The time is now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the bit I heard Morallee as the representitive of the club showed a complete lack of interest in fans concerns.  Bit of lip service to acknowledging results haven't been great, but totally disgregarding anything else.  Hosts seemingly ok with that.

Can Jordan seriously think that fans have decided to throw tennis balls on the pitch because we've signed a few shit players or disagree with a manager's appointment? Urgh, that was awful.

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Simon Jordan is an absolute disgrace 

100%, what an arrogant idiot he is. Hardly let Wheater get a word in and more or less tried to blame the situation on him/the pandemic.

As though plenty of other players haven't been maltreated by the Lemsagams, or but for the pandemic they would have been model owners.

Clueless media tarts, Jordan and White, they deserve each other. Did I hear White at one point say that fans can't keep protesting/disrupting matches? Piss off.

They were never going to get to the crux of the matter in the time allotted, but Jordan pretty much made out we should be grateful of the owner if anything. Absolute clueless prat.

And Moralee stating the fans are killing the club.. give me strength.

As was said further up, the problem was they just launched in to the discussion with absolutely no background on the last 20 years+....no mention of the 3 amigos and Blitz/Corney role etc and just made it seem as though we are unhappy at being a bit shit on the pitch

I don't know much about Adam Morallee but I thought he was absolutely disgusting in his approach and attitude towards the fans. If it is really the case that AlMo has put in £5-6 million then let's see the evidence and engagement and maybe we can work with them to make a success of things but I'm not sure I believe that figure....it's a bit like Blitz and Corney, they never tell you when they made money on a transaction, only where they spent money. 

Gobsmacked at the Talksport stuff and the lack of understanding by all the parties. If Jordan was any good he would still be running a club. Adam js clearly representing Abdallah. I did not hear any reference to him being part of the problem as a Director.

As I have discussed with him before , being in London he is not close to the action and is not aware of the temperature around matters at the club.

He is largely compromised due to Abdallah being his private client. However he talks well and is entitled to his opinion whilst I disagree with him on a number of issues.

I  would be interested  to know if part of the owners plan  was to run the club on borrowed money without any major input from himself or was that a strategy he changed mid term.

was his 5 year plan devised before he was aware of poor due diligence which resulted him in finding out that the club had massive debts on take over.

These are just some of the questions I would have posed.

Meeting fatigue is a ridiculous statement to make. Occasionally fans want to see the monkey not the organ grinder. Our club does not even meet the standards required by the EFL in respect of a minimum of two forums a year. Correct me if I am wrong but the Royton fiasco was the only one the club  has run since Abdallah

Matt Dean was on a hiding to nothing today, given the personalities involved. I really wish Matt well in his role but he will have to learn to defend difficult cross examination by raising issues of the embargo, living off borrowed money and the culture that exists at the club. There are many more , some of which I mentioned above.

in fairness to Matt until recently he has been the Architect and Director of topics under discussion and will

learn very quickly to get the relevant stuff into such occasions.

Fans need to insist on their forum and at least if the owner refuses that can be reported accordingly.

Matt, I am not getting at you and am available to give you the background on any topic when preparing for interviews with Moralee or any other Director.

By the way we have not heard from another fan rep, Richard Bowden on these topics.

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think those exchanges just highlight the point I've been making about how things will be seen in the wider football world, will be a big task to shift that narrative.

Possibly. But let's not equate TalkDrivel with the wider football world. In any case, with the exception of terrific supporter groups like Blackpool and Leyton Orient's, we're probably on our own anyway. Doesn't alter the fact that the :clown: :clown: must go.

It shouldn’t be a surprise that Talksport don’t have a clue on the situation. I really don’t know what the point of having Matt on for 5 minutes was when they clearly hadn’t done any prior research:

What it does reinforce is that as a group of fans, we’re in this by ourselves and it’s up to us to affect the change we need. Those in the media as a general rule won’t care until it’s gone completely tits up.

What the Athleticos have done this last week is amazing and they have given this some real momentum. I have faith in PTB and the new Trust to ride with this momentum and give us a form of protest we can all get behind. Now is the time to get behind whatever ideas they put forward.

Also big up David Wheater phoning in to disagree with Simon Jordan and Jim White.

27 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Possibly. But let's not equate TalkDrivel with the wider football world. In any case, with the exception of terrific supporter groups like Blackpool and Leyton Orient's, we're probably on our own anyway. Doesn't alter the fact that the :clown: :clown: must go.

Like it or not it is a big a platform as we'll get on.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Think those exchanges just highlight the point I've been making about how things will be seen in the wider football world, will be a big task to shift that narrative.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity, where we are concerned. Better to be talked about than not at all.

The thing is now is that the spotlight is now being turned on them so everytime they fuck up and if history tells us anything they will then the issues are going to get more abd more magnified. What we have seen last night is a starting point where the rest of football and the wider national media are now taking notice. They know that a story is developing here and they will be keeping tabs on it so every defeat every player fall out every sacking will be coming under more scrutiny.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I don't know much about Adam Morallee but I thought he was absolutely disgusting in his approach and attitude towards the fans. If it is really the case that AlMo has put in £5-6 million then let's see the evidence and engagement and maybe we can work with them to make a success of things but I'm not sure I believe that figure....it's a bit like Blitz and Corney, they never tell you when they made money on a transaction, only where they spent money. 

Moralee is a snake, he's akin to Barry Owen when he was in Abdallah's pocket, being his mouthpiece to the media for years. Moralee trying to divert the real issues to it just being about the recent performances is disgraceful, surely he knows what the protests are really about. Snake.

3 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

They were never going to get to the crux of the matter in the time allotted, but Jordan pretty much made out we should be grateful of the owner if anything. Absolute clueless prat.

And Moralee stating the fans are killing the club.. give me strength.

Morallee's comments on talkSPORT radio have also been reported in the Oldham Times

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics

However, the Oldham Times also said that "requests for an interview with the club's hierarchy have been declined."

BBC Radio Manchester have also tried to get an interview with AL or one of the directors, but have also had no luck!

13 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Morallee's comments on talkSPORT radio have also been reported in the Oldham Times

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics

However, the Oldham Times also said that "requests for an interview with the club's hierarchy have been declined."

BBC Radio Manchester have also tried to get an interview with AL or one of the directors, but have also had no luck!

They're all talked out from those twenty meetings. 

Archived