The time is now.

I wouldn't support pitch invasions and not sure what the owners of this site feel about criminal acts being so openly supported.

However, surely multiple pitch invasions would lead to the FA making us play behind closed doors, if we weren't willing or able to pay for more stewards and police?

It'd certainly have the knock on effect of no crowds, like some would want. Would probably hasten administration,  points deduction and relegation,  which some would argue would be a price worth paying if it got the owner out.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

I wouldn't support pitch invasions and not sure what the owners of this site feel about criminal acts being so openly supported.

However, surely multiple pitch invasions would lead to the FA making us play behind closed doors, if we weren't willing or able to pay for more stewards and police?

It'd certainly have the knock on effect of no crowds, like some would want. Would probably hasten administration,  points deduction and relegation,  which some would argue would be a price worth paying if it got the owner out.

I agree the pitch invasion is not a great idea, but surely you want this owner to sell up?

Maybe a total walk out at half time, a demo outside, then all come in again near the end when the gates are opened. ( do they still do that.)

35 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Who said anything about pitch invasions? I suggested a March. 

It’s easy to say what you don’t like or can’t support 

What would you do/support? 

8 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I agree the pitch invasion is not a great idea, but surely you want this owner to sell up?

Maybe a total walk out at half time, a demo outside, then all come in again near the end when the gates are opened. ( do they still do that.)

Yes for people who want to leave, 

I doubt very much they’d let you back in and trying to force the issue with hundreds of others would not end well at all 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

No one is debating pitch invasions on this thread.  I started it, to ask us to come together. 

Would you come on a March/Protest before/after a game? To show support and solidarity? 

Did you do the last walk 

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You’ll never get an entirely empty ground 

My point on the main stand - it’s mainly occupied by the elderly who won’t see all this protest stuff 

my grandad who said at half time “we’re playing well” and I smiled and nodded is one who doesn’t know or even care - he's just hoping to see the season out

people and I include “Ryan” in this need to realise some people have reasons for going and staying and I’m sick of fucking repeating it 

Genuine question Chaddy

Have you any thoughts on how supporters can express their disapproval with the current regime and the continuing decline of our club 

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Genuine question Chaddy

Have you any thoughts on how supporters can express their disapproval with the current regime and the continuing decline of our club 

Yes, the OASF representatives to make it known in the boardroom loud and clear instead of walking away. The board can't sack him/her can they?

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Genuine question Chaddy

Genuine question Chaddy

Not really no - but I’m sick and tired of people (not you) calling those who go hypocrites and

“we’re only unhappy cos results are shit”

results have been shit for at least 30 of the 37 years I have supported so I can do without being patronised 

The chants yesterday were heard loud and clear by Mo and contrary to what some think him, Evans and that commercial guy clearly didn’t like them

I have made my own barbed comments in the direction - I’d be more forceful but I’m a bit old to be fighting with stewards tbh 

Ive said I’m all for the in ground stuff - tennis balls, masks, flat caps on the pitch you name it but it needs to be en masse or it will just look pathetic and lead to individuals being thrown out and banned.

It also needs to be en masse so that this “minority comment” can be shoved right down their throats 

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not really no - but I’m sick and tired of people (not you) calling those who go hypocrites and

“we’re only unhappy cos results are shit”

results have been shit for at least 30 of the 37 years I have supported so I can do without being patronised 

The chants yesterday were heard loud and clear by Mo and contrary to what some think him, Evans and that commercial guy clearly didn’t like them

I have made my own barbed comments in the direction - I’d be more forceful but I’m a bit old to be fighting with stewards tbh 

Ive said I’m all for the in ground stuff - tennis balls, masks, flat caps on the pitch you name it but it needs to be en masse or it will just look pathetic and lead to individuals being thrown out and banned.

It also needs to be en masse so that this “minority comment” can be shoved right down their throats 

agree with most of that 

Its a toughie finding something that overlaps the varying ages and opinions of our supporters and doesn't allow the media to spin it as 'thuggish behaviour' 

High morale ground and all that

Only time I am ever going on a pitch is if we ever win something

38 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No, I was away at the time. 

I think about 300 attended the walk, maybe a few more 

Definitely a feeling of solidarity in that supporters were coming together to actually do something

Varying age groups, from kids with mums and dads, some older folk and small groups of lads

Typically Latics fans though, didn't really stay in a mass group but most came together outside the main stand

Scarves thrown on the floor at the main entrance and a few "Abdallah Out" chants

Head scratcher for me was most then went in the ground to watch the game

Everyone has their own thoughts on what actions might tip AL out of the club 

Personally, am pretty sure his achilles heel is how deep his pockets are and am hoping he's scrambling around for small change  

12 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You’ll never get an entirely empty ground 

My point on the main stand - it’s mainly occupied by the elderly who won’t see all this protest stuff 

my grandad who said at half time “we’re playing well” and I smiled and nodded is one who doesn’t know or even care - he's just hoping to see the season out

people and I include “Ryan” in this need to realise some people have reasons for going and staying and I’m sick of fucking repeating it 

They have no business complaining about the ownership then and I’m sick of fucking repeating it.

