The time is now.

I’m reading lots of people on here and Twitter that are pleased to see the protest at the end of the game, myself included. 

But why are we leaving it to a group of young fans? We’re all sad/angry/upset/disillusioned but we’re doing nothing about it. Are we just going to watch the club die??  As bad as ALMO are- it’s matched by our collective apathy. IMO It’s time we all looked at ourselves and asked- what I am going to do about it.

So I’ve emailed the PTB to ask if they can look into/canvass opinion/support for a March/protest. I’m not bothered if it’s before/during/after the game.  I have never done this before, I’m a family man and this is outside of my comfort zone. However I want to do my bit, and not just leave it to others. I want to do something to show the owners we do care, and we aren’t going to sleep walk into oblivion. I must stress-  I don’t want confrontation, I just want us to unite. So If this gains any traction, or anything similar it will have my full support and engagement and I’d love as many people to join in as possible. 

If not you, then who? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am not a fan of supporters invading the pitch 

I have never booed our shirt

I chose not to attend Home games in the hope the regime will be hit financially by the ‘stayaways’

Its a peaceful and effective way of protesting 

AL has taken EFL loans which will need repaying and its been over over 12 months since he said he would buy the stadium off Brassbank 

There is always a tipping point and he’s not far off it financially 

3 minutes ago, dpwild said:

All for the protests on Tuesday. On the pitch, tennis balls etc. Has to happen. Need these clowns gone. 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

am not a fan of supporters invading the pitch 

I have never booed our shirt

I chose not to attend Home games in the hope the regime will be hit financially by the ‘stayaways’

Its a peaceful and effective way of protesting 

AL has taken EFL loans which will need repaying and its been over over 12 months since he said he would buy the stadium off Brassbank 

There is always a tipping point and he’s not far off it financially 

Some are going and protesting- tennis balls etc. 

Some are staying away and hitting them financially. 

Each has merit. 

But. 

What I want something we can ALL do. Just imagine 3/4 thousand people walking down sheep foot lane. Just imagine how galvanising that would be for us all. It’s not just about a March/protest- it’s reminding each other of our commonality and ultimate goal. When the game comes, the tennis ball lads can go in, and the stay aways  can go back to the pub/home. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Some are going and protesting- tennis balls etc. 

Some are staying away and hitting them financially. 

Each has merit. 

But. 

What I want something we can ALL do. Just imagine 3/4 thousand people walking down sheep foot lane. Just imagine how galvanising that would be for us all. It’s not just about a March/protest- it’s reminding each other of our commonality and ultimate goal. When the game comes, the tennis ball lads can go in, and the stay aways  can go back to the pub/home. 

Not a single fan in the stadium for a Home game would both hit them financially and hit the media 

Just need to agree the game 

Not one single fan 

Over to PtB lads and the Trust 

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Not a single fan in the stadium for a Home game would both hit them financially and hit the media 

Not one single fan 

You’ll never get an entirely empty ground 

My point on the main stand - it’s mainly occupied by the elderly who won’t see all this protest stuff 

my grandad who said at half time “we’re playing well” and I smiled and nodded is one who doesn’t know or even care - he's just hoping to see the season out

people and I include “Ryan” in this need to realise some people have reasons for going and staying and I’m sick of fucking repeating it 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Not one single fan 

Never ever going to happen mate. 

To many need their fix/family outing/mental health reasons. 

That’s why PTB held back on pushing the home boycott, and I understand why. 

It’s easy to justify what we as individuals think is right, (I’ve done it myself) but IMO the time has come to be collective. 

Would you come on a March before/after a game to show your support/solidarity and then get off home? 

I do wonder the best thing we could do to combine things. Would as well as not going, turning up, en masse to local non league sides (all at one club at a time) explaining to proper football fans what is going on and making the chairman's name mud, but at the same time giving ourselves a glowing reputation/future floating fan base be a good idea? Don't know really, just brain melting...

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You’ll never get an entirely empty ground 

My point on the main stand - it’s mainly occupied by the elderly who won’t see all this protest stuff 

my grandad who said at half time “we’re playing well” and I smiled and nodded is one who doesn’t know or even care - he's just hoping to see the season out

people and I include “Ryan” in this need to realise some people have reasons for going and staying and I’m sick of fucking repeating it 

100% pal. 

All this- going/not going entirely misses the point. 

I’m not asking people to justify any decision or stance, I’m asking us to come together and unite in something we all feel get behind. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Never ever going to happen mate. 

To many need their fix/family outing/mental health reasons. 

That’s why PTB held back on pushing the home boycott, and I understand why. 

It’s easy to justify what we as individuals think is right, (I’ve done it myself) but IMO the time has come to be collective. 

Would you come on a March before/after a game to show your support/solidarity and then get off home? 

