying to kill the club" What a muppet.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Yeah, 

And implied that if it’s just mistakes, rather than fleecing the club than just accept it. 

He said the same thing to bury fans when he had little knowledge of the subject, then started to change his mind as the situation worsened. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Who's accusing him of fleecing the club? Certainly not us. This why I don't always think all publicity is good publicity.

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Adam Moralle- 

We’ve met 20 times- I think there’s a meeting fatigue. 

Fuck. Off. 

I particularly liked the bit where he said 

“As Matt said there is a 5 year plan…”

Yeah we are in year 4 and bottom of the football league you absolute Moscow Grade Weapon 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, 

And implied that if it’s just mistakes, rather than fleecing the club than just accept it. 

He said the same thing to bury fans when he had little knowledge of the subject, then started to change his mind as the situation worsened. 

Wish Matt had known that about Bury as he kept saying “is Abdallah Steve Dale” 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Who's accusing him of fleecing the club? Certainly not us. This why I don't always think all publicity is good publicity.

I'd agree - not all publicity is good publicity.  I'm listening now and it's just been summed up as the owner coming in, discovering lots of surprising debts, got relegated, fans are now unhappy we're not doing well and are getting angry. It's totally lacking in any sort of research or understanding of the fans position.  And now this is being amplified on national media. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Adam Moralle- 

We’ve met 20 times- I think there’s a meeting fatigue. 

Fuck. Off. 

I kind of get his point even though it sounds terrible. There's been meetings, forums and ultimately nothing ever changes.

They've no interest in bettering the club, it is basically on life support now, yet another meeting isn't going to change that.

I kind of get his point even though it sounds terrible. There's been meetings, forums and ultimately nothing ever changes.

They've no interest in bettering the club, it is basically on life support now, yet another meeting isn't going to change that.

He said 20 times in the last year.  Bullshit left to go unchallenged by a clickbait radio station that has no real interest in this sort of stuff.

No question. 

But he tried to imply they listen and try to engage with the fans. 

When clearly it’s them and us. 

Archived