A good win against a team from the league above and the plebs won’t be able muster a whimper 👍

9 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Boycotting solves nothing, you'll always get a hardcore of fans turning up. Protests, pitch invasions and even some violence/vandalism are the only things which will make people notice us. Whilst I'm not condoning violence I'm certainly not discounting the other two options. Regular pitch invasions, chanting, tennis balls or any other form of disruption is the only way people will take note. Let's face it, Sky Sports aren't going to report that 500 fans didn't turn up to a home game, so boycotts are pointless. Disruption and in turn publicity is the only way forward. 

Rubbish - Blackpool got tons of publicity in the legacy media throughout their boycott. 

“Starving the owners of revenue won’t make them cut their losses so I’ll just suggest that everyone in the ground incriminates themselves instead” mega lol.

Definitely a feeling of solidarity in that supporters were coming together to actually do something

Varying age groups, from kids with mums and dads, some older folk and small groups of lads

Typically Latics fans though, didn't really stay in a mass group but most came together outside the main stand

Scarves thrown on the floor at the main entrance and a few "Abdallah Out" chants

Personally, am pretty sure his achilles heel is how deep his pockets are and am hoping he's scrambling around for small change  

I followed it on social media, it was great to see. 👍🏻

I definitely agree- we need something that brings all ages together to again show that solidarity. 

That’s why I said earlier. 

If you want to go to the game- fine 

If you don’t- fine. 

The game in itself isn’t relevant.

We keep hearing what people won’t back or don’t agree with, and very little on what they would support collectively. 

44 minutes ago, tGWB said:

agree with most of that 

Its a toughie finding something that overlaps the varying ages and opinions of our supporters and doesn't allow the media to spin it as 'thuggish behaviour' 

High morale ground and all that

Only time I am ever going on a pitch is if we ever win something

Keep buying the crisp white trainers then they are in no danger of a grass stain for a long long tkme

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They have no business complaining about the ownership then and I’m sick of fucking repeating it.

A good win against a team from the league above and the plebs won’t be able muster a whimper 👍

Rubbish - Blackpool got tons of publicity in the legacy media throughout their boycott. 

“Starving the owners of revenue won’t make them cut their losses so I’ll just suggest that everyone in the ground incriminates themselves instead” mega lol.

You're not going to get what you want running round calling people plebs and scabs if you then want them to change their behaviour.

7 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

You're not going to get what you want running round calling people plebs and scabs if you then want them to change their behaviour.

I don’t expect the mass man to ever heed my warnings

We could all walk out on 76 minutes a number which represents the amount of monumental fuck ups these two :clown::clown: have been party too.

Ironically it was the youngsters on and off the pitch who impressed me most yesterday, passion and fight which puts a lot of us older ones to shame, or are we just immune to the shite we've been served up for the past couple of decades, who knows, one things for sure times are changing and it's about time.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We could all walk out on 76 minutes a number which represents the amount of monumental fuck ups these two :clown::clown: have been party too.

Ironically it was the youngsters on and off the pitch who impressed me most yesterday, passion and fight which puts a lot of us older ones to shame, or are we just immune to the shite we've been served up for the past couple of decades, who knows, one things for sure times are changing and it's about time.

How did you narrow down to only 76? 

Id have thought we’d need a replay, extra time and penalties where all 22 score before we got close 

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

Barry says that he's already stopped funding the club and it has to be run on the income it generates.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

10,000 boycotted Blackpool but 4,000 die-hards still went every week. We only have 3,500 fans left of which most are die-hard and will go regardless, everyone else stopped bothering years ago. So it's never going to work, never has in the past and never will in the future. The numbers just don't work. 

46 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

10,000 boycotted Blackpool but 4,000 die-hards still went every week. We only have 3,500 fans left of which most are die-hard and will go regardless, everyone else stopped bothering years ago. So it's never going to work, never has in the past and never will in the future. The numbers just don't work. 

First of all I do not think that Abdallah has the finance or enthusiasm to finance the club in a monthly basis, hence the financial difficulties we face. 

I do not necessarily disagree with his stance. He is not the wealthiest of owner with a wife and young family to consider.

He is perfectly entitled to review his investment abs say enough is enough.

if makes no sense whatsoever that he hangs on. Nobody is ever going to come along and give him his money back.

The one area of weakness centres on their insistence of judging people on the money they they think should be put in.

A certain Director was appointed because of the contacts they believed he had to provide funds. That has not out very well.!!! .

They complain about the town and its people not supporting them . They always think the EFL should make more money available. Like any businessman , they are only hurt when there is a lack of support and finance.

Blackpool in many respects was a different situation. The Oyston’s were financially able to sit it out for quite some time.

Any action fans take should be lawful in every respect. Canvassing the media is essential and notifying the police of any demonstrations is a must.

Peaceful demonstration cannot be criticised but if fans, particularly the young ones start acting in contravention of the law , you start to lose credibility and the cause you are fighting for.

Before such action is decided both Abdallah and Blitz need to be invited to the table for a meeting with a select body of persons from each group.

they can be told what your remit is.

Neither  can complain afterwards that they were not approached.

such a meeting should be with them, not Evan’s or the Brother. Not with solicitors but just the owners.

In my opinion that is what I feel but we have to remember that whatever happens those who wish to attend games peacefully should do so without hinderance or fear.

As the saying goes, “ maintain the moral high ground”

The BigDog

the “ incorrect “ statement needs to be clarified by you.

what evidence do you have that Abdallah is financing the club. If so why is he borrows ring money.

might be interest free but it as to be paid back.

Clarify please.

Archived