I

I did the last walk then went home, well to the pub 

Even hard core supporters who still go to Home games just for family reasons could boycott a specific game surely 

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I

Even hard core supporters who still go to Home games just for family reasons could boycott a specific game surely 

I won’t repeat it again

i won’t be there on Tuesday ok 

26 minutes ago, OldhamSheridan said:

I do wonder the best thing we could do to combine things. Would as well as not going, turning up, en masse to local non league sides (all at one club at a time) explaining to proper football fans what is going on and making the chairman's name mud, but at the same time giving ourselves a glowing reputation/future floating fan base be a good idea? Don't know really, just brain melting...

I think you're right that we need to do a variety of things. Rather than an out and out boycott. That would be one of the nuclear options. People need to be eased in or worked up to that. Maybe pick and choose which home games to boycott and which home games for pitch and outside Main Stand protest. One thing I have noticed with Mo, who is the route of the problem, is that he really isn't a people's person, putting it politely. Judging how little regard and engagement with fans. He doesn't like being questioned or confronted. I would look at ways to make it uncomfortable for him, so he can't avoid the fans. I would be interested to know if the club is managing to pay the rent on the North stand? Because if they fall behind with that, the threat of administration could be back on.

It's beginning to sound as though further pitch invasions are inevitable. My thoughts:

1. I'd rather see barracking of the :clown::clown: throughout a home match by as many people as possible, rather than a boycott or a pitch invasion. Just ridicule the idiots non-stop.
  2. If a pitch invasion is decided on, it must be peaceful and as "static" as possible for maximum effect. If people went on during a game and just sat down in one area of the pitch, quietly and peacefully, until removed by stewards/police, then hopefully at least nobody gets hurt. But don't kid yourselves that there wouldn't be serious consequences for both invaders and the club. It might even play into the :clown::clown: hands. For those reasons I can't say it's a good idea.

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It's beginning to sound as though further pitch invasions are inevitable. My thoughts:

1. I'd rather see barracking of the :clown::clown: throughout a home match by as many people as possible, rather than a boycott or a pitch invasion. Just ridicule the idiots non-stop.
  2. If a pitch invasion is decided on, it must be peaceful and as "static" as possible for maximum effect. If people went on during a game and just sat down in one area of the pitch, quietly and peacefully, until removed by stewards/police, then hopefully at least nobody gets hurt. But don't kid yourselves that there wouldn't be serious consequences for both invaders and the club. It might even play into the :clown::clown: hands. For those reasons I can't say it's a good idea.

No one is debating pitch invasions on this thread.  I started it, to ask us to come together. 

Would you come on a March/Protest before/after a game? To show support and solidarity? 

18 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Judging by this tweet, it's good to see other fans are of a similar mindset to my earlier comment regarding Mo. He is a cancer at the club and needs to be removed. 

You could sense it the minute he walked through the door. 

I’ll never forget that first presser, (he wasn’t as known or prominent then) but his whole persona screamed- ‘I am  football mafia’ You will bow to me. 

Nah, I’ll pass thanks. 

Boycotting solves nothing, you'll always get a hardcore of fans turning up. Protests, pitch invasions and even some violence/vandalism are the only things which will make people notice us. Whilst I'm not condoning violence I'm certainly not discounting the other two options. Regular pitch invasions, chanting, tennis balls or any other form of disruption is the only way people will take note. Let's face it, Sky Sports aren't going to report that 500 fans didn't turn up to a home game, so boycotts are pointless. Disruption and in turn publicity is the only way forward. 

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd try to get everybody to move to the main stand for one game. Get it absolutely full and chant, chantv, chant to him for the whole 90 minutes 

Hes that thick skined he would just laugh and film you from behind his bodyguards pretty sure he gets off on it would spend his time provokeing the hot heads into doing something then sit back and take the moral high ground .effective protest sit down road block to stop visitors coach arriving delay KO  would get more publicity the shouting shit in the stands 

Boycott for one game. Midweek, in the league, against someone rubbish. Walsall at home immediately jumps out. Enough time to organise too. 

One form of protest could be to all turn up in flat caps and then do something with them!

Fair play to the youngsters yesterday. They've ignited something here and everyone seems on board.  Sometimes it's just better to go with instinct, rather than discuss the whys and wherefores. Braver than I. Free lifetime season tickets to them when I win the euromillions and buy the club. 

8 hours ago, tGWB said:

Not one single fan 

8 hours ago, tGWB said:

I

I would suggest Hartlepool at home. Jeff Stelling will ensure that any protest gets a mention or two on Sky 😀

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

No one is debating pitch invasions on this thread.  I started it, to ask us to come together. 

Would you come on a March/Protest before/after a game? To show support and solidarity? 

No problem with a march/protest before/after a game. And rather than a pitch invasion - which others have suggested, if not you - why not a mass walk-out at a pre-arranged point in the match? OK, ALMO have had the gate money, but a walk-out would be quite a sight hopefully and highlight regime opposition.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I would suggest Hartlepool at home. Jeff Stelling will ensure that any protest gets a mention or two on Sky 😀

Genius idea that BigDog 

Thats definitely the game 👏👏

Archived